• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupin23rd

Red Wing's fit big. I have a 7 Iron Ranger and fits more like a 7.5-8. I have a hard enough time finding shoes for a 7 US, I can't imagine your struggle.

Yeah, I actually found a size 6 in the Beckman, and a size 6 in another Japanese brand that looked decent (Regal), but both were sized up a bit too big. At least the Red Wings that go smaller go down to a 4. I guess I'll have to ask some store to bring in a bunch of sizes to check out, as I expect most don't carry down that far.

i started dressing up when i wandered into this thread many months back and have just lurked since. seeing photos of stuff, and then paying more attention to classic looks made me more aware of fashion, style and image. my wardrobe has gone through a pretty substantial overhaul since then. my co-workers have taken notice over that time and have dubbed me "dapper." so... validation

actually, winter is the best for fashion, since you can play around with layers and accessories.
when it's summer, what can you do? put on a tshirt n' go. maybe a short sleeved button up.

Summer can be really challenging depending on your climate. I know that's my weakest fashion season by far.

Slimmer, higher cut shorts were in last year and I expect them to be in again this year. The nice thing about those were that you could essentially pair them with anything you'd pair your trousers with. I expect scoop necks to be really big this summer because they're essentially the new v-neck and in a lot of areas if you wear anything more than a t-shirt you'll get heatstroke.

If your temperature allows it, I think one of the best summer outfits is just a white button shirt (rolled up sleeves, 2 chest buttons undone), some colored chinos, good slip-on loafers or (GASP!) flip-flops, and a sweet watch and a killer pair of shades. Oh yeah, and a cigar. Preferably overlooking a beach somewhere. With a sunset. That's my idea of summer.

lupin23rd

Summer can be really challenging depending on your climate. I know that's my weakest fashion season by far.

Slimmer, higher cut shorts were in last year and I expect them to be in again this year. The nice thing about those were that you could essentially pair them with anything you'd pair your trousers with. I expect scoop necks to be really big this summer because they're essentially the new v-neck and in a lot of areas if you wear anything more than a t-shirt you'll get heatstroke.

If your temperature allows it, I think one of the best summer outfits is just a white button shirt (rolled up sleeves, 2 chest buttons undone), some colored chinos, good slip-on loafers or (GASP!) flip-flops, and a sweet watch and a killer pair of shades. Oh yeah, and a cigar. Preferably overlooking a beach somewhere. With a sunset. That's my idea of summer.

Sounds good, although I'll probably be somewhere where I could get away with a linen blazer overtop all that. Thinking of maybe having one made in a bright summer color, as opposed to wearing colored chinos. But that could be awful LOL

Could also be awesome.

It's definitely a high risk, high reward purchase cause one wrong move and you'll look like Harry & Lloyd from Dumber & Dumber. If you pull it off, you'll get everyone's attention.

I wish I could carry a camera around my campus and take some pics of the fashion decisions people make.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Shorts that are so long they aren't shorts anymore but pants missing ankles. Shoes that are about as ergonomic as a cinder block. A guy wearing a fedora with shorts and bare feet. All these moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

At my high school, I'd say a good 80% of the people dress better then average, with 50% being actually fashionable. I've actually considered going around taking pictures of everyone. Maybe I still will.

Zekes!

Yeah, I actually found a size 6 in the Beckman, and a size 6 in another Japanese brand that looked decent (Regal), but both were sized up a bit too big. At least the Red Wings that go smaller go down to a 4. I guess I'll have to ask some store to bring in a bunch of sizes to check out, as I expect most don't carry down that far.

What styles go down that small? I'm curious because I've looked before and on the Red Wing site everything I've looked at goes down to a 7.

lupin23rd

What styles go down that small? I'm curious because I've looked before and on the Red Wing site everything I've looked at goes down to a 7.

On the US site, Engineer and Round Toe go down to 4. There's a couple that go down to 6. I hate how some styles are sized by colors / widths.

Beckman is listed as going down to 6 on the Japanese site (and I tried them on in Tokyo), and a few more (maybe Pecos) go down that far as well.

Alucrid

Banned
I think there's definitely truth to a well dressed man being intimidating. In my experience it's only ever been a good thing though. May be harder to get that initial communication going but once you do it usually works in your favor.

As for what I wear to class, I routinely wear shirt/ties/blazers but ever since I got my leather baseball jacket I've been getting pretty lazy and just wearing that a lot. I've had guys come up to me in the past and tell me that I motivate them to dress better, which is pretty cool. Would prefer they were women but I'll still take the compliments lol.

I'll do some recon work for you.

Yess! Not sure if their store has the mens stuff in yet as it's not on their site.

Guys, don't be taking creep shots now. If you ask that's fine, but otherwise, yeaaah.

Also my ToJ shipped out today. Yes. YES.

Alucrid

Banned
Expensive zero return policy purchases are a drug. Better than heroin. Probably not cheaper, however.

edit: those kmart rafs are $860. lol i quit.

Only 815 at ssense!

31287M050006_3_1.jpg

I have these two in heather w/blue and brown w/red. They're great. Lots of compliments.

Link me up my good man! Im going to head to Tkmaxx to roll the dice tomorrow and see if I can find anything before I order them on sunday/monday.

Trying to resist spending a wedge of money on a new jacket,trainers and jumpers.
Probably a good thing Uniqlo is a hours drive away.

actually, winter is the best for fashion, since you can play around with layers and accessories.
when it's summer, what can you do? put on a tshirt n' go. maybe a short sleeved button up.

I cant stand short sleeve shirts, they remind me of old men for some reason. Perhaps im just used to people wearing ugly as shit ones.

Looking forward to dressing like a tramp when I got traveling round south east asia during rainy season can hit 40oc inland..

^This

Manshion thread has been way more helpful than anywhere else for getting me off print t shirts, skate shoes and such.

I don't know why people don't just make simple leather jackets anymore. I can't tell you how many I've seen that have been butchered by detailing.

Can't diss a Schott Perfecto though.

New_613_Schott_Perfecto.jpg

If the chest one was gone and the belt id like it atleast 50% more!

I cant deal with jeans without a zip, trying to undo that shit at 5am half out of it in some ravec and getting it done without looking like a moron is a mighty task! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom