• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

For anyone who styles their hair, can anyone recommend any replacements for Garnier Fructis: Texture Paste "Surf Hair"?

img-thing

I've just learned it was discontinued and I'd like something similar. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

friday

A lot of their shirts aren't made in the US. I went to a store in Ventura to look at their stuff and was disappointed the shirt I likes the most was made in China.

Yeah I think mostly it's their bags and jackets that are made in the US. I dont really mind stuff being made in other countries, but with the prices they charge it can be hard to justify.

Antagon

For anyone who styles their hair, can anyone recommend any replacements for Garnier Fructis: Texture Paste "Surf Hair"?

img-thing

I've just learned it was discontinued and I'd like something similar. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Never used the stuff in your post, but if you want a matte effect, check out American crew fiber.

Bough this. People at blackbird are so friendly.
Blackbird is awesome. I know I've said this before, but I live literally 5 minutes from their flagship store (and only store i think?) and last time I was there I got free beer/cookies while I shopped. The sales girl was super cute too, which helped.

Aegus

I got offered a new job last week and a part of me is wanting to splurge on a Nanamica Field jacket/blazer as a reward for a successful interview. Super super expensive though. And I really don't think I can justify the cost at the moment.

So throw me some suggestions of something similar and of the same quality. Gore-tex, water and wind proof as well. I live in Scotland so kinda mandatory :p

EVOL 100%

The coat is great actually. Looks fashionably oversized, good silhouette.

my pro fashion analysis is that that whole outfit is dope, footwear included. like laekon said, the jacket looks maybe a little bit "fashionably oversized" (?). the vibe that i get is that you look slick, but you're not some asshole standing in front of your mirror for ten hours before you left the house (no offense to some of you guys). the boots add to that vibe. 10/10 coolpoints on coldvein scale

Looks nice. Seems to be a good fit in shoulders and a good length in the arms/body. Great color too. Nice choice.

Thanks guys, looks like it was a good purchase in the end. It's quite comfortable too, might end up getting a camel colored one too.
I need some new shoes. What are your best shoes for dark jeans and plain t-shirts? Should I go with white high tops? I have Clarks for boots, and they work great, but I need a compliment to them that is more casual.

Basically to go with jeans this color. Also if I order these, what color shirts can I wear with it. Just greys, blacks, and white?

It's been said already, but gray doesn't work with gray. Others should be fine as long as they're subdued colors.

I wasn't sure if there were any sneakerheads in this thread, but what would be a fair price on a pair of Bred Jordan IVs (I think they were re-released over thanksgiving 2012)?

I haven't bought a pair of Jordans since like 07, so I'm not sure what the market is for these. They were my favorite Jordans when I was a broke college student, and will be the last pair I buy.

bjscott05

I wasn't sure if there were any sneakerheads in this thread, but what would be a fair price on a pair of Bred Jordan IVs (I think they were re-released over thanksgiving 2012)?

I haven't bought a pair of Jordans since like 07, so I'm not sure what the market is for these. They were my favorite Jordans when I was a broke college student, and will be the last pair I buy.

I sold an extra pair I had on ebay for $194 plus $15 shipping. Size was 11.5. This was right around Christmas, so they might be cheaper now.

I kept a pair of size 11. MSRP was $160.

Hope that helps. Great shoe btw, hope you get a pair.

coldvein

Banned
hey fashion bros. i'm looking to buy a vest. like a basic down vest.

the thing is that i hate big puffy vests. i'm a skinny dude, a big puffy vest looks ridiculous. any recommendations for a "slim" ish not too puffy vest? id also like to avoid a big poppy bro collar on it if possible.

cheaper the better. if i can buy it online, cool, if i can buy it at a store somewhere in the seattle area even better. thanks!

Coldvein you might check out ZARA as well. They were making a lot of vests for awhile and from what I recall, they were less puffy and more quilted than the traditional down stuff.

Whether it's available or not anymore I have no idea.

Ice 9

Banned
50% of my wardrobe is probably from uniqlo and i aint even mad

Would be nice if I could access Uniqlo on the regular. Love stopping by when I'm down in New York. Nothing similar in Toronto beats Uniqlo by price vs quality.

That feel when you no longer have an A&F discount and you can't grab a denim shirt for 50% off.

Yeah the fit is insane and well worth it, but it was an extremely nerve-racking experience to say the least.

If you get that ASOS one it'd probably be wise to size down. Looks as if it's a regular fit. Didn't see measurements on the site either.

kaskade

Just got my set of Warby Parker home try on. I'm liking the Benson ones right now. The Winton's are nice too but I would rather have them as a second pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom