• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

$40 Nordstrom leather gloves, cashmere lined: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/john-w-...lcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Brown&resultback=0

_5500567.jpg
_5500568.jpg

I don't typically like hooded leather jackets but that actually looks pretty good.

You know, a lot of those things in the fashion week thread would probably fit extremely well in your dungeon, Mac. Particularly the Aitor Throup stuff.
Hah, probably helps that its a 2k calfskin jacket*. Re fashion week, still waiting for Paris and NY to finish before I begin to fill my list heh. Aitor's stuff is cool, and it's nice to see a fully fledged thing after following him for half a decade, but I can only assume the distribution will be super limited and $$$$$$$

*no I did not pay this much.

How are Akribos watches? JackThreads has a nice black one for $120, normally $645. They actually have a handful of them up in all colors.

This one:
I have one. The quality seems ok, but it's a typical fashion watch that lists its prices as way above what they actually sell for. Probably not a very nice movement, but it is automatic so that's something. It's pretty thick though and they're all a bit tacky I think

it's not worth $120 though. I got mine for $40

Antagon

He bought some jeans for others as well, only keeps one for himself. Sick deal though, just those jeans normally go for 220 a piece.

Zilch

Banned
Finally unbanned and it feels so good.

I've been telling myself that I can't buy clothes until I get a new job but I caved a few times recently:

ik0meZwjSAfwq.jpg

Shipley & Halmos polo

i6NphdISGQ2Pe.jpg

YSL scarf, cheap on Gilt

+ a seemingly unused pair of Allen Edmonds, $30 at a second hand shop in Wburg. (not sure exactly which model they are, plain toe oxford with an upper designed like the Leeds but I don't think that's what they are)

Also got a pair of wine-colored Uniqlo chinos... nothing to brag about but what a great color (and fit).

speaking of YSL/SLP, from what I gather on the internet Hedi Slimane hates people who are interesting in buying, or even looking at, his clothing. His time away seems to jammed a stick up his or whoever is running the PR, anus

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
speaking of YSL/SLP, from what I gather on the internet Hedi Slimane hates people who are interesting in buying, or even looking at, his clothing. His time away seems to jammed a stick up his or whoever is running the PR, anus

Some of the buyers/journalist were mad that he let his friends sit in the front. Of course fashion show seating is always drama and people thinking they deserve to sit next to Anna Wintour. I personally blame LA, it ruins everyone.

He also sent out this:
“The House is referred to as ‘Yves Saint Laurent.’ The ready-to-wear collection by Hedi Slimane is correctly referred to as ‘Saint Laurent’. (‘Saint Laurent Paris’ is used in the logo but not when spoken/written about the collection). Collection credits, should you photograph any items, is [sic] correctly written ‘Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane.’”
Classic.

Alucrid

Banned
SLP doesn't even look that good to be honest. I'll give it another chance after he has time to put out a real collection and show it on the runway.

fat pat

After tax, 278 or so on a boot that's listed at 380. They normally list the regular round toes at 330. I think I overheard people talking about phone orders. May be worth calling in about if anyone's interested

SLP doesn't even look that good to be honest. I'll give it another chance after he has time to put out a real collection and show it on the runway.

Except for the SS collection has a pair of the most baller hightops I have seen in a very long time, a pair of hightops that I am about to buy...

Laekon

Not really fashion but you can get 30% off Patagonia until the 22nd using DEEPSNOW. Doesn't work on shoes, wetsuits, or anything labeled new.

Alucrid

Banned
Except for the SS collection has a pair of the most baller hightops I have seen in a very long time, a pair of hightops that I am about to buy...

Nah, those would be those balenciaga highs I wanted.

Just bought a silent short sleeve t for 60 for a fuller ensemble. I hope it's not too too long.

Not really fashion but you can get 30% off Patagonia until the 22nd using DEEPSNOW. Doesn't work on shoes, wetsuits, or anything labeled new.
Might look into this, I need some cold wear shit
Nah, those would be those balenciaga highs I wanted.

Just bought a silent short sleeve t for 60 for a fuller ensemble. I hope it's not too too long.
Just cut it short. Raw hems are hot right now

Gonna hit up a surplus store to add some military inspired looks. Definitely trying to find a nice fitting commando sweater, and maybe a tac vest. Any pieces you guys have had goodluck with that I should look out for?

Almost looks like there's a plug-in of sorts in the back. Gotta charge those shoes up for rocket boost capabilities.

thoughts on this?

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5438/420x560.jpg

[IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9242/backdf.png[/QUOTE]
Don't like this at all. The two-tone seems random and unnecessary. The colors are hard to pull off in separate pieces let alone the same article, so I think you'd have an extremely difficult time wearing it with anything that looks good. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom