• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I'm all out of fashion money for the foreseeable future, but I'll pass the information along to a few friends of mine in the market for some new affordable suits. Thanks, dude.

EVOL 100%

uNFDI.png

I'm sorry, I was unaware I was browsing the women's section

ucdawg12

manshion-gaf! i'm having second thoughts. i can't really tell if these look normal or not anymore and could use some other eyes. these are the 33s (white shirt) and for comparison the 32s (black shirt). the 32s actually look like they are the bigger size for some reason.

TZcMP.jpg
1wofm.jpg

i still don't know if the legs are so small that they make the thighs look huge. they look questionable to me. but theres such a dramatic difference between the 32s and 33s (imo) that im thinking maybe size up to a 34 or something and let my tailor fix the waist and thighs if possible although i dunno, when i lay the two pants on one another they don't really look to be different in size besides slightly in the waist and hips

manshion-gaf! i'm having second thoughts. i can't really tell if these look normal or not anymore and could use some other eyes. these are the 33s (white shirt) and for comparison the 32s (black shirt). the 32s actually look like they are the bigger size for some reason.

TZcMP.jpg
1wofm.jpg

i still don't know if the legs are so small that they make the thighs look huge. they look questionable to me. but theres such a dramatic difference between the 32s and 33s (imo) that im thinking maybe size up to a 34 or something and let my tailor fix the waist and thighs if possible although i dunno, when i lay the two pants on one another they don't really look to be different in size besides slightly in the waist and hips

These look... hilarious. Definitely looks weird to me. They're ballooning.

Alucrid makes scrubbin' fashionable. Never thought I'd see the day.

The greatest of all tragedies.
So true, dude. Of course now that I can't spend any money, I find a ton of things that I want. It's torture.

I need to start dating one of the Nordstrom girls so I can have access to her family card.
Yes, I'm that shallow.

Same here, since I just bought an $800 Ann Demeulemeester cardigan.
Whoa, nice. Post pics when you get them.

ucdawg12

thanks for confirming my doubts guys, they're on their way back now. feels like a weight off of my shoulders haha.

i found a sort-of replacement at dunderdon (not cargos but the fabric\color was the main draw) but shipping is expensive and returns aren't free yikes.

sze10.jpg

also dunno if these will be all that useful outside of the colder months which LA doesn't have a lot of. might just go with lighter-weight dark brown chinos or something.

Hung out with coldvein last night and he was all decked out in gear courtesy of the Manshion thread. See guys, we can make a difference!

Those 511s are a good look, man.

If I was as studly as you I would have one girl in each of my favorite stores getting me those discounts.
Trust me, I've tried. Only works at stores that aren't based around commission AKA nothing.

kaskade

Anyone here tried or bought from Warby Parker? I just ordered the at home trial thing to see how they look. I typically wear contacts but I'd like a nice pair to wear out sometimes. They also have high index lenses which I'm going to look into to cut down on my lens thickness as my eyes are pretty bad.

Lucky boy has a pair, I've seen them, they looked pretty solid and well put together; the acetate had a nice deep color. Can't imagine being disappointed for the price. I want some sunnies from them.

Anyone here tried or bought from Warby Parker? I just ordered the at home trial thing to see how they look. I typically wear contacts but I'd like a nice pair to wear out sometimes. They also have high index lenses which I'm going to look into to cut down on my lens thickness as my eyes are pretty bad.

warby parker is great. my gf has bought 2 eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses using the home trial. it's pretty covenient; i've tried on the glasses as well but havent bought anything.

Shiv47

I got my glasses from them, with the high index lenses. No problems. For $120, versus the $300+ you'd pay at an optometrist, it can't be beat. Plus, I've had more compliments on the glasses than anything else I've worn.

Looks oddly similar to my Dark Souls character.

Like Mac said, I own the Bensen model and absolutely love them. For the price they're really hard to beat. Comes with super nice presentation and an extremely well put together package if you're into that sort of thing. Don't think I've ever met anyone who was disappointed with their products.

kaskade

I got my glasses from them, with the high index lenses. No problems. For $120, versus the $300+ you'd pay at an optometrist, it can't be beat. Plus, I've had more compliments on the glasses than anything else I've worn.
Very cool, how are the high index ones compared to the normal? I'm not exactly sure about my prescription yet. I'll have to call my optometrist tomorrow to get it.

Looks oddly similar to my Dark Souls character.

Like Mac said, I own the Bensen model and absolutely love them. For the price they're really hard to beat. Comes with super nice presentation and an extremely well put together package if you're into that sort of thing. Don't think I've ever met anyone who was disappointed with their products.

I'm a sucker for it so that's good to hear. Nice to hear the good impressions though. They do seem like a pretty good company which is all the more incentive to deal with them.

Alucrid

Banned
To macuser with love:

900x900px-LL-7bab3bf1_JKcdo.jpeg

-SS

also being into clothes is terrible. just when i think i'm getting satisfied i get ideas in my head.

Shiv47

Very cool, how are the high index ones compared to the normal? I'm not exactly sure about my prescription yet. I'll have to call my optometrist tomorrow to get

The frames I have obscure the fact that I have high index lenses almost completely, but I don't recall which ones they are, as it looks like WP discontinued those frames.

bob page

WP is awesome and they have amazing customer service. Quality isn't as good as something like Rayban but for $90, you can't beat it. If you live in NYC, definitely check out their showroom.

bob page

Just picked up my first nice purchase of 2013... a J Crew Ludlow suit. Found it for $268 total on sale ($390 on sale + more than 30% off ontop that)... nearly shit my pants.

18613_WW7579_m
The 30% code is active again but doesn't work on pants (code STYLEFIND).

I have a pair of 30/30 matching pants that I got the other day that I plan on selling if anyone is interested (I need to get a longer pair). Brand new with tags and match the herringbone suit coat posted above.

Looking for $90 shipped (which means the total cost of the suit comes out to $270 if you buy the coat from J Crew).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom