• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdobson

Anyone know where I could pick up this polo shirt?

MeekMill2011.jpg
Please?

Yeah it looks pretty consistent with Gucci's design style. Probably priced around $285-$350 so hopefully you're in love with it if you plan on picking it up.

Zekes!

Dammit, I've been wanting a vest like this. It's out of stock (discontinued?) everywhere and the Scifen site -- where's it's half price! -- only has large and up. Eff the world.

I know! I tried it on at the shop and then decided to check if it was cheaper online anywhere and saw the same thing, so I decided to just grab it from the shop. I think I'm gonna wear it tomorrow

EVOL 100%

Guys, I'm in the market for a dark gray coat/jacket and these are the two candidates I ended up with.

kDnA7mI.png
LUHdbhj.png

Both are the same price range, just need opinions on which looks better. Thanks.

^ no idea personally, some members will chime in soon...

on a manshion note, finding a peak midnight blue tux appears to be impossible... and no i'm not buying the $7k brioni on mrporter before you bring it up* :p

*unless it goes on a 80% off sale.

Fritz

How good are the clothes from the ASOS brand???? i'm talking about the quality of it.

I have a shirt and a t-shirt. The fabric's quality is ok, similar to H&M I'd say. The seams and cuts are pretty bad on these two items I must say though. But I mean they are pretty cheap so you get what you pay for.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
EVOL: 2nd coat is far better.

How good are the clothes from the ASOS brand???? i'm talking about the quality of it.

Quality is okay on the things I have. As was said, it's around H&M level, so don't expect "investment" pieces. Also, you need to be 6'3" and 110lb for most of their stuff to fit well. Cuts on the shirts are very long and extremely slim.

Alucrid

Banned
EVOL: 2nd coat is far better.

Quality is okay on the things I have. As was said, it's around H&M level, so don't expect "investment" pieces. Also, you need to be 6'3" and 110lb for most of their stuff to fit well. Cuts on the shirts are very long and extremely slim.

I'm only 5'7'' and they fit normally enough. That said fabric isn't that great and I don't find myself wearing the few scoop necks I have all that often after handling better t shirts. But they're $10 so what can you expect.

dzswH70l.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'm only 5'7'' and they fit normally enough. That said fabric isn't that great and I don't find myself wearing the few scoop necks I have all that often after handling better t shirts. But they're $10 so what can you expect.

yeah, idk. I'm content enough with the Asos-branded tees because I like the colors/patterns/etc, even though they're longer than most brands I've tried -- XS goes down completely over my butt. I've long since accepted that no shirt in existence is going to fit me right, so I just live with it.

The button-ups they sent me a couple weeks ago were cut in such an absurd fashion, like... it was difficult to comprehend how any healthy person could fit into them.

Asos pants, on the other hand, suffer from the opposite problem. I bought a pair of slim fit 28x30 chinos and they fit like a pair of sagging '90s carpenter jeans.

Zekes!

yeah, idk. I'm content enough with the Asos-branded tees because I like the colors/patterns/etc, even though they're longer than most brands I've tried -- XS goes down completely over my butt. I've long since accepted that no shirt in existence is going to fit me right, so I just live with it.

The button-ups they sent me a couple weeks ago were cut in such an absurd fashion, like... it was difficult to comprehend how any healthy person could fit into them.

Asos pants, on the other hand, suffer from the opposite problem. I bought a pair of slim fit 28x30 chinos and they fit like a pair of sagging '90s carpenter jeans.

How tall are you CB? I'm 5'9 and always have issue finding XS/S tees that aren't too short.

Agreed on the fitment, doesn't seem to be problem for me either at the same height. The products all list what sort of fit they are too, as well as the size the model is wearing (does it give their height?).

coldvein

Banned
i made a huge mistake last night. wore my favoritest pair of jeans to work. they're just levi's 511s, i know, i know, but they're like my favorite jeans.

end of the night it was dark and i kneeled down to open the back door of the (food) truck, not realizing that one of the grease traps from the grill had been taken out, not emptied, and was on the floor. I PUT MY WHOLE KNEE RIGHT IN IT. :((((

i made a huge mistake last night. wore my favoritest pair of jeans to work. they're just levi's 511s, i know, i know, but they're like my favorite jeans.

end of the night it was dark and i kneeled down to open the back door of the (food) truck, not realizing that one of the grease traps from the grill had been taken out, not emptied, and was on the floor. I PUT MY WHOLE KNEE RIGHT IN IT. :((((

Grease fades bro

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I bought my first pair of Chukkas yesterday, though they're being shipped to me and won't arrive for a few more days (store didn't have my size in the colour I wanted...)

C3vygN6.jpg

Are there any rules about boots/Chukkas that I should be aware of?

Mr. F

Banned
Guys, I'm in the market for a dark gray coat/jacket and these are the two candidates I ended up with.

http://i.imgur.com/kDnA7mI.png[/IG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LUHdbhj.png[/IG]

Both are the same price range, just need opinions on which looks better. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Really digging that second coat. Where from, if I may ask?

Fritz

What would you recommend as a summer coat? Something light and waterproof that'd look good with button ups and jeans.

Don't know if thats even remotely what you're looking for but I love my Fjällräven Greenland Parka. It' absolutely timeless and super sturdy.

81427-620.pimg

image1l.jpg

on a manshion note, finding a peak midnight blue tux appears to be impossible... and no i'm not buying the $7k brioni on mrporter before you bring it up* :p

*unless it goes on a 80% off sale.
I would kill for a blue tuxedo, preferably shawl collar. In fact, the Salvatore Ferragamo tux that Ryan Gosling wore during his Drive premier pretty much tops my list of dream-purchases. Lord knows how much that would cost if I could ever track it down.

This one:

ryan-gosling-drive-premiere-cannes-05202011-lead.jpg

As gross as this sounds, after you wash them they might make for some interesting fades. And if they don't they'll be just like they were. Win/Win.

I bought my first pair of Chukkas yesterday, though they're being shipped to me and won't arrive for a few more days (store didn't have my size in the colour I wanted...)

http://i.imgur.com/C3vygN6.jpg

Are there any rules about boots/Chukkas that I should be aware of?
Be prepared to wear them with everything. No seriously, you'll want to.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Be prepared to wear them with everything. No seriously, you'll want to.

Hah! That's exactly why I bought them. I've got other shoes, but nothing that I've felt is versatile enough to wear on a regular basis. I'm hoping these will do the trick (and hold up in damp weather a little better than my suede shoes and runners.)

kaskade

Some of those ties look pretty nice. Uniqlo is one of my favorite store for relatively inexpensive stuff with decent quality. Everything I have from them has held up well so far. I can't really see spending too much on some of the funky colored ties as I wouldn't wear them often so that a nice price.

Lirlond

Don't know if thats even remotely what you're looking for but I love my Fjällräven Greenland Parka. It' absolutely timeless and super sturdy.

81427-620.pimg

image1l.jpg

Looks kinda bulky, it gets really humid when it rains in the summer here, would I not be sweating my ass off in this thing lol.

friday

I went to Century 21 for the first time today. The selection was much better than I anticipated. Lots of good brands and some really killer deals, especially on suits. I found lots of great items but I only purchased a button up Penguin shirt. They had just about anything you would need. There was a nice pair of Ben Sherman gloves for half off, but being that I am currently broke I held off.

This is the shirt:

1EMW0012-022.jpg

I really dig it. I love plaid but have way too many check and plaid pattern shirts at this point. It's nice to break away from that.

What would you guys suggest for canvas pants that are <$100? I would love a pair but I can't seem to find much. I would really like something grey or dark green and fit wise I like a slim tapered look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom