• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was just browsing shoes on the Nordstrom site.

_7620827.jpg

I don't even... What?

these are golf shoes, right? Cleats on the bottom?

After getting SOAKED today I realize I need to blow some money on some decent rain gear. It rains here a lot and I have to walk 4 blocks minimum from where I park, more sometimes when I have to go on sites.

These purchases I actually want function over fashion but stuff that doesn't look like shit would be nice. I'm needing a waterproof jacket and some waterproof boots.

I was looking at these Patagonia Rain Shadows for a jacket. I know their stuff is well made and fits well and it could look worse I guess.

The boots I have no idea. Would like something rugged looking + waterproof. I'm doing some shopping on my own but would love to hear any suggestions from you beautiful mens.

...I carry an umbrella.

Like this one:
traveler_blue_main_27.jpg

Shoes? I just wear my Red Wings 875's normally when the weather sucks.

Yeah I have an umbrella but sometimes when it's raining really hard that's not enough.

I guess buy a better umbrella would be another suggestion.

I have two Davek umbrellas (the blue traveler and a red golf one) that I got of Gilt for a great price each. Also the warranty on the Davek is nice as they cover you if it's lost/stolen - just have to register the umbrella (comes with an ID card).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just went through all of Sherlock this last week. This is how I want to wear my scarf. How do I loop it like that? Also the long peacoat looks awesome on certain people.

b018ttws.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
After not jumping on a pair of beat mmm og highs I now have the urge to go out and drop a shit ton of money on those rafs.

fuck.

Desmond

This thread is phenomenal. :O. Also, I have a pair of fairly light grey trousers. What should they be paired with colour-wise? I'm guessing dark colours, navys and black sweaters? What about shoes.

someone here was saying marni knits are really nice, any specific recommendations? looking to get some knits for spring given it's basically an extended winter here

friday

After getting SOAKED today I realize I need to blow some money on some decent rain gear. It rains here a lot and I have to walk 4 blocks minimum from where I park, more sometimes when I have to go on sites.

These purchases I actually want function over fashion but stuff that doesn't look like shit would be nice. I'm needing a waterproof jacket and some waterproof boots.

I was looking at these Patagonia Rain Shadows for a jacket. I know their stuff is well made and fits well and it could look worse I guess.

The boots I have no idea. Would like something rugged looking + waterproof. I'm doing some shopping on my own but would love to hear any suggestions from you beautiful mens.

I really dig my Patagonia jacket. I have the Super Cell Jacket. The gore tex jackets are always going to be the best thing for true water proof protection, but it can be expensive. I got the black one and I think it is very stylish. The fit is good and it has enough room to wear layers underneath. With some warm layers I was able to survive single digit temps while skiing this past weekend. Stayed quite warm. The jacket itself is not really warm, but it keeps the cold wind and rain out. I usually wear a wool shirt jacket under it for warmth.

For rugged waterproof boots take a look at Bean Boots. I have the 10 inch ones and they are good boots. The tongue is sealed all the way up the boot to keep your feet dry, and because the bottoms are rubber there is no break in time like with most leather boots. Mine were comfortable right from the start. You can buy removable liners for extra warmth too.

someone here was saying marni knits are really nice, any specific recommendations? looking to get some knits for spring given it's basically an extended winter here

I was. I have their basic mens grey cashmere cardigan, and it's the softest cashmere I've ever felt. Also, it goes with everything, which is always a plus.

the one on yoox? good buy, I was scoping that myself haha. GG is slept on.

The Corner, technically, but semantics.

I really dig my Patagonia jacket. I have the Super Cell Jacket. The gore tex jackets are always going to be the best thing for true water proof protection, but it can be expensive. I got the black one and I think it is very stylish. The fit is good and it has enough room to wear layers underneath. With some warm layers I was able to survive single digit temps while skiing this past weekend. Stayed quite warm. The jacket itself is not really warm, but it keeps the cold wind and rain out. I usually wear a wool shirt jacket under it for warmth.

For rugged waterproof boots take a look at Bean Boots. I have the 10 inch ones and they are good boots. The tongue is sealed all the way up the boot to keep your feet dry, and because the bottoms are rubber there is no break in time like with most leather boots. Mine were comfortable right from the start. You can buy removable liners for extra warmth too.

I guess my question wasn't really "menswear". Thanks, this is a good answer and those boots look like just what I need.

Antagon

I'm horrible at shopping for pants, and I really like this style. Can someone help me here? And my budget is around 45-60$

Can I have the name of these?

The jeans are APC's, which are raw denim. Guessing they're going for 150-200 in the US?

You could check out Unbranded (which is actually a brand) for more affordable stuff, but be prepared to wear them a lot and not wash them more then once every 4-6 months or so.

I'm horrible at shopping for pants, and I really like this style. Can someone help me here? And my budget is around 45-60$
Like Antagon said, your best bet for that price range is Unbranded Denim. They'll run you closer to $75 but they're well worth it. If you haven't been wearing raw denim you're definitely in for a surprise at first. They're going to feel much heavier/stiffer/slimmer than what you're probably used to but you'll get used to it and be much better off in the long run.

May be a bit strange, but I'm trying to get some more color ideas for laces my Clarks:

Any opinions?
You can make this work but it's entirely dependent on the rest of your outfit. Something like that is easy super easy to botch unless you really plan out your color coordination for the pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom