• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what bag this is?

70caa83988fab7731a833097b215f656.jpg

Bossun

So as new year resolution I decided to find a new style.

Now, I never ever buy cloth usually, I intend to change though.

This is some of the things I came with :

Still need new shoes as mine are destroyed, that would go well with my pants (this one and a blue one)
And a new haircut.

Still need new shoes as mine are destroyed, that would go well with my pants (this one and a blue one)
And a new haircut.
Get a brass button navy peacoat and brown ranger-esque boots and you are gold.

Alucrid

Banned
"If you are 6'4 and 100lbs, please click here to purchase"

So sick of fashionable clothes catering exclusively to this body type. Fuck all of these dumb cunt designers.

uh, no. a lot of that is supposed to be tight and long. if you don't want it that long you can just cut it. topman shit is more like that than leu or silent.

Egads, why is a Lacoste polo shirt $90?

Because people who wear them think it conveys status.

I need a headscarf of some kind. Having long hair and working out is a bit annoying when it's waving about all over the place.

Edit: something like this maybe

Going into a gym with something like that might get you some bad looks from the macho douchebags. I just wear my beanie.

Dudes spending a grand on a purse... I guess I'm in the right thread. It's inclining towards spring in Southern California. Anyone have recommendations on shorts and polos?

Dudes spending a grand on a purse... I guess I'm in the right thread. It's inclining towards spring in Southern California. Anyone have recommendations on shorts and polos?

You're gonna last long.

I'm 6'4 and love long clothes, thank the heavens designers are catering to us tall guys

FINALLY

I'm with you man. My legs are long and if I can't get a long slim shirt to even it out I look shitty.

And a new haircut.
That's a fantastic start. The fit on the pieces you have right now is wonderful. Like Mac said, adding some brown boots (possibly the Wolverine 1000 Mile or Red Wing Iron Rangers) would be ideal. The nice thing about those is that you can wear them with just about anything, and they'll look great with the blue trousers you were referring to.

Beyond that I'd look into a navy or grey coat/jacket of some sort. Whether that be a peacoat, topcoat or blazer is up to you. You probably wouldn't be able to wear the latter with that particularly outfit but it will open up the door to lots of other possibilities.

All in all you're off to a really good start man.

You misunderstood my post. I was happy to find myself in a thread where such purchases were common-place.
Oh good. You're in the right place then. Welcome.

Bossun

Thanks for the replies.

I'll look into a nice peacoat.

For the shoes, I don't really like the red wing, but damn the wolverine are niiiiiice.
Then I saw the price..then I am in France and it seems a pain in the ass to find a shop that deliver them here.

But I'll think about it because man, I sure do want to tap that leather.

There should be some similar stuff in France, I'd think. If you're a 9 I can send you a pair of mj collection boots for cheap, since I've worn them maybe 12 times :/

You misunderstood my post. I was happy to find myself in a thread where such purchases were common-place.
We prefer the term European carryall.

ucdawg12

okay i got pics of the weird problem i am having with pants. i tried so many different cuts (slim, straight, boot) and they all had this problem except for gap loose fits which looked, even in the smallest size i could find, several weight classes too large for me. the problem looks less pronounced in the pictures but essentially, pants do this )( at the knees with me which i have never seen in anyone else. none of the retail people knew the problem but all saw it. it makes the thighs look huge and the legs tiny which makes me look cone-shaped. i was trying on the smallest pairs i could fit into, so in all these pics though my thighs may look like they're swimming in fabric or something they were all actually very tight.

FrcoVSZ.jpg
DsZ2Sfe.jpg
ZOhWl3U.jpg

i dunno what it is. maybe my knees are too small or something? but the leg always looks too small compared to the thighs and it always sucks in at the knee and i really don't like the way it looks. i figure, based on the fact that no cut looked good on me straight off the rack that i'll need to have them altered in some way but i don't know what needs to be done and what size to start from

Dumb question but are you sure you don't just have really big thighs?

If you've tried on as many pairs of pants as you say you have, it's gotta be something about your body and not the clothes themselves. I understand this probably isn't what you want to hear, but people work around their body types all the time it just takes a bit more work. I think your best bet is to find a pair that fits you as well as they can then consult a tailor. See if they have any ideas. A lot of department stores have tailors in house, and while I can't say I recommend having them actually work on your clothes, at the very least they can give you an educated opinion before you buy the pants.

Some of it might have to do with the material as well. Chances are, those pants are made from pretty lightweight cotton (example: chinos) which would seem more susceptible to the kind of bunching you're experiencing. Maybe if you can get your hands on a really heavy denim (22oz anyone?) they'd look better?

For what it's worth, the pants in the first photo look the best. Good luck.

ucdawg12

yeah, i'm pretty sure its something weird with my body, im not afraid to admit it lol. my thighs are 22" measured right under the crotch of the pants, which i think is average from what i've seen. my legs might be too thin, though im not sure how to measure them.

edit: or maybe my hips are too big?

Yeah I have big thighs + ass and I like the fit of the 508 tapereds. Anything too skinny fit mangles my junk, but the regular fit + taper keeps them from looking too daddish through the calf/ankle.

MegalonJJ

Banned
i dunno what it is. maybe my knees are too small or something? but the leg always looks too small compared to the thighs and it always sucks in at the knee and i really don't like the way it looks. i figure, based on the fact that no cut looked good on me straight off the rack that i'll need to have them altered in some way but i don't know what needs to be done and what size to start from

Your leg shape looks similar to a problem a friend of mine had, where it looks like the legs bend outward from the knee down.

Do you have flat feet in terms of having little to no arch in your feet?

If you do, you may wish to check out orthotic insoles, which will sort out your leg (and overall) posture. Check this link out for more information http://www.orthotics-online.co.uk/

It helped him out a lot with his posture :)

okay i got pics of the weird problem i am having with pants. i tried so many different cuts (slim, straight, boot) and they all had this problem except for gap loose fits which looked, even in the smallest size i could find, several weight classes too large for me. the problem looks less pronounced in the pictures but essentially, pants do this )( at the knees with me which i have never seen in anyone else. none of the retail people knew the problem but all saw it. it makes the thighs look huge and the legs tiny which makes me look cone-shaped. i was trying on the smallest pairs i could fit into, so in all these pics though my thighs may look like they're swimming in fabric or something they were all actually very tight.

FrcoVSZ.jpg
DsZ2Sfe.jpg
ZOhWl3U.jpg

You got big thighs, don't know what to tell you

Casanova

Any suggestions for new glasses (opticals, not sunglasses)?

New styles/brands?

Noteworthy brands?

Looking to spend a max of $200 (maybe $250 if necessary) on the frames.

Thanks for your help GAF!

edit: or maybe my hips are too big?

Hips don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom