• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenovox1

is there a better way to filter/search by fit on jackthreads? everything fits "true to size" but i need dat slim fit

On JackThreads that just means that you don't have to buy a size up or size down. You'll have to do some Internet research to find out if the brand goes for a slim, tailored, or regular look.

dcdobson

Men of men, I bought these shoes long ago and want to now wear them. Unfortunately I bought is .5 size too small, is there a method of making them bigger or stretching them without wearing them?

PT2siVk.jpg
Those look awesome. Where'd you get them?

If you can return, check with a tailor. Depending on where the extended sleeve attaches to the main one, shouldn't be too tricky. The sleeve buttonholes look decorative, at least.

I know those sleeve feels, I'm 5'9" and a 48eu, which staff inc seems to hate with their weird open sleeve buttons ;(

Fritz

Men of men, I bought these shoes long ago and want to now wear them. Unfortunately I bought is .5 size too small, is there a method of making them bigger or stretching them without wearing them?

PT2siVk.jpg

Uuuuh <3. I got these in full "leather". Like the first shoes I got actual comments and compliments on. Too bad they looked like shit after half a year. The leather is fake and apparently can not be cleaned of stains. The seams unravel all over the place. And despite me using shoetrees on all my trainers, they lost shape. Still love them though. These are mine

So there's a Korean company selling clothing through Amazon called Doublju. Some of the shirts look awesome. Anyone have any experience with shirts from this company? Sizes run super small so most of the reviews say to order a size or two larger. Very reasonable prices if the quality is even close to decent (as long as it is fulfilled by Amazon).

Thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Doublju/e/4904315011/

ucdawg12

hey guys how should pants like casual chinos fit in the thighs off the rack? i have realized all my pants look like shit on me. even if they fit in the waist, they look wider in the thighs than in the calves. there is usually this weird break\stack in the fabric at the knee when im wearing them which kind of influences how they look from the knee down making them appear sucked in compared to the thighs. they never flow smoothly\consistently like this:

cE0c8EC.jpg

instead they appear to taper in drastically below the knee. this is regardless of if its slim fit or straight leg. i used to think meant slim all the way from the thigh down but apparently its usually only the calf area that's slimmed? which makes the thighs look even bigger in contrast. i tried having the thighs in one of my slim fits slimmed by a tailor to match the legs but while it doesnt feel uncomfortable it now feels like its going to rip or something.

i usually buy based on the waist. i go as low as possible without it hurting but the thighs will still suck. or the legs. i can't tell which is the problem. the only pair that really fits a way i kind of like are my bootcut jeans but i don't like the wideness of the leg opening at the bottom but otherwise it looks straight from thigh to leg and not like a cone \|/ or like this )|( at the knees.

and im not looking for my pants to be skin tight or anything. i don't need a super slim or even slim look. i just want something normal. i wish i had some pics but i don't. i'll try and grab some when i hit some stores today.

edit: also hm. im trying to think how i can describe my problem. so with basically all my pants, if i could magically alter either the legs or the thighs to match up with the other, i'd much rather the legs size up to meet the thighs than the thighs shrink down to meet the legs. i realize i made it seem like the thighs are too big but im thinking, based on my pants and all the pants i've tried on lately trying to sort this out, the thighs are fine but only look huge because of how small the legs look but i could be completely off, i'll try to get pics.

Nice pic Alucrid, that outfit is super clean.

oh lord, hopefully a joke lol
Definitely a joke. There's no way he's actually seriously wearing that tee with those suspenders.

hey guys how should pants like casual chinos fit in the thighs off the rack? i have realized all my pants look like shit on me. even if they fit in the waist, they look wider in the thighs than in the calves. there is usually this weird break\stack in the fabric at the knee when im wearing them which kind of influences how they look from the knee down making them appear sucked in compared to the thighs. they never flow smoothly\consistently like this:

instead they appear to taper in drastically below the knee. this is regardless of if its slim fit or straight leg. i used to think meant slim all the way from the thigh down but apparently its usually only the calf area that's slimmed? which makes the thighs look even bigger in contrast. i tried having the thighs in one of my slim fits slimmed by a tailor to match the legs but while it doesnt feel uncomfortable it now feels like its going to rip or something.

i usually buy based on the waist. i go as low as possible without it hurting but the thighs will still suck. or the legs. i can't tell which is the problem. the only pair that really fits a way i kind of like are my bootcut jeans but i don't like the wideness of the leg opening at the bottom but otherwise it looks straight from thigh to leg and not like a cone \|/ or like this )|( at the knees.

and im not looking for my pants to be skin tight or anything. i don't need a super slim or even slim look. i just want something normal. i wish i had some pics but i don't. i'll try and grab some when i hit some stores today.

edit: also hm. im trying to think how i can describe my problem. so with basically all my pants, if i could magically alter either the legs or the thighs to match up with the other, i'd much rather the legs size up to meet the thighs than the thighs shrink down to meet the legs. i realize i made it seem like the thighs are too big but im thinking, based on my pants and all the pants i've tried on lately trying to sort this out, the thighs are fine but only look huge because of how small the legs look but i could be completely off, i'll try to get pics.
You're going to have to post pictures of your problem because I read through your post twice and still can't figure out what your issue is.

bob page

Anyone planning on ordering from J Crew anytime soon? I have a $81 gift card that I don't need right now- I'll sell it and email it to you for $75.

Kraftwerk

Eh, F*ck it.

I have payed off all my debts, and will be getting my tax-refund soon. I was going to spend $500 on a leather duffel bag, but the ones I like are all $900+.

I'm going to treat myself for once.

What do you guys think about these two? They are my top choices. Open to any other suggestions.

Ghurka Cavalier I No. 96 - $1200 - I'll either get vintage black or vintage chestnut. Comes come in 8 other colors too.

v3wF7E7.jpg

M90YKjJ.jpg

Lotuff and Clegg Leatherworks - Small Leather Duffel - $999 - Same thing. Black or Brown/Chestnut. Also comes in a few other colors.

akEVpH6.jpg

HJj3bFq.jpg

I'm more leaning towards the Ghurka in chestnut.

This is a very big purcahse for me, so again; open to all input and recommendations.

Yeah that first one in brown is definitely the best of the four. Great looking bag. Should last you forever and with that color it'll look good with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom