• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the lining of the one I have:

SCLAZl.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Went to Chinatown today. I would like to reiterate the asian love for puffy jackets.

Also school is back in session and nothing has improved.

Alucrid

Banned
What are you talking about?

Not me, in general.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013
9:30 CET / 3:30am EST – Lucien Pellat Finet
14:30 CET / 8:30am EST – Carven
16:30 CET / 10:30am EST – Walter Van Beirendonck
17:30 CET / 11:30am EST – Valentino
18:30 CET / 12:30pm EST – Mugler
19:30 CET / 1:30pm EST – Christian Lacroix Homme
20:30 CET / 2:30pm EST – Raf Simons

Thursday, January 17, 2013
9:00 CET / 3:00am EST – 3.1 Philip Lim
10:30 CET / 4:30am EST – Kolor
11:30 CET / 5:30am EST – Issey Miyake Men
12:30 CET / 6:30am EST – Rick Owens
14:30 CET / 8:30am EST – Louis Vuitton
16:00 CET / 10:00am EST – Viktor & Rolf Monsieur
17:00 CET / 11:00am EST – Jean Paul Gaultier
18:00 CET / 12:00pm EST – Yohji Yamamoto
19:00 CET / 1:00pm EST – Dries Van Noten
20:00 CET / 2:00pm EST – Henrik Vibskov

Friday, January 18, 2013
10:00 CET / 4:00am EST – Junya Watanabe Man
11:00 CET / 5:00am EST – Ann Demeulemeester
12:00 CET / 6:00am EST – Maison Martin Margiela
13:00 CET / 7:00am EST – Gustavolins
14:00 CET / 8:00am EST – Juun J
15:00 CET / 9:00am EST – Kris Van Assche
17:00 CET / 11:00am EST – Comme Des Garcons Homme Plus
18:00 CET / 12:00pm EST – Givenchy
19:00 CET / 1:00pm EST – John Galliano
20:00 CET / 2:00pm EST – Berluti

Saturday, January 19, 2013
11:00 CET / 5:00am EST – Boris Bidjan Saberi
12:00 CET / 6:00am EST – Bernhard Willhelm
15:00 CET / 9:00pm EST – Dior Homme
16:00 CET / 10:00am EST – Wooyoungmi
18:00 CET / 12:00pm EST – Miharayasuhiro
19:00 CET / 1:00pm EST – Damir Doma
20:00 CET / 2:00pm EST – Hermes

Sunday, January 20, 2013
10:00 CET / 4:00am EST – Melinda Gloss
11:00 CET / 5:00am EST – Lanvin
12:00 CET / 6:00am EST – agnes b.
16:00 CET / 10:00am EST – Paul Smith
18:00 CET / 12:00pm EST – Thom Browne
20:00 CET / 2:00pm EST – Saint Laurent

Rookie question here. I really liked some of the Pennfield jackets and such, but I'm in America. Is there an analagous store here with similar products/style?

lenovox1

Rookie question here. I really liked some of the Pennfield jackets and such, but I'm in America. Is there an analagous store here with similar products/style?

It looks like they ship to the states. There's a little flag in the upper right that allows you to change your location. Or you can just go to pennfield.com/us

Baconbitz

Banned
A while ago I asked about switching pants because I was looking for a baggy pair of pants. Someone suggested Levis but didn't suggest what type of Levis. I'm looking for a normal baggy length going down the legs with the crease when you get to the shoe. After looking over there site I'm looking at going with the 569™ Loose Straight Jeans. Does fashion gaf think thats the best fit for what I described?

A while ago I asked about switching pants because I was looking for a baggy pair of pants. Someone suggested Levis but didn't suggest what type of Levis. I'm looking for a normal baggy length going down the legs with the crease when you get to the shoe. After looking over there site I'm looking at going with the 569™ Loose Straight Jeans. Does fashion gaf think thats the best fit for what I described?

I was looking for jeans that had loose legs - I went with the 569s.

They are the only ones that fit my waist and dont choke my legs. With jeans its either waist fits/legs too tight or waist is floppy/legs fit fine.

Went with the 569s because they are somewhere in between the two.

I still don't really like the fit all that much, thinking of just wearing khakis 24/7... :/

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
That's something which is entirely subjective, though. "Proper" is not necessarily trend or tradition, it's simply what we each deem to be the best realization of how we wish to look.

It might not be to my particular taste, but if he wants baggy jeans, then those are going to meet the expectation and would, in fact, be properly fitted for his style.

[legit edit] Today I bought grey suede Clarks for $20, orange jeans, and a bright purple sweater. Now when will my Asos order get here? ;__;

[legit edit] Today I bought grey suede Clarks for $20, orange jeans, and a bright purple sweater. Now when will my Asos order get here? ;__;
Damn, nice haul. You still shopping at those Cap Hill thrift shops? I still haven't checked those out yet. I need to more than ever now that I'm broke.

Re Leather bomber jackets,

That's good to know, especially as I'll be purchasing one shortly (a dark brown one. Looks beautiful).
Good choice, brown is the most versatile color of leather, particularly dark brown. Any idea on the type of leather? Or is that not listed? Not super important, just curious since I'm a fashion nerd.

mooooose

i'm looking for a black t-shirt with 96% cotton 4% spandex, and a good thickness

ive got an old shirt from the gap thats like 6 years old that is beat but its super thick and stretchy and tight all at the same time and i love it. if i could id wear it every day and i need more and similar. there must be bros out there like me.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Good choice, brown is the most versatile color of leather, particularly dark brown. Any idea on the type of leather? Or is that not listed? Not super important, just curious since I'm a fashion nerd.

It doesn't say unfortunately. (Feels very smooth and soft/supple. 100% leather btw. And it's expensive :)

Blackhead

Redarse
I was looking around for a nice looking backpack. Something to carry around my laptop, camera and other items. Something I could also take for light hiking. I found this, which I think is beautiful. The great thing about it is that it is modular. So I can mix and match pieces for it and customize it whenever I want. It's waterproof too, which is a great added bonus for when I want to go hiking etc.

R6 Arkiv Field Pack by Mission Workshop.

It is on the pricey side tho =/ Will range anywhere from $350 to $600 depending on the pieces you get.
If I needed a bag that ever required some camping, hiking, etc I'm al over this. So, so good.

So did you guys get it? If yes, how are you liking it? I'm also looking at bagjack and acrnm (messenger bags that convert) but they are more expensive...

Kraftwerk

So did you guys get it? If yes, how are you liking it? I'm also looking at bagjack and acrnm (messenger bags that convert) but they are more expensive...

I went the the store in my town that carries Mission Workshop. They did not have it, but the owner had one for himself. He has the black version. I played around with it and I am set on getting it. I will be making the purchase around march-april. Again, the waxed canvas for me.

-----

Manshion, thoughts on these boots?

I will be purchasing a pair of boots next month. Are these hard to pull off? I mainly wear jeans, chinos and simple plain shirts. Very minimalist wardrobe.

Asking since I showed this to a few people and they were saying it's for old dudes in suits.... :|

NBpjK.png

W6O4C.jpg

EVOL 100%

Huh? I can't imagine anybody older than 40 wearing those shoes and that's pushing it.

I don't think they'd work well with t-shirts and jeans though.

Personally I don't like how they look, they look like they're in the bad limbo between casual and dressy and just end up being ugly. I'd get a pair with a singular tone.

lenovox1

i'm looking for a black t-shirt with 96% cotton 4% spandex, and a good thickness

ive got an old shirt from the gap thats like 6 years old that is beat but its super thick and stretchy and tight all at the same time and i love it. if i could id wear it every day and i need more and similar. there must be bros out there like me.

Looking around just a little, and I see that might Polo Ralph Lauren be for you. Or maybe you'll like Diesel Men's Randall tee better.

Calvin Klein and Emporio Armani have affordable options close to your specs, but I'm guessing their as thin as their normal tees based off some reviews I've read online.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Two questions today.

1. How do you tie/knot a scarf to look good under a peacoat? I bought one and have never worn a scarf.

2. My parents got me an Iowa State polo for Xmas and I'm not sure what to wear it with. It's the one at the link below, a grey polo with the ISU logo. I tried it with khaki pants and black shoes today and it just looked off. I'm debating returning it for another color. Any suggestions?

http://www.isubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1031413&num=0&start=1&end=10&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=Polo,#.UO13zSd9J8E

Fritz

Two questions today.

1. How do you tie/knot a scarf to look good under a peacoat? I bought one and have never worn a scarf.

2. My parents got me an Iowa State polo for Xmas and I'm not sure what to wear it with. It's the one at the link below, a grey polo with the ISU logo. I tried it with khaki pants and black shoes today and it just looked off. I'm debating returning it for another color. Any suggestions?

http://www.isubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1031413&num=0&start=1&end=10&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=Polo,#.UO13zSd9J8E

1. I think most "knots" look dorkish. Especially this is the worst offense:
burberry-kaschmir-schal.jpg

Nonetheless so many guys do it. Really meh, Imho of course.

Just sling it loosely around your neck.

2. 100% Polyester? Return and never look back.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
1. I think most "knots" look dorkish. Just sling it loosely around your neck. Especiall this is the worst offense:
burberry-kaschmir-schal.jpg

Nonetheless so many guys do it. Really meh, Imho of course.

2. 100% Polyester? Return and never look back.

I just wanted the base "knot" that people use when they tuck the scarf into the jacket.

On the shirt, it's the "athletic" feel (stretchy material/polyester) yeah, but it's not too bad. My thought is that the bookstore has more basic ISU polos though.

The colors are just such that I couldn't figure out what to wear it with.

Fritz

Gotcha, figured as much. I always see the guys with peacoats and the common knot with the scarf tucked in and wondered if that was a thing.

I think you might be looking for this:
schal_binden_1.jpg

It's really just a knot not much dirfferent than when you tie your laces. Kinda old fashioned!

Going to go shopping this weekend for some khakis and polo shirts. Maybe a sweater or two.

For a kinda casual outfit for school I was thinking khakis, untucked polo and some sort of shoes that aren't sneakers. Any good? Any suggestions? Need to tuck the shirt in?

Old Navy has some good prices on Khakis and polo shirts, gonna look there first.

I like a few of the boots posted on the last few pages, will probably be getting a pair of some kind soon too.

I posted a few pages ago asking about some Sperry shoes for dress casual work, looking at this pair now:

eykJq.jpg

Similar shape to what I wear to work now but these are suede and look a bit more comfortable. Any good?

Shiv47

Two questions today.

I'd only wear that kind of thing on a golf course, when you might wish to look vaguely stylish but still allow for things like school logos and whatnot you wouldn't wear anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom