• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidion

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Levi's 514s are some wicked jeans. Just got a pair in Tumbled Rigid that are gonna be fantastic once they're lived in. Snuggest pair of jeans I've had, but it's a great fit.

So stoked for these shoes to arrive Monday,

Got them almost $40 off during their sale earlier this week.

Well shit, those are damn nice...

zero_suit

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Levi's 514s are some wicked jeans. Just got a pair in Tumbled Rigid that are gonna be fantastic once they're lived in. Snuggest pair of jeans I've had, but it's a great fit.

So stoked for these shoes to arrive Monday,

Got them almost $40 off during their sale earlier this week.

Those shoes are NICE.

bob page

Speaking of shoes, I have these for sale (they're much too big for me, gf got them for me in Germany). I got tons of compliments on them the few times that I wore them out (not to mention they look sick with denim). She paid 110euro for them and you can't get them in the US:

Marc O'Polo - Size 45 / US 11, asking $60

bob page

RapidCancel said:
Ended up buying a Pea coat from H&M when I was in Philly for a wedding and I'm wondering...what do I wear under this?
Pretty much any t-shirt, v-neck, or button-down shirt. I think it looks best when worn with a shirt & tie, though.

Alucrid

Banned
Desi said:
doesn't matter as long as you get that tiger/digi camo print under. I would go dark gray simply because H&M has light gray varsities.

I want more Rachel Comey's. those leopard ones and the black leather with the blue sole.

Gah. Medium grey looks too dark though, and the last thing I need is a dark (black) jacket.

Does the H&M one look anything like this?

Well, what I wore a few days ago when the weather was a lot cooler

1dsaEl.jpg

Got to get the sweater tailored though

Alucrid

Banned
latinlikeaviolin said:
Well, what I wore a few days ago when the weather was a lot cooler

http://i.imgur.com/1dsaEl.jpg[IMG]

Got to get the sweater tailored though[/QUOTE]

I always wear my scarves in the "IT'S FUCKING FREEZING" style. :P

bob page

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Ordered them just 5 days ago, rather quick for free shipping.
Nice, you're in MI, right? I wonder how long it'll take to get to NYC. I haven't received shipping confirmation for some shoes I ordered from them on the 6th, though.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
If I gave GAF a picture of me, could you guys give me some ideas for additions to my wardrobe? I've only just recently started branching out, and I'd like to hear what people think would look good on me.

Kinitari said:
If I gave GAF a picture of me, could you guys give me some ideas for additions to my wardrobe? I've only just recently started branching out, and I'd like to hear what people think would look good on me.
It shall be done.

Eric WK

I'm looking for an all black sneaker or shoe for as cheap as possible - almost a stop gap solution to help complete some outfits until I have the money to buy something nice. Anybody have any recommendations?

Right now I'm looking at these: http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-Thunder-Red-Carpet-Series-in-TUF-Black-Satin/116300

_dementia said:

Well he mentions how much of a discount he got, but not a price. I was able to click through to the site, though, so thanks!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
RJNavarrete said:
Whatever lil wayne wears.

Jk!

What type of stuff do you like? Subdued colors or neons? Tees or button ups? Fitted vs baggy jeans?

I hate you.

And generally speaking, I like subdued colours (grey, brown and black are my breads and butter) - but I need to add colour into my wardrobe apparently, I just don't know what colours and how. Button ups all the way, and fitted jeans.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Eric WK said:
I'm looking for an all black sneaker or shoe for as cheap as possible - almost a stop gap solution to help complete some outfits until I have the money to buy something nice. Anybody have any recommendations?

Right now I'm looking at these: http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-Thunder-Red-Carpet-Series-in-TUF-Black-Satin/116300
Those look like a good deal for the price. Reminds me of a poor man's CP. I hear the quality on Supras is shit, but like you said, it's a stopgap.

mr stroke said:
anyone tried these jeans?

Gap Selvage Jeans

I like the look but never owned Gap jeans before and no Gap stores around me that sell them. Worth the $90 online?

The jeans I wore in the picture I posted a few posts up are Gap selvedge jeans. They're pretty good, but they fit a bit loose. I have the skinny and I sized down 1" and they're still loose in the waist. More of a slim-straight in my opinion. I'm not sure if they are worth the $90, considering I got them for like $30.

Eric WK

Dr. Strangelove said:
Those look like a good deal for the price. Reminds me of a poor man's CP. I hear the quality on Supras is shit, but like you said, it's a stopgap.

Ended up going with Generic Surplus plimsols from Amazon, actually. $26 plus Prime so what the hay.

fat pat

mr stroke said:

Gap Selvage Jeans

I like the look but never owned Gap jeans before and no Gap stores around me that sell them. Worth the $90 online?

Worth 90? not at all, not when you can get naked and famous for 140. Worth 45 or 50 on sale at gap? absolutely.

These were my go to jean for a while, and acted as a stepping stone to real denim. The denim is pretty good, albeit thin, but theyre pretty well constructed for a 90 dollar jean. The new ones hold their color fairly well, so if youre after big and high contrast fades, they arent what youre looking for.

Theyre slighty vanity sized. I had the slims and sized down a size and a half. They stretch out over a week or 2.

Alucrid

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Oh thanks, Chelsea boots is something I can work with.

How's GAF's opinion about boots that go a bit into the cowboy style?

Um. How far into cowboy territory are we talking about? I mean, I like work boots and what not, they're fine, but unless you're on a ranch in Texas cowboy boots will probably make you look strange. I mean, sure, some guys can probably pull them off everywhere, but the question is, are you that some guy?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
bjscott05 said:
What do you guys think about these for casual wear w jeans?

http://www.zappos.com/sperry-top-sider-seamate-chukka-dusty-gray

i actually have the leather brown chukkas, and they're very posh. i like them much better than the ones you linked, which i also tried on. they seemed more versatile.

yN841.jpg

that said, the ones you posted would also be a nice addition to many wardrobes. just depends on personal need. i've been exceedingly pleased with every pair of shoes by sperry i've bought, so as far as the build of the shoe goes, i think they're a safe, good bet.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
beelzebozo said:
i actually have the leather brown chukkas, and they're very posh. i like them much better than the ones you linked, which i also tried on. they seemed more versatile.

yN841.jpg

that said, the ones you posted would also be a nice addition to many wardrobes. just depends on personal need. i've been exceedingly pleased with every pair of shoes by sperry i've bought, so as far as the build of the shoe goes, i think they're a safe, good bet.

Do you have a link to these?

Enron

Banned
mr stroke said:

Gap Selvage Jeans

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.d...&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=gap+selvage+denim

http://i.imgur.com/oe2WI.jpg

Wait for a 30% coupon.

I tried a pair of these last year and if you are a shorter guy like I am, do not get these. The back pockets are enoooooooooooormously long and hang waaaay down. And if you are short, you will look ridiculous in these.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
mr stroke said:

Gap Selvage Jeans

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.d...&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=gap+selvage+denim

oe2WI.jpg

I have these in the Skinny cut and they've served me well. If you are looking for fades, they don't really fade much, although I've yet to wash them (~8 months), but got puke on them this weekend (long story, not mine), so I'll have to now.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a bowtie over the weekend as an experiment to see if I could pull it off. The findings? Chicks love bowties.

I believe this goes with Big Boi's philosophy: "And if you got a bow tie on, you gotta be a bad motherfucker to have a bow tie on."

bjscott05 said:
What do you guys think about these for casual wear w jeans?

http://www.zappos.com/sperry-top-sider-seamate-chukka-dusty-gray

I don't like the sole on those, personally.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hoping these chinos end up fitting as slim as the stock photo (if not moreso), but if not, I guess that's why Asos has free returns. Last time I bought "skinny" chinos from Urban Outfitters, they ended up being so loose and baggy on my child-size frame. :(

P6aTj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom