• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for anyone who wears these (superstar 2.0)

a1.jpg

Do you find they run narrower than other similar sized shoes? I fit fine in 11.5 chucks, store didn't have 11.5 in superstars so I tried 11. It fit but barely.

Going up half a size adds some width as well as length right?

Laekon

Thoughts on this bag? I commute with a bike during summer, so I was looking around for a bag that looks good, but has tons of support so that it doesn't put too much strain on my shoulder.

Brooks Islington Leather Rucksack - Asphalt / Black

I'm still seeking recommendations for a leather duffel bag from you guys tho.

If your riding a good distance or pace your back is going sweat badly under that bag. You are not going to find a cool hipster looking bag that functions well. Beyond that the Brook stuff is good quality though a little over priced (at least in the US).

Gruco

Banned
I've been striking out getting a pea coat and was getting tempted to get the one at Indochino...but then head a few horror stories about how Indochino sucks.

Anyone have any experience with their pea coat or have any other thoughts?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got a bunch of compliments on the H&M button up + dark jeans + Clarks combo last night. Now I just need to find a few more of those shirts. I can never seem to find button ups that are more casual that you wear untucked. I'll try H&M online.

Also, thinking of another pair of Clarks. I have beeswax, should I go grey?

mltplkxr

Thoughts on this bag? I commute with a bike during summer, so I was looking around for a bag that looks good, but has tons of support so that it doesn't put too much strain on my shoulder.

Brooks Islington Leather Rucksack - Asphalt / Black

I'm still seeking recommendations for a leather duffel bag from you guys tho.

They look GREAT but rain will ruin them and you'll sweat like a pig.

Got a bunch of compliments on the H&M button up + dark jeans + Clarks combo last night. Now I just need to find a few more of those shirts. I can never seem to find button ups that are more casual that you wear untucked. I'll try H&M online.

Also, thinking of another pair of Clarks. I have beeswax, should I go grey?

I get a lot at Banana Republic.

Jake.

Coming from Samurai, will I be disappointed with Apc quality?

yes - for their retail price, they're garbage (especially since their quality has declined dramatically over the last 5 years). if you can't afford sams, buy used or just get a slightly cheaper jp label like sugar cane. momotaro are my personal favourite, but are only fractionally cheaper than most samurai models.

Jake.

What about Dior?

dior MIJ are still okay if you want 'high fashion' tightish jeans. i wouldn't wear them, but if i dressed in that aesthetic they would be fine. if i did, i would probably just get acne hex or max instead of dior though (personal preference).

Alucrid

Banned
yes - for their retail price, they're garbage (especially since their quality has declined dramatically over the last 5 years). if you can't afford sams, buy used or just get a slightly cheaper jp label like sugar cane. momotaro are my personal favourite, but are only fractionally cheaper than most samurai models.

Eh. I have a pair from three years ago that have held up fine. I like the cut a lot more than any Samurai jeans I've tried on.

Then again I've stopped caring about the whole Japanese denim thing.

I am in search for black trench coats/overcoats but I am having next to no luck in finding anything of decent quality Price somewhere between £50-150 if possible...I have no knowledge which is the best to look for at that price range. Can any fellow gaffer help please? :)

I am in search for black trench coats/overcoats but I am having next to no luck in finding anything of decent quality Price somewhere between £50-150 if possible...I have no knowledge which is the best to look for at that price range. Can any fellow gaffer help please? :)

Uniqlo has pretty good ones in the price range.

Jake.

Eh. I have a pair from three years ago that have held up fine. I like the cut a lot more than any Samurai jeans I've tried on.

Then again I've stopped caring about the whole Japanese denim thing.

yeah, but from what i've seen you wear rick, ann etc so of course you would prefer apc's approach and cut. even if you don't like the cuts that most jp denim labels produce (which are mostly repro's of repro's anyway), they are still miles ahead of everyone else on the planet re: craftmanship and quality control when it comes to denim. i wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of guidi boots yet i can acknowledge they are still on some next level shit in terms of 'quality'.

Alucrid

Banned
yeah, but from what i've seen you wear rick, ann etc so of course you would prefer apc's approach and cut. even if you don't like the cuts that most jp denim labels produce (which are mostly repro's of repro's anyway), they are still miles ahead of everyone else on the planet re: craftmanship and quality control when it comes to denim. i wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of guidi boots yet i can acknowledge they are still on some next level shit in terms of 'quality'.

well sure, but calling apcs 'garbage' is hyperbolic.

the tears from factory children in macau make my apcs oh so softtt

Disclaimer: I am ignorant of the workers and working conditions of the factories that APC uses.
I prefer the tears of american children

Have any of you bros been following the stuff from Pitti?

I found this post pretty funny.

http://putthison.com/post/40191275899/nine-sprezzy-styles-predicted-by-our-experts-put

Pea coking all over the place.
I blame the sartorialist.

so fashion week is happening, will have to start collecting images for my Fashion Week OT.

Hayvic

Hi fashion gaf. I bought these on a whim because they were 50% off.

Can I wear these with regular jeans? And should I tuck the jeans inside the boot or not? And is it okay to wear a black leather jacket on top since the boots are brownish?

SeanR1221

So I need some help.

As I continue to build strength, I'm growing in size. I used to wear a medium but now I feel like a medium is a little too clingy and looks like I'm trying too hard. So I tried on some large shirts, and snapped a picture of one. Top is medium and bottom is large for comparison. What do you guys think?

Question for anyone who wears these (superstar 2.0)

a1.jpg

Do you find they run narrower than other similar sized shoes? I fit fine in 11.5 chucks, store didn't have 11.5 in superstars so I tried 11. It fit but barely.

Going up half a size adds some width as well as length right?

I have these and they do fit really weird. One size smaller than what I have is too small, and the one I have fits right but my heel still slips around while walking. They're just odd fitting shoes overall.

Is Navy + jeans too much blue? I could see wearing these when I do grey pants + navy shirt for work, but with jeans... hmmm.
Yes it would be too much blue. The only way the navy suede are going to be worth your time is if you have enough options to wear them with. This means different colored pants/jeans. Grey and brown would be ideal.

If you don't then don't bother. You could look into some grey or black Clark's if you're looking for different colors. That or get a different shade/material in brown.

So I need some help.

As I continue to build strength, I'm growing in size. I used to wear a medium but now I feel like a medium is a little too clingy and looks like I'm trying too hard. So I tried on some large shirts, and snapped a picture of one. Top is medium and bottom is large for comparison. What do you guys think?
Large for sure, but like Rookje said, maybe go back to Medium after you cut?

Zekes!

y

but you must provide a link — I can't find them on openingceremony.us

They're in the women's section, and the only size they have left (last I checked) was a 40, and that's my size (7 mens US)

I think I'm gonna pass on them 'cause apparently they're a dark blue opposed to black, which is what they look like in OC's photos.

Fortunately I now know Opening Ceremony makes the M1 boot in Unisex/Women's sizes so I can find a size that fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom