• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoetic

Banned
Don't mean i can rock his clothes! But i doubt the fashion-standard by "normal" people will have changed by then. It'll just be the same ol' jeans, tshirt and blazer bullshit.

I need help!

I need new sneakers (something good for walking long distances and biking, as opposed to something stylish for the office), but I don't even have a clue as to what "adult" sneakers would even look like.

I saw the airmax on the last page and those are great, but not really my style.

I previously had these saucony shoes:
41fav8WtX7L._SX100_.jpg

...and they were "good enough" for sure, but I wonder if I should change it up.

Anyone have recommendations? If it helps, 90% of the time it'll be with darker jeans.

I need help!

I need new sneakers (something good for walking long distances and biking, as opposed to something stylish for the office), but I don't even have a clue as to what "adult" sneakers would even look like.

I saw the airmax on the last page and those are great, but not really my style.

I previously had these saucony shoes:
41fav8WtX7L._SX100_.jpg

...and they were "good enough" for sure, but I wonder if I should change it up.

Anyone have recommendations? If it helps, 90% of the time it'll be with darker jeans.

I'm not an expert, but I have these http://www.shop.puma.com/El-Ace-Lea....html&cgid=23110#!i=7&color=02&sz=30&start=90

Kraftwerk

Need some thoughts and suggestions on a purchase;

Any of you carry a duffel bag around? Looking for a duffel bag. Definitely leather. Something minimalist and classy. Budget : $200 - $400

Basically I'm looking for one to carry a few small items; book or two, extra shirt during summer, notebook, etc..

I was going to get the backpack I posted a few pages back, but my shoulder is still hurting after an accident I had a while back. Anything with a strap on my shoulder puts strain on it.

p.s thoughts on duffels bags for men?

God those photos cacophony posted have got to be some of the best/most ridiculous runway photos I've ever seen. I'm in tears.

The "please kill me" tops it off. A+.

tumblr_mehl92yfrS1qzajfuo1_500.jpg

I think this guy put on these pants and never got to take them off cuz he's in them every outfit.

tumblr_mghz180tts1qh9n5lo1_500.jpg

On a personal interest note what iteration of the Wayfarer is this?

0110-tmz-lindsay-lohan-canyons-2.jpg

DatDude

Banned
Manshion GAF I have another question.

How do you purchases those slick looking clothes on a budget? Honest, I have maybe like 2 pairs of "good" jeans, and just switch them back and forth throughout the week. My shirts are just your plain white-ts, or a black t, or some other plain color.

I want to look boss like these folks, but I'm a college student who is truly on a limited budget. Any suggestions on how to make this possible, or am I basically SOL?

How do you purchases those slick looking clothes on a budget? Honest, I have maybe like 2 pairs of "good" jeans, and just switch them back and forth throughout the week. My shirts are just your plain white-ts, or a black t, or some other plain color.

I want to look boss like these folks, but I'm a college student who is truly on a limited budget. Any suggestions on how to make this possible, or am I basically SOL?

Thrift stores, always checking online sites for deals (there are a ton of these sites), in store sales, and saving up. Also, 2nd hand sellers on forums.

I think this guy put on these pants and never got to take them off cuz he's in them every outfit.

On a personal interest note what iteration of the Wayfarer is this?

[/IMG]
I know dude. He probably put them on and was like "...fuck." At least we've found ourselves a model for the GAF skeletal fit jeans brand.

As for the wayfarers, they're probably the the Ray-Ban New Wayfarers, don't you think? For what it's worth, one of my all time favorite wayfarer renditions were the Mosley Tribes Lyndel models. Those are so slick.

Honestly, chances are the clothes you're referring to just fit really well. That's the most important thing and often what makes the clothing look so good or "slick." You can definitely find great fitting clothes for cheap. Hell, I got my brother some jeans from H&M for $20 that fit him just as well as some of my Naked & Famous pairs. It's all about knowing what fits and what doesn't.

With that said, know when sales are hitting, find some good second-hand stores, don't be afraid to buy off ebay, etc. Oh yeah and Uniqlo.

DatDude

Banned
Honestly, chances are the clothes you're referring to just fit really well. That's the most important thing and often what makes the clothing look so good or "slick." You can definitely find great fitting clothes for cheap. Hell, I got my brother some jeans from H&M for $20 that fit him just as well as some of my Naked & Famous pairs. It's all about knowing what fits and what doesn't.

With that said, know when sales are hitting, find some good second-hand stores, don't be afraid to buy off ebay, etc. Oh yeah and Uniqlo.

Once again thank you for the tips. I'll definitely check those outlets out.

Btw, Midnights, who is that guy in your avatar?

Once again thank you for the tips. I'll definitely check those outlets out.

Btw, Midnights, who is that guy in your avatar?

Just a picture of a guy I found online and I saw in him all the things I could never be. Guy just has it all going for him physically. I'll try to find out who it is.

As for the wayfarers, they're probably the the Ray-Ban New Wayfarers, don't you think? For what it's worth, one of my all time favorite wayfarer renditions were the Mosley Tribes Lyndel models. Those are so slick.

Well I thought so too but they seem so much more rectangular and have a lot more vertical length in the lenses. The closest I could find was the 55m version here

http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-55mm-New-Wayfarer-Sunglasses-in-Black/193966

I think those are the ones when I look at them on the models faces, sweet price too. I paid 150 for my classic wayfarers.

Yeah you may be right. Then again, Lindsay may just have a super small or large face so who really knows.

I plan on getting some classic wayfarers come summer. The only sunglasses I have are in green and tortoise. I need some classic black.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't have any epicurean knits as posted above so I have to wear this.

LL

also mids i don't think the pic of the shitty h&m sneakers is a dude.

Kraftwerk

Need some thoughts and suggestions on a purchase;

Any of you carry a duffel bag around? Looking for a duffel bag. Definitely leather. Something minimalist and classy. Budget : $200 - $400

Basically I'm looking for one to carry a few small items; book or two, extra shirt during summer, notebook, etc..

I was going to get the backpack I posted a few pages back, but my shoulder is still hurting after an accident I had a while back. Anything with a strap on my shoulder puts strain on it.

p.s thoughts on duffels bags for men?

Anyone?

Alucrid

Banned
Coming from Samurai, will I be disappointed with Apc quality? I'm broke and only getting broker.

I like them, I mean you're paying a hundred and a half, so it won't feel like hand made japanese raw selvage hand crafted hand dyed cut with a samurai sword denim, but I really like the cuts and how they wear.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
whoops i posted this in the shoe thread before:

fashion gaf. help me.

is your hip the thickest point on the body, where the buttocks is thickest. halfwayish between where you wear your belt and your crotch

or is it where you wear your belt? (where you feel the bone)

and is it in the same place for body measurements for both men and women?

Alucrid

Banned
using an arbitrary point like where you wear your belt is useless.

the hip should be where the hip bones are. you'll want to use the widest point as where you measure. basically when you wear pants, if you like where they sit, measure at that point.

your true waist is usually an inch or two your belly button

Antagon

Coming from Samurai, will I be disappointed with Apc quality? I'm broke and only getting broker.

Have you checked unbranded? If you want raw selvage on a budget that's supposed to be great value.

Otherwise naked & famous is a good choice as well and probably easier to get nice deals on.

Kraftwerk

Thoughts on this bag? I commute with a bike during summer, so I was looking around for a bag that looks good, but has tons of support so that it doesn't put too much strain on my shoulder.

Brooks Islington Leather Rucksack - Asphalt / Black

I'm still seeking recommendations for a leather duffel bag from you guys tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom