• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the chest one was gone and the belt id like it atleast 50% more!

I cant deal with jeans without a zip, trying to undo that shit at 5am half out of it in some ravec and getting it done without looking like a moron is a mighty task! :/
That's not so bad compared to what you can do with a zip fly at 5AM and/or drunk.

Pocks

If the chest one was gone and the belt id like it atleast 50% more!

I cant deal with jeans without a zip, trying to undo that shit at 5am half out of it in some ravec and getting it done without looking like a moron is a mighty task! :/

I was the same way at first, but it's actually very easy to unbutton them all at once. It also takes me less than 5 seconds to button back up. Yes, I just timed it.
KuGsj.gif

Also, luckyboyceo has a great point.

Gaf, I would like style advice. I've been getting mixed opinions in the real life.

Should I shave my head?

Something like this:
david_beckham-shaved-head.jpg

This is me:
16e99ea4667c11e2aeda22000a1f973b_7.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I had been meaning to show y'all those camos I just never had a full length mirror to do so.

Gaf, I would like style advice. I've been getting mixed opinions in the real life.

Should I shave my head?
I wouldn't, but I'm a fan of longer hair. Btw you should check out the Men's Hair thread, there are some really good styles in there that you could probably pull off without shaving your head.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I had been meaning to show y'all those camos I just never had a full length mirror to do so.

I wouldn't, but I'm a fan of longer hair. Btw you should check out the Men's Hair thread, there are some really good styles in there that you could probably pull off without shaving your head.

Didn't know there was such a thread. Thanks brother, I'll check it out!

EVOL 100%

i can by posting this

[IMGs]http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2663&g2_serialNumber=2[/IMG]

also i was mainly speaking about the color of the zips and pulls

This is something straight out of Final Fantasy

WAYWT public restroom/Zeke's camo edition. Shout outs to our friend in the stall behind me.

Camo Pants: Baldwin Denim
Boots: Wolverine 1000 Mile
Shirt: J. Crew
Scarf: Hugo Boss

Liking this a lot. I'd never be able to pull it off though, sadly.

lupin23rd

Two quick questions:

1. Light summer-color crew neck sweater underneath a light summer blazer, yay or nay? Almost bought a couple Uniqlo cotton cashmere v-necks today before I saw the crew neck versions. I don't feel I get the shirt under a v-neck to work, and although I like the "nothing under" look, we'll just say I could be a stunt double for Tom Selleck in Magnum PI.

2. Matching a scarf with a plaid shirt. If I'm wearing a plaid flannel shirt under a solid winter coat (let's say peacoat), how should the scarf match up? I want to do a pattern since the coat is solid, but once the coat comes off you hit double-plaid and I hear that's a no-go. Or is this OK because you're likely immediately taking off the scarf too?

Aegus

So I went into one of the few decent clothes shops in my city.

I saw these

e8471284_common-project-achilles.jpeg

and then asked myself. "What would Alucrid likely do?"

Purchased.

Ended up buying a grey turtle neck today Im not really sure why. I tried it on for the hell of it and my gf liked it. For £7 I thought what the hell...
Got some black jeans, you can wear black jeans with brown boots right? I cant seem to get it to look right to me. Maybe its because Im so used to how my blue 511s fit and look or something? I cant seem to tuck stuff into my boots either without it looking like total ass either..

Ill try and put a pic up in the morning.

Hitting the bars tonight, this shirt/combo work? It's one of my Express work shirts but I think it dresses down.
The combo is fine, nothing flashy, but fine. I'd probably tuck the shirt in though.

The shirt looks a tad big to me though, particularly in the arms, and a little bit in the body. You might try on a size down next time you're at Express just to see whether or not it makes a difference. It could also just be how your standing, hard to tell.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The combo is fine, nothing flashy, but fine. I'd probably tuck the shirt in though.

The shirt looks a tad big to me though, particularly in the arms, and a little bit in the body. You might try on a size down next time you're at Express just to see whether or not it makes a difference. It could also just be how your standing, hard to tell.

It's their large, I guess it wouldn't hurt to size down as long as the arms stay long enough. I like the quality of their shirts though, even if I can only buy them when on sale. :p

Also I have a dark blue one if you guys think that'd be better than grey.

Edit: lmao. I can never tuck shirts into jeans. It just looks so odd to me. No one around here seems to do it either. It's in my head lol.

Zekes!

I can't tuck in shirts most of the time 'cause it's hard as hell to find shirts that are slim enough that they don't balloon on my skinny ass. I should get some customs some day

The problem is that dress shirts are traditionally cut long because they're designed to be tucked in. The more length to the shirt, the less chance it has of ballooning out like Zekes said. From what I remember, Express shirts are generally a little bit on the shorter side, so you might be safe, but I can't tell you how many bros I've seen standing outside of clubs with untucked dress shirts and cuff links that look like total idiots.

You should try it and see how it looks. Might take awhile to get used to but I think it'd look cleaner.

Yeah but when he leaves it untucked he's sending a message. Like, look at me world I'm leaving my shirt hanging out what are you gonna do about it. He's just being badass.
Nah he needs a tie to go along with it if he's going that route. Untucked shirt + poorly tied loose tie = the ultimate "look at me world I got style and ya'lls don't" move.

I can't tuck in shirts most of the time 'cause it's hard as hell to find shirts that are slim enough that they don't balloon on my skinny ass. I should get some customs some day

i have the same problem so pretty much always wear some sort of outerwear to cover it up a bit. thankfully it's cold enough here most the time for this to be practical

Mercurial

No tailors nearby? I get almost every shirt I buy tailored. Even $20 western shirts from thrift shops. It's only about $10 per shirt at the cheaper places. Totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom