• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I tried to, but the shops I intended to hit up were closed. Might have to browse Asos or something tonight.

It feels really conflicting to me. Like this guy's a GQ model trying to sneak into a rockabilly bar or something. I hate the boots and the way his jeans are cuffed.

The boots and jeans are my favorite part.

Totally bought more undies and jeans on sale at American eagle online.

Made my first pickup of 2013 about 15 hours in to the year. I feel your pain, Alucrid.

Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in black. Been wearing them for most of the day and I really dig how they look/feel.

hGbbK.jpg
iu37A.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Finally placing an order for a bunch of stuff after withholding for quite a while is basically like a really good orgasm. Discuss.

p.s. <3 after-Christmas sales

mooooose

Ugh. Blogs and clothing are literally my biggest pet peeve. Find your own style, whatever that is/means. Blogs ruined fashion by globalizing and making everyone the same.

cacophony

Ugh. Blogs and clothing are literally my biggest pet peeve. Find your own style, whatever that is/means. Blogs ruined fashion by globalizing and making everyone the same.

well you have to find inspiration somewhere.. finding your own style is just combining things you like about other peoples style. that doesn't mean that you're just going to jack someone's style 100%.

Antagon

Made my first pickup of 2013 about 15 hours in to the year. I feel your pain, Alucrid.

Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in black. Been wearing them for most of the day and I really dig how they look/feel.

Man, 1000 mile boots are so purty. Love the black upper with tanned sole, wish you'd see that more often in shoes.

EVOL 100%

They're good for learning what not to do and basic shit. They do tend to encourage homogenization but people do that of their own accord anyway. Blogs just made it easier.

Zekes!

It's the scrutiny, maaan ;__;

There were a few pair of shoes I wanted, but none were available in a 7. I need pants, too, but that's something where it's just a bad idea for me to get 'em online.

Shit, you wear a size 7 shoe too?

Hey luckyboy, how's the fit/weight of the 1000 Mile? As much as I love my Red Wing Iron Rangers, they're a little heavy, and a half size too big (can't size down as I wear the smallest size...). I've considered trying the 1000 Mile as another option in the future.

Yo Bus, those two floral print shirts you ordered are lovely. I need to find myself something similar.

Those are some nice looking boots.

Man, 1000 mile boots are so purty. Love the black upper with tanned sole, wish you'd see that more often in shoes.
Thanks, guys. I agree with the tanned sole, that was actually one of the main selling points for me. I think it's the best part of the boot.

Shit, you wear a size 7 shoe too?

Hey luckyboy, how's the fit/weight of the 1000 Mile? As much as I love my Red Wing Iron Rangers, they're a little heavy, and a half size too big (can't size down as I wear the smallest size...). I've considered trying the 1000 Mile as another option in the future.
Pretty good fit/weight from what I can tell. It's a real snug fit but in a good way. Once they break in a little bit they feel fantastic. Weight seems very reasonable as well.

To be fair, I've never really owned a full size boot like these before so it's hard to gauge them comparatively. I recall hearing the 1000 Mile boots are a bit more snug than the Iron Rangers, but I can't confirm that seeing as I've never actually worn the Rangers.

Antagon

Yo Bus, those two floral print shirts you ordered are lovely. I need to find myself something similar.

Thanks, guys. I agree with the tanned sole, that was actually one of the main selling points for me. I think it's the best part of the boot.

Pretty good fit/weight from what I can tell. It's a real snug fit but in a good way. Once they break in a little bit they feel fantastic. Weight seems very reasonable as well.

To be fair, I've never really owned a full size boot like these before so it's hard to gauge them comparatively. I recall hearing the 1000 Mile boots are a bit more snug than the Iron Rangers, but I can't confirm that seeing as I've never actually worn the Rangers.

A few pages back there was also that Allen Edmonds x Dandy Project shoe:

DSC_00231-940x624.jpg

I really want something like that with a 'normal' nose.

Those Edmonds are beautiful.

The Timberland Wodehouse model sort of fits the bill for what you're looking for.

I own a pair in brown and not only are they the most comfortable boot I've ever worn, they're also far and away the most complimented item in my wardrobe. They come in oxfords too, though I think the chukkas fit the style better.

bob page

Anyone know how returns work at JCrew Factory? I got a few shirts for Christmas that were purchased from a physical Factory store. They don't fit and there's no Factory store anywhere near me- has anyone had luck returning these at a regular JCrew store?

Zekes!

Ah word, thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future. As much as I'm used to wearing shoes that a tad too big, it's always appreciated when I find something just just fits perfect.

How is this for a winter coat?
Fur detailing almost never looks good. It definitely doesn't there. I love the army green color but that's about it.

Yeah the hoodie isn't really what I'm after because I usually wear my own. But I like the look of the jacket. However it's expensive, only online and I'm not sure I fit the style... :/
Sounds like a lot of reasons not to buy the jacket. Don't talk yourself into something that you aren't sure about. You should be able to buy a decent leather jacket for that price, I'd keep looking around.

Antagon

Those Edmonds are beautiful.

The Timberland Wodehouse model sort of fits the bill for what you're looking for.

I own a pair in brown and not only are they the most comfortable boot I've ever worn, they're also far and away the most complimented item in my wardrobe. They come in oxfords too, though I think the chukkas fit the style better.

I want some black shoes that I can wear both with a nice suit on special occasions but in more casual situations as well. I have a feeling that those tanned soles give them enough of an edge to pull that off. But obviously chukka's or imo derby's (why do shoe companies call derbies oxfords anyway, bit of a pet peeve for me) won't really work for that.

Ah we'll, hopefully I run into something nice one day.

Sweet. Are the Unbrandeds grey? If so, that'd probably be a rad outfit right there.

I wear a similar outfit from time to time with my old TOJ Varsity and always get compliments.

Sweet. Are the Unbrandeds grey? If so, that'd probably be a rad outfit right there.

I wear a similar outfit from time to time with my old TOJ Varsity and always get compliments.

Gray unbranded man, only way to go. For me, the tapered versions are the best fits of all the raw denim brands I've tried and for 45 dollars I'd be crazy to say no.

Made my first clothing purchases of 2013...

Sweater & cords that were on sale at jcrew:
1e49c6150673ad44c3716409b1386c69_zps4a8fa575.jpg

...And a Barbour Bedale jacket with hood attachment:
c6829f79b42b2d753a70422a12d8ca29_zps994af72a.jpg

Next up, a pair of Iron Rangers (brown) or Wolverine 1000 Miles (either brown or black) and Alden Indys... Wish me luck.

Gray unbranded man, only way to go. For me, the tapered versions are the best fits of all the raw denim brands I've tried and for 45 dollars I'd be crazy to say no.
Dude for $45 I'd buy out the stock. I don't own any Unbranded, but I'm thinking about getting either a brown or red colored pair of jeans by the end of Winter. If they put out any of those colorways I'll probably pick them up. Been meaning to buy some.

Made my first clothing purchases of 2013...

Sweater & cords that were on sale at jcrew:

Next up, a pair of Iron Rangers (brown) or Wolverine 1000 Miles (either brown or black) and Alden Indys... Wish me luck.
Nice pickups, you'll get a lot of use out of those cords through Spring.

For what it's worth, I picked up the 1000 Mile in black yesterday (posted above) and I absolutely love them. Didn't get a chance to try on the Iron Rangers, but the Wolverine's are wonderful so far. Highly recommended.

Antagon

To make the choice harder, I love my Iron Rangers. Fantastic quality, 5 months and in I've had no issues with them at all. Got the 8113 (rough out leather), which are already aging beautifully, see my post on the previous page.

Apeopleman

Something I was thinking about;

Living in America, I realized something. Most mass produced brands such as Nike fit like parachutes. People who are slim, skinny or toned have to actively search and go out of their way for clothes that shouldn't have to be labeled as such.

Rather, it should be the other way around, with the slim fit and more fitted clothing not labeled anything, and the baggier/poorly cut clothing being labeled in a different category.

I realize our country's clothing companies cater to the larger market because obesity is at an all time high, and people are in worst shape than they've ever been, but there needs to be some sort of PSA or style revolution where its the norm for clothes to be made to fit properly, and not like tents.

Just felt like sharing my opinion.

Something I was thinking about;

Living in America, I realized something. Most mass produced brands such as Nike fit like parachutes. People who are slim, skinny or toned have to actively search and go out of their way for clothes that shouldn't have to be labeled as such.

Rather, it should be the other way around, with the slim fit and more fitted clothing not labeled anything, and the baggier/poorly cut clothing being labeled in a different category.

I realize our country's clothing companies cater to the larger market because obesity is at an all time high, and people are in worst shape than they've ever been, but there needs to be some sort of PSA or style revolution where its the norm for clothes to be made to fit properly, and not like tents.

Just felt like sharing my opinion.

it's kind of like why vanity sizing exists. no one wants to be told they are bigger than they think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom