• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the low level quality of the photo

J. Lindeberg sweater
Dolce & Gabbana Shirt
Zara Blazer (spontaneous purchase)
Tiebar pocket square

SjX8.jpeg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Asos order came. The tees are good, but none of the button-ups fit at all. They're clearly cut for the 6'2 Euro model body type, of which I am most definitely not. I mean, the neck and center of the shirts would be fine, but the shoulders are incredibly small and narrow, the sleeves are a few inches too long and virtually impossible to roll up due to how tight they are, and the body length is excessive too. Disappointing. Seems I'm never going to find interesting patterned shirts that can fit a little dude like me, and am perpetually stuck with bland plaids.

kaskade

I kind of want to buy my own sewing machine for doing some basic tailoring to my clothes. I'm kind of sick of having to have pants constantly hemmed. I just bought a pair from Uniqlo. The smallest length was a 32 which was longer than any other 32 I've tried on.

Whoa, nice. Post pics when you get them.

Ask and ye shall receive.

8365951001_e2662fd39f_z.jpg

I tried to blur out my face and ended up decapitating myself. Also, I look really fat in this picture, which is weird, since if anything, I'm too skinny.

Anyways, just incase anyone cares:

Shoes: Neil Barret
Jeans: Edwin 'Abyss'
Shirt: Velvet Men

And of course the cardigan is Ann Demaslihgtslkhasr

Ah I'm looking forward to seeing what you put together. What kind of features are you looking to put together?

If I can find another pair of these N&Fs I'll go ahead and mess around with them.
Mostly just a bunch of how-to's based off what me and the guy I'm working with own. We have a pretty decent wardrobe between the two of us so it should be enough to have some good versatility between posts.

It's going to be more of a style portfolio type site and less of a product recommendation one, but there will be a little of that in there as well. Needless to say, I'll have a bunch of pictures to start posting pretty soon here.

When I was at my tailor's today, I found out that my right leg is a few centimeters longer than my left? How common is this?
That's pretty common I think. I know having one foot larger than the other is extremely common, can't imagine legs would be that much different.

Pardon the low level quality of the photo

J. Lindeberg sweater
Dolce & Gabbana Shirt
Zara Blazer (spontaneous purchase)
Tiebar pocket square

http://i.imm.io/SjX8.jpeg[/*IMG][/QUOTE]
Looking good, man. I dig that color combination.

[quote="Cosmic Bus, post: 46265972"]Asos order came. The tees are good, but none of the button-ups fit at all. They're clearly cut for the 6'2 Euro model body type, of which I am most definitely not. I mean, the neck and center of the shirts would be fine, but the shoulders are incredibly small and narrow, the sleeves are a few inches too long and virtually impossible to roll up due to how tight they are, and the body length is excessive too. Disappointing. Seems I'm never going to find interesting patterned shirts that can fit a little dude like me, and am perpetually stuck with bland plaids.[/QUOTE]
What were the patterns on those again? If they're large enough to fit me I might be willing to take them off your hands. I'm looking for some differently patterned shirts anyway.

[quote="Illithid Dude, post: 46267097"]Ask and ye shall receive.

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8365951001_e2662fd39f_z.jpg[/*IMG]

I tried to blur out my face and ended up decapitating myself. Also, I look really fat in this picture, which is weird, since if anything, I'm too skinny.

And of course the cardigan is Ann Demaslihgtslkhasr[/QUOTE]
Wait thats a cardigan? The picture makes it look like a hoodie. Regardless, it's awesome. I used to be lukewarm on the whole gradient designs but now I really dig them. Don't think it's something that would mesh with my wardrobe but it looks great on you.

mooooose

Ask and ye shall receive.

8365951001_e2662fd39f_z.jpg

And of course the cardigan is Ann Demaslihgtslkhasr

lower half is nice, good fit on the jeans, upper half is boring

Hi everyone, I was interested in your opinions about the burgundy sweater below. I'm not in love with it, but I'm attracted to the pattern, mainly because it shares some slight similarities with the sweater from TSB. I'm not confident in my style yet, so I shamelessly try to copy others styles.

Topman Burgundy Square Pattern sweater. Do you guys think it can serve as a good "basic sweater" for my wardrobe, flexible, can be worn with almost anything? Or do you guys think I should keep looking. What's nice about the TSB sweater is it has a dark blue collar and, not sure what you call them, cuffs. I prefer the contrast in colors, but I can't find that sweater or something similar anywhere. Any recommendations?

http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...yId=207478&pageSize=200&refinements=category~[365168|207520]&noOfRefinements=1

Here's the sweater from TSB.
05-copy-580x871.jpg

http://tsbmen.com/6815/1-piece3-ways-knit-crewneck-sweater/2/

What is the quick and dirty on where the bottom of the jeans should hit?

Right now I normally wear a pair of levis with low top chucks. The cuff when I'm standing covers the top of the shoe, you see no ankle.

When I sit the jeans hike up a bit, they lift up and my ankles are visible.

Does that sound too short? I'd post a pic but don't have a full body mirror right now.

I was trying on jeans the other day, asked the kohls girl how this pair I'm talking about looked. She said "looks like you are ready for the flood". I switched to 34/34 length, they touch the floor when I have no shoes on, they sit ok on my shoes when standing/sitting.

The downside is 34/32 in this fit (569) is ok 34/34 in this fit does this wierd baggy upper jean shit that I hate. Extra material that either gets pulled to the back or the sides and just looks shitty. I'd wear a slimmer fit but my thighs don't fit. Squats fuckin me all up.

TL:DR just looking for an idea how the bottom of jeans should hit the shoe sitting/standing.

Also, if my ankles do show... bare ankles or socks covering them up?

They should extend a little past the top of your shoe (half break).

PS. Don't take advice from people at Kohls.

Yea I hear ya, going shopping with a friend and his lady this weekend should get some better opinions on things.

So ankles showing when I sit isn't the end of the world?

bob page

Yea I hear ya, going shopping with a friend and his lady this weekend should get some better opinions on things.

So ankles showing when I sit isn't the end of the world?
Nope, for normal jeans, that sounds pretty typical. If you're not stacking or cuffing, I wouldn't worry about it.

A photo would help though.

kaskade

Just wanted to say that I got the Warby Parker try at home and they do seem like nice glasses. I think I narrowed it down to a pair but I'm going to get another set because I'm not 100% sure. I'll definitely be buying a pair from them though.

Alucrid

Banned
Same though I'd love to have a machine that could chainstitch for my jeans. We have a regular one at home but is rarely used.

meh, chainstitching is nice but hardly necessary. basically if i'm not buying them from a place that'll do it for free it's not worth the extra cost and hassle to get it done.

meh, chainstitching is nice but hardly necessary. basically if i'm not buying them from a place that'll do it for free it's not worth the extra cost and hassle to get it done.

It's more like the chainstitch on my APCs have come loose on both my Rescues and NS and I always forget to swing by Selfedge after work to have it fixed.

I don't need it, but since these are already stitched, I just want them fixed up. Then again, it's not like the hemming is coming apart.

Technosteve, if you're wondering who makes those jeans the tags look like they might be Unbranded. I know Naked & Famous made a pair in those color (Vintage Blue or Vintage Wash I believe), but I'm not sure if it's still in circulation. You might try looking it up.

i figured i'd share this with ya'll since this might literally be my favorite fit i've seen
That outfit is super badass. Love the jacket.

Technosteve, if you're wondering who makes those jeans the tags look like they might be Unbranded. I know Naked & Famous made a pair in those color (Vintage Blue or Vintage Wash I believe), but I'm not sure if it's still in circulation. You might try looking it up.

Looks like Unbranded but what's that white thing on the pocket?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For some reason long baggy shirts with tighter pants looks weird to me.

Case in point, the jeans I finally found that fit me are Levi's tapered fit. They are wider up top but narrow leg so I always feel I have to wear tighter shirts with them. If I wear anything longer or baggy it looks odd.

Am I crazy? I actually bought another pair of jeans to have a bigger leg so I could wear some of my looser shirts.

Legitimately thought those first ones were women's jeans. They just look way too tight in the thighs to me, but to each his own. I think the second ones look better.

Also lol at these being called "Slim Fit Pant." They look like parachutes next to those Ksubis.

7-27-12-1202_large.jpg

Legitimately thought those first ones were women's jeans. They just look way too tight in the thighs to me, but to each his own. I think the second ones look better.

Also lol at these being called "Slim Fit Pant." They look like parachutes next to those Ksubis.

7-27-12-1202_large.jpg

If those are slim fit then what are the ksubi's? Skin fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom