• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naylien

Neo Member
I guess I used "fancy" in the wrong way then because yeah, the quality isn't great.

But the fact they offer XS outweighs that. It's hard to come across XS.

To their credit, I own a couple H&M hoodies and they've been just fine. Nothing amazing, but they haven't crapped out on me yet.

I think that's my biggest complaint about H&M is that their quality seems inconsistent. I have chinos that were trash after their first wash, yet my brother has some that have lasted him months. Seems like a total toss up and that's terrible when it comes to clothing.

friday

H&M stores are often such a mess and so crowded that I never want to buy anything.

I tried on a lot of pants at Uniqlo, Levis, and Gap today. Pretty much a wash across the board. I am getting really sick of looking for a nice pair of pants, ether they are too tight on the thighs or too loose and frumpy. I need more tapered cuts.

What do you guys love for reasonably priced non-denim pants? Bonus points for canvas.

Mr. F

Banned
To their credit, I own a couple H&M hoodies and they've been just fine. Nothing amazing, but they haven't crapped out on me yet.

I think that's my biggest complaint about H&M is that their quality seems inconsistent. I have chinos that were trash after their first wash, yet my brother has some that have lasted him months. Seems like a total toss up and that's terrible when it comes to clothing.

Definitely, it's a total crapshoot in terms of how durable what you're shopping for will end up being. With my luck of course it's always been the more expensive items that wear out before the cheap ones do. :/

Zekes!

H&M stores are often such a mess and so crowded that I never want to buy anything.

I tried on a lot of pants at Uniqlo, Levis, and Gap today. Pretty much a wash across the board. I am getting really sick of looking for a nice pair of pants, ether they are too tight on the thighs or too loose and frumpy. I need more tapered cuts.

What do you guys love for reasonably priced non-denim pants? Bonus points for canvas.

I have a pair of olive Dr. Denim Donk chinos and love them to death. Been trying to get another pair for a while now. They're about $100. Might be hard to find offline though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
475129829407485347_1DmYfmrJ_c.jpg

however this will be my first purchase from Topman.

Topman's underwear feels like it's made from recycled cardboard. Literally the worst pairs of briefs and trunks I've ever owned, and I've had a lot.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kenneth Cole Reaction is supposed to be a pretty shit brand, right? Too bad, because I saw these shoes today and they look doooope in person.

2132043-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Anyone have experience with Filson shirts? I have $65 worth of credit with them right now so I want to grab one. Has anyone tried on either their Tin cloth shirt or Alaskan guide shirt? I really like the Mt. Baker overshirt but honestly I dont need another plaid shirt. It does look amazing though.

12005-main-602.jpg

12006-main-602.jpg

10294-main-600.jpg

Bonus Alaskan Guide blue/black that I think looks quite unique.

12006-main-400.jpg

I only have a couple Filson bags, but if their shirts are the same quality, I'd imagine their great. I like buying their stuff because its Union-made in the USA as well.

Saw this combo of Jeremy Scott x Adidas the other day on the Toronto streetz.

adidas-originals-by-jeremy-scott-obyo-js-firebird-track-suit-profile.jpg

Wish I had more money to blow on really out of there clothing, and less staples that work together. I've seen this on women's fashion blogs with patterned trousers and blazers covered floral or similar patterns. Looks cool.

Jeremy Scott x Adidas shoes are the worst though.
saw these the other day:
FaMLh0Hl.jpg

Warning on those Zara pants, if you dont weigh under 140 pounds then they wont fit well. I hate that stores mens clothing. Also, im not fat, just sorta regular thin.
the last time I went there they didn't have a single pair of pants under 36 waist. so ridiculous

Okay, guys. I'm thinking about picking up a few scoop necks in anticipation of Spring/Summer. Anyone have any recommendations?

This will be totally new to me so I have no idea where to look. Would prefer the shirts still fit well. I don't want "scoop neck" to be an excuse for a poorly fitting shirt, if you catch my drift.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
9d2bbe14473411e2adac22000a1fbe03_7.jpg

this is me in the desert. my shoes are actually women's shoes from itally. but I don't care, the man makes the shoes, not the other way around.

Zekes!

Okay, guys. I'm thinking about picking up a few scoop necks in anticipation of Spring/Summer. Anyone have any recommendations?

This will be totally new to me so I have no idea where to look. Would prefer the shirts still fit well. I don't want "scoop neck" to be an excuse for a poorly fitting shirt, if you catch my drift.

Love me some scoop necks too and could use some suggestions

overcast

Where would I get a super sharp tux within a few months? It would have to be under 200 dollars, I'm 19 lol. Rental is fine, men's wearhouse kind of sucked when i went there once. Trying to go slim as possible, I'm 6'3, 180.

Help is always appreciated.

EVOL 100%

Change of plans got me to not buy the second coat I posted earlier and instead I got a much better coat from Rogatis. Angle is making my short legs look even shorter, woah. Also got a haircut although it doesn't really look that different than what I already had.

Ht2R6ot.jpg

I'm aware the shoes are... not good, but they were necessary because it's raining in the middle of fucking January today

this is me in the desert. my shoes are actually women's shoes from itally. but I don't care, the man makes the shoes, not the other way around.

Love the pics, love the outfit.

Asos makes scoop necks.
Thanks. I know Topman makes some as well which I'm considering trying since I'm just looking for something cheap.

Change of plans got me to not buy the second coat I posted earlier and instead I got a much better coat from Rogatis. Angle is making my short legs look even shorter, woah. Also got a haircut although it doesn't really look that different than what I already had.

http://i.imgur.com/Ht2R6ot.jpg

I'm aware the shoes are... not good, but they were necessary because it's raining in the middle of fucking January today
Looks nice. Seems to be a good fit in shoulders and a good length in the arms/body. Great color too. Nice choice.

Ice 9

Banned

True.

Didn't realize these were originally men's shoes. The woman makes the shoes, not the other way around.

UNIF-shoes-Hellraiser-(Black-Silver)-010604.jpg

coldvein

Banned

Ht2R6ot.jpg

are those sorels? if so, gangsta

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need some new shoes. What are your best shoes for dark jeans and plain t-shirts? Should I go with white high tops? I have Clarks for boots, and they work great, but I need a compliment to them that is more casual.

Basically to go with jeans this color. Also if I order these, what color shirts can I wear with it. Just greys, blacks, and white?

friday

um, the jeans I'm wearing up top are uniqlo and the fit is great

I liked the fit of the slim fit chinos, but the material was their new spring stuff. Really light weight and kinda stretchy. The vintage flat front chinos were a nicer heavier cotton but the fit was too loose. I am putting way to much thought into $40 pants. I really like the Naked and Famous Duck selvage, but I have never tried on a pair of weird guys so I dont know how they would look on me. Also...I am broke.

I'm aware the shoes are... not good, but they were necessary because it's raining in the middle of fucking January today.

Those shoes are like my Bean Boots, nothing wrong with that. Much better than some crappy rubber boots.

Alucrid

Banned
I liked the fit of the slim fit chinos, but the material was their new spring stuff. Really light weight and kinda stretchy. The vintage flat front chinos were a nicer heavier cotton but the fit was too loose. I am putting way to much thought into $40 pants. I really like the Naked and Famous Duck selvage, but I have never tried on a pair of weird guys so I dont know how they would look on me. Also...I am broke.

Those shoes are like my Bean Boots, nothing wrong with that. Much better than some crappy rubber boots.

Oh, I only own jeans / wool trousers from there. Had to get the trousers tapered though.

On another note I love being able to call up a store and have them hold an item for me before it hits the store.

Zekes!

I need some new shoes. What are your best shoes for dark jeans and plain t-shirts? Should I go with white high tops? I have Clarks for boots, and they work great, but I need a compliment to them that is more casual.

Basically to go with jeans this color. Also if I order these, what color shirts can I wear with it. Just greys, blacks, and white?

As it's been said almost anything goes with grey. I would avoid bright, saturated colours unless other pieces of your outfit can tie it in. Desaturated, muted colours would be easier to roll with

bowery

got a cool rag and bone shirt for pretty cheap which im happy about, really need a pair of dior jeans i think thatll be my next purchase when i can cough up 400

Fritz

Ht2R6ot.jpg

The coat is great actually. Looks fashionably oversized, good silhouette.

Laekon

I only have a couple Filson bags, but if their shirts are the same quality, I'd imagine their great. I like buying their stuff because its Union-made in the USA as well.
A lot of their shirts aren't made in the US. I went to a store in Ventura to look at their stuff and was disappointed the shirt I likes the most was made in China.

coldvein

Banned
Th...they're Crocs. I feel so ashamed of myself...

my pro fashion analysis is that that whole outfit is dope, footwear included. like laekon said, the jacket looks maybe a little bit "fashionably oversized" (?). the vibe that i get is that you look slick, but you're not some asshole standing in front of your mirror for ten hours before you left the house (no offense to some of you guys). the boots add to that vibe. 10/10 coolpoints on coldvein scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom