• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mgxzmuelgH1rs7spfo1_400.jpg

Ugh, I want a light grey peacoat. I'll probably end up buying one next year.

I'd also like some snow to wear it in. Everything looks good in snow, in pictures at least.

Fritz

Looks kinda bulky, it gets really humid when it rains in the summer here, would I not be sweating my ass off in this thing lol.

The fabric is really thin but yeah, it doesn't breath very well so it's definitely not for humidity. But then I cant think of a jacket that is waterproof and comfortable to wear in humid weather. And it is also bulky.

Do you have an idea what the coat should look like? Might be easier to make suggestions if you narrow it down a bit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I am not a fan of peacoats, although there was a guy outside Nordstrom this afternoon wearing an olive green one that looked wonderful. He was, of course, extremely attractive himself, so that may have tainted my opinion... but still! The color was quite striking.

I feel like olive green outwear almost always looks striking. An olive green leather jacket is on my list of things I'll own at some point in my life.

Last time I was in New York I saw a guy rocking the hell out of one and I've wanted one ever since. An olive green peacoat sounds totally badass though.

I feel like olive green outwear almost always looks striking. An olive green leather jacket is on my list of things I'll own at some point in my life.

Last time I was in New York I saw a guy rocking the hell out of one and I've wanted one ever since. An olive green peacoat sounds totally badass though.

Olive green is something I could never pull off. Or any green. My main staples are gray, black, white, red, and blue. When it comes to shoes change red to dark red and blue to navy.

Zekes!

I love olive green outerwear too, but olive green (maybe even camo) pants has become a staple for me. It's why I ended up buying this tan Wings & Horns parka:

Green can be daunting, there's no doubt. I think it looks best in moderation, generally with black and/or grey. Depending on the shade it looks great with blue as well.

Also please tell me you have brown shoes/boots, right Midnights? If not, you know what your next purchase should be.

I love olive green outerwear too, but olive green (maybe even camo) pants has become a staple for me. It's why I ended up buying this tan Wings & Horns parka:
Yeah green pants are wonderful. I actually think they may be easier to pull off than outerwear for some guys. Nice parka btw.

I need to post my Baldwin camo pants. I don't think I ever posted pictures of those and they are badass. Coldvein knows.

Zekes!

Green can be daunting, there's no doubt. I think it looks best in moderation, generally with black and/or grey. Depending on the shade it looks great with blue as well.

Also please tell me you have brown shoes/boots, right Midnights? If not, you know what your next purchase should be.

Yeah green pants are wonderful. I actually think they may be easier to pull off than outerwear for some guys. Nice parka btw.

I need to post my Baldwin camo pants. I don't think I ever posted pictures of those and they are badass. Coldvein knows.

Give me all of the pics. Love camo

Zilch

Banned
Hey guys I have a fashion-related problem: I taught my friend everything he knows about fashion and now he's copping floral print BDs and getting his picture taken at art galleries and dating successful women. I made him what he is, how can I break him??? Thanks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hey guys I have a fashion-related problem: I taught my friend everything he knows about fashion and now he's copping floral print BDs and getting his picture taken at art galleries and dating successful women. I made him what he is, how can I break him??? Thanks.

Get him a plywood helmet. See: Fashion Week thread.

If anyone knows what that coat or those shoes are in the grey peacoat kid pic let me know. :)

sfedai0

Banned

So the student has become the master. Time to take him down.

caesar

Banned

Obi-wan him.

friday

Anyone have experience with Filson shirts? I have $65 worth of credit with them right now so I want to grab one. Has anyone tried on either their Tin cloth shirt or Alaskan guide shirt? I really like the Mt. Baker overshirt but honestly I dont need another plaid shirt. It does look amazing though.

12005-main-602.jpg

12006-main-602.jpg

10294-main-600.jpg

Bonus Alaskan Guide blue/black that I think looks quite unique.

12006-main-400.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
From the original place it was posted:

1.PEACOAT, TOPMAN
2.TIE, RALPH LAUREN
3.PANTS, ZARA
4.SHOES, RIVER ISLAND

Ah, thanks. Didn't see any link or anything on Midnights' post.

EDIT: Now to find which Topman it is, and which River Island's they are. I love how that outfit fits together with jeans.
EDIT 2: Macuser banned?

bob page

EDIT: Now to find which Topman it is, and which River Island's they are. I love how that outfit fits together with jeans.

Topman outwear quality is shit, so look out. It's the same as H&M but way more expensive (low wool / high poly blend).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Topman outwear quality is shit, so look out. It's the same as H&M but way more expensive (low wool / high poly blend).

Hmm, noted. I just like how that coat looks. I want my peacoat to fit a bit more like that. Also like the gray. Any suggestions on where to get one like that in grey for a decent price?

giga

Pro tip: go to your local tj maxx or marshall's if you need quality ties at bargain prices. Sometimes their selection will be absolute shit and you'll have to come back in a week or two when they get a new shipment, but they usually have a decent selection of brand name times for cheap. Michael Kors, Tommy, etc. Look for 100% silk (or close to) ones.

bob page

Pro tip: go to your local tj maxx or marshall's if you need quality ties at bargain prices. Sometimes their selection will be absolute shit and you'll have to come back in a week or two when they get a new shipment, but they usually have a decent selection of brand name times for cheap. Michael Kors, Tommy, etc. Look for 100% silk (or close to) ones.

Most of them are fatties, though. I've had better luck with Nordstrom Rack & Century 21 on cheap ties (especially the latter).

friday

Warning on those Zara pants, if you dont weigh under 140 pounds then they wont fit well. I hate that stores mens clothing. Also, im not fat, just sorta regular thin.

Mr. F

Banned
It's from a small Korean site. As far as I know, they don't ship internationally. Sorry man.

Damn, ah well thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know where I can find something like this for a decent price? A long/grey/affordable coat is my white whale this winter;

(quoted for the new page)

In other news, finally found a pair of boots at the right price - got a pair of Jack&Jones JJ Saveks. Loving them so far, super comfortable.

Ice 9

Banned
Saw this combo of Jeremy Scott x Adidas the other day on the Toronto streetz.

adidas-originals-by-jeremy-scott-obyo-js-firebird-track-suit-profile.jpg

Wish I had more money to blow on really out of there clothing, and less staples that work together. I've seen this on women's fashion blogs with patterned trousers and blazers covered floral or similar patterns. Looks cool.

Jeremy Scott x Adidas shoes are the worst though.

Alucrid

Banned
Saw this combo of Jeremy Scott x Adidas the other day on the Toronto streetz.

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/927032/adidas-originals-by-jeremy-scott-obyo-js-firebird-track-suit-profile.jpg[img]

Wish I had more money to blow on really out of there clothing, and less staples that work together. I've seen this on women's fashion blogs with patterned trousers and blazers covered floral or similar patterns. Looks cool.

[spoiler]Jeremy Scott x Adidas shoes are the worst though.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

you should buy nice patterns then

[img]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/653720/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

Yeah, now I have no one to discuss how awesome dries is. :(

Naylien

Neo Member
H&M's pretty fancy. They have good prices for the most part.
Topman is great too, but I've never purchased anything from there b/c I can't afford it.

I appreciate that both stores sell small sizes.

475129829407485347_1DmYfmrJ_c.jpg

however this will be my first purchase from Topman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom