• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What say you almighty Gaf?

11f454bf5002535b0fa23ee5f43b6afa_best.jpg

Diesel Wittory pea coat

The quality might be a little eh, but I like the little details. Any suggestions for a slim fitting pea coat with epaulettes?

I'm not a big fan of the zipper in the chest, but despite that, the coat looks really nice.

A peacoat always has to look elegant, which means if it's too flamboyant/has logos, etc. it ends looking more like something that an anime character would wear, which is... bad.

giga

Just tuck it if you're apprehensive. The way to tell if it's too long is to see how much of your butt it covers. Shirts that go over half my butt get tucked.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just tuck it if you're apprehensive. The way to tell if it's too long is to see how much of your butt it covers. Shirts that go over half my butt get tucked.

I can't do the tucked into jeans thing, it just doesn't work for me. I'm just wondering if I should keep wearing this one.

That's a girl.

Oh.. well, who can tell anymore these days?

This is the first sign of 'I'm getting too old for this.' Perhaps not fashion in itself, just anything too "urban."

I can't do the tucked into jeans thing, it just doesn't work for me. I'm just wondering if I should keep wearing this one.

It looks fine, from the photo. As long as it's not so baggy that you have tons of grab in the front or back or any floating.

waypoetic

Banned
Oh.. well, who can tell anymore these days?

This is the first sign of 'I'm getting too old for this.' Perhaps not fashion in itself, just anything too "urban."

If i met a girl who wore that type of jacket/hoodie... I'd fucking melt.

and i would kidnap her and throw money at her and tell her to be mine. just like a dubai prince

So many great outfits on this page. Well done to all of you. I wish I had a full length mirror to contribute.

been loving the shit outta my Infrareds
You and I both, those are awesome. Love the Naked&Famous camos too. Sweet combo.

That's a girl. But to answer your question : i have no idea. There are quite a few brands that do the avantgarde/gothninja-look, so by just looking at a hood i couldn't tell ya.

EDIT: Today's outfit
59c02a8c60f411e28cc022000a9f308d_7.jpg
Never in a million years could I wear something like this but this picture makes me wish I could. Also your room is pretty dope.

Is this shirt a bit too long/baggy for the tighter jeans? The image doesn't really show it at a good angle, but I feel the shirt is a bit too baggy/long.
I think I've said this before but honestly dude, your pictures now compared to a few months ago are seriously night and day. Ditching the polos was one of the best decisions you've ever made, those shirts look a million times better on you. Great combo.

I don't think the shirt looks too baggy but maybe it's just the picture.

velociraptor

Lol I have so many jeans that don't fit me. I'm supposed to be 32" waist, but my weight fluctuates a lot apparently. It seems like I'm back to 30" waist again. I would actually prefer if jeans were released in 31" - so it's not too tight, but not too big ¬_¬.

Alucrid

Banned
i gotta say, i think the uniqlo jeans i just got are probably my favorite. perfect fit, pretty nice color, the black is sulfur dyed, can't really complain for fifty bucks.

Really want to find some Zanerobe board shorts for this summer but can't find anything good. The fact that they are based in Australia doesn't help either. Anyone got tips where the bracelets might come from on this model?

189-SOS2003_1.jpg

Zekes!

For whoever was asking for a vintage denim style, here's a new denim option from Naked & Famous called the "Royalcast." I think they look pretty slick.

Yeah these are pretty similar to my Vintage Blue N&F's. I like the Royalcast a lot more and will no doubt end up with a pair...

I just got a pair of Indigo Skinny Guys from work, fuck. And the indigo Soft Raws I picked up in the fall. Too much blue denim.

Zekes!

picked up a couple things today:

From Club Monaco I got a chambray button up, and a green cord blazer that was on sale.

I also picked up a vest by Scifen from a local joint:

I don't know if it's because the small is slightly shorter and more fitted, or if it's 'cause I was just wearing a white v-neck, but it looks a hell of a lot better on me than the dude in the photo.

Requiem

Being a bigger fellow (6' 3", 300 lbs) it's hard to do any online shopping because of how certain brands run small (or large for that matter). I've used JackThreads and half of the order didn't fit even though the sizing chart said it should. I kind of take it as motivation to lose weight so I can fit into those clothes.

Any fashionable sites out there for the big & tall (besides big&tall lol)?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Rocked the outfit I showed from last weekend (H&M shirt, etc) today on one of my first dates in years. Went extremely well. Even got the hair under control.

Manshion gaf rocks.

Rocked the outfit I showed from last weekend (H&M shirt, etc) today on one of my first dates in years. Went extremely well. Even got the hair under control.

Manshion gaf rocks.
That's awesome, man. You've definitely come a long way from when you were posting wrinkled polos and chinos.

Glad to hear the date went well, now you'll have even more motivation to buy clothes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom