• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is trying to buy shoes online such a miserable experience? If I try to find something within Canada, selection is extremely limited, if I try to buy something from the States, they either won't ship to Canada (the fuck, we're right next door), or shipping charges are high enough to just turn me off from buying the shoe.

The hell.

giga

Why is trying to buy shoes online such a miserable experience? If I try to find something within Canada, selection is extremely limited, if I try to buy something from the States, they either won't ship to Canada (the fuck, we're right next door), or shipping charges are high enough to just turn me off from buying the shoe.

The hell.
That's the price you pay for bagged milk.

I need a couple recommendations. I will be traveling a lot and I'm looking for a message bag that's light, thin but wide (to hold a 15" macbook pro retina + other misc things), and has the flap over look. Oh, and of course manshionable.

I was looking over some kenneth cole bags today but couldn't find any that worked exactly. What would you guys recommend? Price is not an object (up to $500ish)
I'd honestly recommend that Boconi bag I gave away on the previous page. It's a great bag.

That's the price you pay for bagged milk.

obama%20wipe%20away%20tear.gif

Azzurri

Gold Member
I hate buying raw denim jeans online since they all fit different. Problem is there aren't any stores here that have good raw denim. I usually go to Chicago and buy my jeans.

Need help, Manshion GAF. Regarding Levis 511s, where should the hem fall on my leg? Is it totally based on shoe type or is there a rule of thumb? I like how the 32x32s fit on my waist but they seem short on my leg.

Also, what type of shoes would you wear with 511s?

This real pic January stuff has really opened my eyes to how many people on GAF not only wear glasses but wear the most unappealing ones possible. One hour of time put into finding some nice glasses guys, that's all I ask.

Zekes!

This real pic January stuff has really opened my eyes to how many people on GAF not only wear glasses but wear the most unappealing ones possible. One hour of time put into finding some nice glasses guys, that's all I ask.

Last time I decided to buy new frames it took me literally a year to find ones I liked. Eventually I decided on some simple Ray-Bans (mine are a solid black though):

I kind of want to go shopping for new frames (especially because I need new lenses), but I have no idea what I would want. I think I might stick with these for some time to come.

Antagon

I hate buying raw denim jeans online since they all fit different. Problem is there aren't any stores here that have good raw denim. I usually go to Chicago and buy my jeans.

Yeah. Last time I went I tried on 8 or so pairs before deciding. Downside is that there's only one good denim store in my country (Netherlands). Luckily it's in Amsterdam which is only an hour by train from my house.

Also normal stores seem to be stocking some raw denim nowadays, but none of the truly interesting brands. Most annoying is that one of the bigger chains has Sugarcane on their website, but only available in their online shop.

Want to get an extra pair myself. My LVC 1944's ended up a bit too vintage for me and while I love my Tellason's, a second good pair of jeans can't hurt.

Dina

Yeah. Last time I went I tried on 8 or so pairs before deciding. Downside is that there's only one good denim store in my country (Netherlands). Luckily it's in Amsterdam which is only an hour by train from my house.

Also normal stores seem to be stocking some raw denim nowadays, but none of the truly interesting brands. Most annoying is that one of the bigger chains has Sugarcane on their website, but only available in their online shop.

Want to get an extra pair myself. My LVC 1944's ended up a bit too vintage for me and while I love my Tellason's, a second good pair of jeans can't hurt.

What's the name of the store (Amsterdammer here)?

Need help, Manshion GAF. Regarding Levis 511s, where should the hem fall on my leg? Is it totally based on shoe type or is there a rule of thumb? I like how the 32x32s fit on my waist but they seem short on my leg.

Also, what type of shoes would you wear with 511s?
Slim jeans should chunk up a bit at the bottom IMO. They look a bit off hovering cleanly.

tylerdeep

Neo Member
Seen a couple of people around town wearing these. But have no idea what they are called. They are cotton, jean like light blue trousers that are almost skin tight and look really comfortable. They have like an elastic style quality where if you lift the material it snaps back onto the leg. Any ideas?

They look a little bit like this but more of a cotton feel and jean like but not made of denim. They just look really comfortable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kuyichi-Carmen-Skinny-Womens-Trousers/dp/B006FFIC7W/ref=sr_1_11?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1356998910&sr=1-11

Seen a couple of people around town wearing these. But have no idea what they are called. They are cotton, jean like light blue trousers that are almost skin tight and look really comfortable. They have like an elastic style quality where if you lift the material it snaps back onto the leg. Any ideas?

They look a little bit like this but more of a cotton feel and jean like but not made of denim. They just look really comfortable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kuyichi-Carmen-Skinny-Womens-Trousers/dp/B006FFIC7W/ref=sr_1_11?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1356998910&sr=1-11

Pajama jeans? They're for women.

Antagon

http://www.drjays.com/shop?cmd=imag...ght-fit-welder-speedbump-jeans&catname=Levi's

like these?

Id call them skinny personally, but I guess I could live with that.

So can these be rocked with a waistcoat/shirt/tie combo? And whats a a cool pair of shoes to wear with them?

Check out Levi's Vintage Clothing. Faithful replica's of old Levi's jeans, including fits. The 1944 might be a nice choice; rather wide fit and some awesome details like painted on arches on the backpockets.

Downside is that they don't come cheap and that I'm not sure if you can get them sanforized.

Was looking at these two shoes:

The brown would be worn to work (dress casual dress code). My last job was also dress casual and I knew someone who wore these - making me think they fit with a pair of khaki pants and a polo shirt?

Second pair would be worn with a pair of jeans and a polo or t-shirt. Right now my go to shoes for this type of dress is a pair of black/white chucks so these would replace those.

7TN0b.png

Any thoughts?

Antagon

Shell toes are such classics. Not a big fan of the top shoes myself, but they should fit in with the dress code.

Also, I love clothes that age well...

Zekes!

Was looking at these two shoes:

The brown would be worn to work (dress casual dress code). My last job was also dress casual and I knew someone who wore these - making me think they fit with a pair of khaki pants and a polo shirt?

Second pair would be worn with a pair of jeans and a polo or t-shirt. Right now my go to shoes for this type of dress is a pair of black/white chucks so these would replace those.

http://i.imgur.com/7TN0b.png

Any thoughts?

Don't like either. Shell toes are classic, but I'm not a fan of the black ones.

Shell toes are such classics. Not a big fan of the top shoes myself, but they should fit in with the dress code.

Also, I love clothes that age well...

Been meaning to clean my Iron Rangers, but they look so good dirtied up.

Antagon

Don't like either. Shell toes are classic, but I'm not a fan of the black ones.

Been meaning to clean my Iron Rangers, but they look so good dirtied up.

Which color do you have? I've got the rough out leather muleskinners. Outside of denim bleed mine aren't even dirty, they just took on a different color through wear. Compared them with a brand new pair yesterday and they look so much better now.

Practical.

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Aleksandr_Manamis_Siamese_Sleeve_Blouson_in_Ashes_30122.html

Also noticed our good friend Lunchbox was banned. Who will bring us to our senses now?
Oh god that shirt.

Looks like something Cosmic Bus could pull off though.

I want something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/dbR0t.jpg[/*IMG]

found this:

[url]http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=26174730&parentid=M_OUTERWEAR[/url]

but don't like the color and looks a bit thin/cheap!?

man I don't know[/QUOTE]
Yeah, like moose said, there are two jackets there. Denim vests have become pretty popular lately, my brother got a decent looking one at Urban Outfitters for cheap, you might check there.

Practical.

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Aleksandr_Manamis_Siamese_Sleeve_Blouson_in_Ashes_30122.html

Also noticed our good friend Lunchbox was banned. Who will bring us to our senses now?

Overall, the Aleksandr Manamis collections can be deconstructed into three categories; firstly, an array of more basic styles inspired by the effortless appraisal of our day-to-day, secondly an alluring segment of rather slouch, droopy and deconstructed styles with a more tailored sterling look and thirdly one can observe, a line of more delicate exclusive avant-garde garments.

The fuck does this even mean. Ban the word deconstructed from fashion marketing ffs

Overall, the Aleksandr Manamis collections can be deconstructed into three categories; firstly, an array of more basic styles inspired by the effortless appraisal of our day-to-day, secondly an alluring segment of rather slouch, droopy and deconstructed styles with a more tailored sterling look and thirdly one can observe, a line of more delicate exclusive avant-garde garments.

The fuck does this even mean. Ban the word deconstructed from fashion marketing ffs

I want the job of writing that stuff. Seems like an easy way to get through life.

Zekes!

Which color do you have? I've got the rough out leather muleskinners. Outside of denim bleed mine aren't even dirty, they just took on a different color through wear. Compared them with a brand new pair yesterday and they look so much better now.

I've got the Ambers. I love the way to look dirtied up, but I like to clean them every once and a while just to take care of 'em.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
not even a day into 2013 and i already bought something. fuck.

I tried to, but the shops I intended to hit up were closed. Might have to browse Asos or something tonight.

Is this look too hipster? i kinda like it.

It feels really conflicting to me. Like this guy's a GQ model trying to sneak into a rockabilly bar or something. I hate the boots and the way his jeans are cuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom