• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got paid and Im wanting to pick up a few cheap Ts as Im trying to move away from print stuff. Any thoughts on these? I seem to have developed some kind of pocket fetish..
image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

£28 worth of shirts there so im not expecting super quality but you guys seem to think asos brand is ok for cheap stuff.

All the grey and white trainers are infecting my mind, Im trying to stop myself running out and buying stuff like this:
tumblr_mehl92yfrS1qzajfuo1_500.jpg

Guess its a good thing I cant seem to find a hoody like that and my brown boots (as far as I know) wont go with black jeans so cant buy them without the trainers D:

Alucrid

Banned
All the grey and white trainers are infecting my mind, Im trying to stop myself running out and buying stuff like this:

Guess its a good thing I cant seem to find a hoody like that and my brown boots (as far as I know) wont go with black jeans so cant buy them without the trainers D:

You should cause those sneakers are absolute shit.

Guys what kind of shoes/boots are these? I need them so bad.

Boots that make you levitate?

lllllllttp.

You should cause those sneakers are absolute shit.

Im not really sure why I didnt think the H/M part of it wouldnt matter ...Fuck. Thanks for ruining everything Alucrid!

Well I haven't properly looked at trainers for a long time and they caught my eye but sod paying like £400 for ones like yours! My flights to South east asia for 3 months were about that price..

Alucrid

Banned
Im not really sure why I didnt think the H/M part of it wouldnt matter ...Fuck. Thanks for ruining everything Alucrid!

Well I haven't properly looked at trainers for a long time and they caught my eye but sod paying like £400 for ones like yours! My flights to South east asia for 3 months were about that price..

They're honestly not great. Plasticy looking, cheap construction, ugly shape, etc. A cheap cheap knockoff of one of the best high tops out there.

Damn..yall no help.

Jeeze.

http://www.guidomaggi.com/us/en/collection/boots-and-booties/roma-detail#.UQG5oid9GrR

Enjoy your guido boots. Took me like...five seconds to find.

They're honestly not great. Plasticy looking, cheap construction, ugly shape, etc. A cheap cheap knockoff of one of the best high tops out there.

Im kind of glad I posted as I nearly bought them yesterday for £80. For some reason the collab made me think they would be higher quality... well guess its back to Nikes or something.

I wish I could carry a camera around my campus and take some pics of the fashion decisions people make.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Shorts that are so long they aren't shorts anymore but pants missing ankles. Shoes that are about as ergonomic as a cinder block. A guy wearing a fedora with shorts and bare feet. All these moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Welll maybe for myself. They're supposed to start carrying menswear so I want to send a recon unit to scope it out.
Ah, I was gonna say, they only stock ladiez stuff... Thought you were gonna go ASAP rocky on us.

I can go in march... Hopefully they carry good footwear, the Seattle footwear retail scene is abysmal.

I wish I could carry a camera around my campus and take some pics of the fashion decisions people make.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Shorts that are so long they aren't shorts anymore but pants missing ankles. Shoes that are about as ergonomic as a cinder block. A guy wearing a fedora with shorts and bare feet. All these moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

I know those feels. It has gotten to the point where I went for a group interview this afternoon that my friend would also be attending and had to lend him some clothes and almost dress him to make him look like he was looking for work and not spare change. He'd forgotten how to tie a tie...

cacophony

i feel overdressed wearing a button-up & jeans to class

Zekes!

I'd say only about 10% of guys I see are dressed well. By well I mean wearing more than hoodies, poorly fitting levis, skate shoes. And yet the girls show me no love.

Probably 'cause you dress better than 'em.

Or at least that's what I tell myself to ease the pain

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'd say only about 10% of guys I see are dressed well. By well I mean wearing more than hoodies, poorly fitting levis, skate shoes. And yet the girls show me no love.

It's fucking cold out. I'm wearing my hoodie. You can enjoy your manshion.

Is it so hard to not care?

I would say it is too easy.

I like to "dress up" as most of my friends/peers like to tell me and yet they try and call me out for wearing a shirt to go to uni while they're wearing their usual sweats and T-shirt combination. I don't understand why people these days don't seem to want to make an effort with their appearance. I could understand if you were just gonna be lounging on the couch or around the house all day, only nipping out for some shopping or whatever but when it comes to being in at least a semi-professional environment, why can't you look like you're the part?

One guy in my class... oh this guy. We were asked to pair up and go out an interview some people outside of class for an exercise we would be doing the next week. I get teamed up with a guy who is the stereotype of "not quite as poor as he wants his friends to believe but still wants to be ghetto for street cred or whatever" and while we have a lot in common and get on great, we couldn't be further apart in terms of dress sense. The last time he saw a collar, it was on a pit bull for instance. We arrange some interviews and when the dude shows up, he's wearing a pair of joggers with burns in them from smoking hash and a jumper that looks like it's come straight from a dumpster. I still don't know what he was thinking but I certainly hope it wasn't "damn, my shit fly. I dope as hell". We managed to coast the interviews, with him behind both cameras and luckily managed to get some decent footage but it just made me think... These people intend to be "journalists". I guess it's gonna make it easier for me in the future but damn, people seemingly have either no care or no knowledge on what the hell they're doing with their wardrobes these days.

kaskade

I know exactly what you mean. Then again, I wonder if I intimidate a little bit. It's not even like I dress that crazy either. I'm pretty conservative on the fashion end. It's mostly basic well fitting pieces. I gotta admit though, walking into a room knowing you're the best dressed mofo in there feels pretty nice.

I know exactly what you mean. Then again, I wonder if I intimidate a little bit. It's not even like I dress that crazy either. I'm pretty conservative on the fashion end. It's mostly basic well fitting pieces. I gotta admit though, walking into a room knowing you're the best dressed mofo in there feels pretty nice.

I'm just not sure dressing well is something girls (or guys) care about. From what I can tell it's all about being macho, nice bod (big muscles), and shit like that. Caring about your clothes is gay as they would say.

lupin23rd

Any suggestions for brands that carry boots in smaller sizes?

Usual shoes size is a 6 US, and I'm currently living in Japan where you think it'd be easy to find something, but alas no luck so far.

I picked up some used Doc Marten boots that I really like the look of in my size, but it seems like other boots I've tried on they are slightly too big, and probably need to get an insole for them, at least for my slightly smaller left foot. Not sure these go down any lower, but if they do I guess it'd be a OK choice. Maybe I should look for some bigger sized youth ones? haha

I see Red Wing has some in sizes down to 4, but the model choice is severely limited - Engineer (which doesn't look too bad but probably overpriced here) or the Round Toe with the thicker crepe(?) outsole that looks OK but I'm not a huge fan of that outsole.

Any other brands I should be looking at?

Style-wise, I'm looking at something like the Red Wing Beckman or Iron Ranger in a brown shade, and preferably something that would go well with both jeans and a t-shirt, or slightly more dressed up (thinking cords and a winter jacket or sport coat).

Those elevator boots are awesome LOL but I'd be afraid all my pants would end up having been hemmed too high and look odd.

kaskade

I'm just not sure dressing well is something girls (or guys) care about. From what I can tell it's all about being macho, nice bod (big muscles), and shit like that. Caring about your clothes is gay as they would say.

Yeah, I can see what you mean there. I'm sure it's a bit of an age thing too. You can see in high school girls seem to like the whole swag thing now. College age they seem to kind of notice guys who dress well a bit more. But I think it's more older girls who would take notice to a guy dressing well.

But like anything there's subsets of people. A girl who takes notice of the way I dress I'd probably be more interested in dating. Some girl who likes guys with big muscles in a graphic t I really don't want to deal with.

I think there's definitely truth to a well dressed man being intimidating. In my experience it's only ever been a good thing though. May be harder to get that initial communication going but once you do it usually works in your favor.

As for what I wear to class, I routinely wear shirt/ties/blazers but ever since I got my leather baseball jacket I've been getting pretty lazy and just wearing that a lot. I've had guys come up to me in the past and tell me that I motivate them to dress better, which is pretty cool. Would prefer they were women but I'll still take the compliments lol.

one of you seattle people go check out Totokaelo for me
I'll do some recon work for you.

overcast

Hmm. All depends on the girl man. My girlfriend really likes the way I dress well. I mean, I'm not as stylish as you dudes, but it helps. Sure there are plenty girls that like it.

robox

i started dressing up when i wandered into this thread many months back and have just lurked since. seeing photos of stuff, and then paying more attention to classic looks made me more aware of fashion, style and image. my wardrobe has gone through a pretty substantial overhaul since then. my co-workers have taken notice over that time and have dubbed me "dapper." so... validation

actually, winter is the best for fashion, since you can play around with layers and accessories.
when it's summer, what can you do? put on a tshirt n' go. maybe a short sleeved button up.

Zekes!

Any suggestions for brands that carry boots in smaller sizes?

Usual shoes size is a 6 US, and I'm currently living in Japan where you think it'd be easy to find something, but alas no luck so far.

I picked up some used Doc Marten boots that I really like the look of in my size, but it seems like other boots I've tried on they are slightly too big, and probably need to get an insole for them, at least for my slightly smaller left foot. Not sure these go down any lower, but if they do I guess it'd be a OK choice. Maybe I should look for some bigger sized youth ones? haha

I see Red Wing has some in sizes down to 4, but the model choice is severely limited - Engineer (which doesn't look too bad but probably overpriced here) or the Round Toe with the thicker crepe(?) outsole that looks OK but I'm not a huge fan of that outsole.

Any other brands I should be looking at?

Style-wise, I'm looking at something like the Red Wing Beckman or Iron Ranger in a brown shade, and preferably something that would go well with both jeans and a t-shirt, or slightly more dressed up (thinking cords and a winter jacket or sport coat).

Those elevator boots are awesome LOL but I'd be afraid all my pants would end up having been hemmed too high and look odd.

Red Wing's fit big. I have a 7 Iron Ranger and fits more like a 7.5-8. I have a hard enough time finding shoes for a 7 US, I can't imagine your struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom