• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVOL 100%

May be a bit strange, but I'm trying to get some more color ideas for laces my Clarks:

[IMGd]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/NeoGAF%20Pick-Ups/F9987EB4-B2DF-4605-B841-3EB408C79FBA-2584-00000235F52ABA62_zpsbf56b32b.jpg[/IMG]

Any opinions?
They look out of place imo

sfedai0

Banned
So what would be good footwear for traveling around SE Asia? Its going to be hot, so Im not going to bring my boots. Dont wanna wear flip flops either cause they look lazy and Im going to be walking around alot.

I'm strangely fond of the red laces but am also looking into other options obviously. Leather was my next choice for something other than the default brown laces.

Usually I wear lots of navy or gray with white or red on occasion, basically safe colors for the most part.

Thanks all.

Antagon

So what would be good footwear for traveling around SE Asia? Its going to be hot, so Im not going to bring my boots. Dont wanna wear flip flops either cause they look lazy and Im going to be walking around alot.

Still flip flops for daily use, sneakers when you're doing treks. Some profile on your sneakers would be good, I've walked on tiny paths through rice fields with big cliffs next to them. Doing that on slippery shoes is not fun, I can tell you.

Edit: Going to try some leather laces on my Iron Rangers as well.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
The jeans are APC's, which are raw denim. Guessing they're going for 150-200 in the US?

You could check out Unbranded (which is actually a brand) for more affordable stuff, but be prepared to wear them a lot and not wash them more then once every 4-6 months or so.

Like Antagon said, your best bet for that price range is Unbranded Denim. They'll run you closer to $75 but they're well worth it. If you haven't been wearing raw denim you're definitely in for a surprise at first. They're going to feel much heavier/stiffer/slimmer than what you're probably used to but you'll get used to it and be much better off in the long run.

You can make this work but it's entirely dependent on the rest of your outfit. Something like that is easy super easy to botch unless you really plan out your color coordination for the pieces.

Thanks for the input guys. Ill definitely look around Unbranded website.

Edit- I'm looking for jeans like Unbranded's UB301. It could be just denim and not raw, because I live in a small city that lacks big stores etc. :(

Colorful laces are for middle schoolers.

Lol thanks. But yeah, just wanted something different for the Clarks, since they're so plain. But I'll be picking up leather laces for them as well.

Anyways, picked up a Levi's Filson collaboration sweater on sale at Levi's today:
EA1E1C55-354D-45EE-8388-374FD6B0E5B0-2724-00000248A3930001_zpsd6c07f39.jpg

The thing about the red colored laces is they just look super odd/harsh against brown. If you have to go colored, navy would be a wayy better choice for that brown.

Navy was a consideration, but I didn't go with them due to constantly buying the color as clothing pieces (such as the sweater I just got). Agreed that it'd probably work better and luckily laces are cheap so I could get a pair along with the leather laces.

There was an olive green as well, but didn't go for and as for the hot pink... Only if I got the Cole Haans that have the matching pink sole.

coldvein

Banned
they subtly suggest that you're the red ranger, leader of a small ragtag crew of defenders against interplanetary, interdimensional threats manifest in the form of grotesque monsters

i dont think its a subtle suggestion at all

its just like... IM THE RED RANGER!!!!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, few questions today.

1. I was told to buy Nike Blazers. What color combo (if I make my own on Nike.com) would be best with jeans + most colored shirts? White on white?

2. Where do you guys get button ups to wear untucked with jeans? All the ones I find are too long or have the curved bottom. I just wanted to grab a few that I could wear with jeans.

3. Is there such thing as a slim fit peacoat? I like my Uniqlo well enough, but I'd like to get a longer one (mine is waist level) that is more fitted or slim fit. This one is a bit baggy.

Thanks!

zethren

Banned
3. Is there such thing as a slim fit peacoat? I like my Uniqlo well enough, but I'd like to get a longer one (mine is waist level) that is more fitted or slim fit. This one is a bit baggy.

Thanks!

Just find one that you like and size down. Size down from what you normally would wear, or rather from what your current peacoat is. If its large, try medium. I typically wear a Large in jackets, but I sized down to medium for my peacoat for exactly the reason you have. Didn't want it to be baggy.

You have to make sure though that it's comfortable. If its constricting your breathing then obviously don't size down.
Tailoring is also always an option.

Shiv47

So, few questions today.

Thanks!

If you haven't visited Styleforum before, do so and check out the pea coat mega thread in the streetwear subforum. It has more pea coat info concentrated in one place than you'll probably ever need. You should get plenty of ideas for specific brands and sizing and what not. You probably don't need to trawl through all 341 pages though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just find one that you like and size down. Size down from what you normally would wear, or rather from what your current peacoat is. If its large, try medium. I typically wear a Large in jackets, but I sized down to medium for my peacoat for exactly the reason you have. Didn't want it to be baggy.

You have to make sure though that it's comfortable. If its constricting your breathing then obviously don't size down.
Tailoring is also always an option.

If you haven't visited Styleforum before, do so and check out the pea coat mega thread in the streetwear subforum. It has more pea coat info concentrated in one place than you'll probably ever need. You should get plenty of ideas for specific brands and sizing and what not. You probably don't need to trawl through all 341 pages though.

Thanks guys. We'll see what I can find.

EDIT: Uniqlo actually has another one I like, but it seems they are done selling peacoats or something. They have 4 on sale for $60, only XXLs left. Damn.
EDIT 2: I love this one, too bad I don't have $460 to spend... http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/coats/allsaints-kaledin-pea-coat/?colour=5&category=116

You can make this work but it's entirely dependent on the rest of your outfit. Something like that is easy super easy to botch unless you really plan out your color coordination for the pieces.

I think it would look terrible if he actually coordinated anything with the laces. Trying too hard. They should clash, since the purpose of the colored lace is to stand out.

I think something like this is fine for someone searching for a "signature look."

waypoetic

Banned
Can anyone help me find the name of these shoes?
307673_115297735238776_3452169_n.jpg

I wrote on Swear London's Facebook-page but i haven't gotten an answer.. I NEED THOSE SHOES!

Alucrid

Banned
It's not supposed to look natural.

natural as in not "HEY LOOK AT THESE RED LACES I PUT ON CAUSE THEY'RE RED LACES RED"

i.e. the shape and type of boots that visvim makes jives better with the inclusion of colored or patterned laces while clarks desert boots do not. or at the very least that color combination.

So, few questions today.

1. I was told to buy Nike Blazers. What color combo (if I make my own on Nike.com) would be best with jeans + most colored shirts? White on white?
nmcnIv4l.jpg

Posting on mobile, hope this works but I would go with black. Made this in a couple minutes.

I get casual button ups at gap, h&m, Nordstrom (sale and Nordstrom Rack), and sometimes target. Dress shirts usually from express or banana republic.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
nmcnIv4l.jpg

Posting on mobile, hope this works but I would go with black. Made this in a couple minutes.

I get casual button ups at gap, h&m, Nordstrom (sale and Nordstrom Rack), and sometimes target. Dress shirts usually from express or banana republic.

That was the other color I debated. I wanted a color that would go with what I'm wearing regardless of dark/light jeans and red/black/blue/etc shirts. I'd have to add the swoosh though. :p

Zilch

Banned
first time i've ever heard that red looks bad with dark brown leather. probably because that's the opposite of the truth.

bob page

first time i've ever heard that red looks bad with dark brown leather. probably because that's the opposite of the truth.

I don't think it looks bad with some shoes, but I definitely don't like it with DB's. It can look pretty decent with bucks or suede oxfords.

Ice 9

Banned
So, few questions today.

1. A white on white, grey on white, and black on white are all multiple purpose versatile shoe colors. See what you like on the Blazers out of those colorways.

Men of men, I bought these shoes long ago and want to now wear them. Unfortunately I bought is .5 size too small, is there a method of making them bigger or stretching them without wearing them?

PT2siVk.jpg

Well, seems that even Clarks sells their suede DBs with colored laces, though they do matching color stitching on the boot for contrast.

But probably some leather laces (tired of having to double-knot, so maybe something a bit shorter) for my DBs will be bought after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom