• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what bag this is?

70caa83988fab7731a833097b215f656.jpg

Hey guys anyone know what socks these are?

Guys I need some great fitting tshirts for the spring time. I've been kinda into Hollister cause they sometimes fit good but their clothes are just too small/shrink too much. Even the XL are small on me. I like tshirts that are sorta long, and the sleeves surround the arms good; I hate sleeves that look like batwings. Anybody know of some good brands?

I like Target Mossimo (I think this is what it's called, get the athletic fit, the merona tees are kinda boxy)... they come in a 60/40 cotton poly blend and are $10 usually. They aren't super long, but a little longer than my hanes.

Guys I need some great fitting tshirts for the spring time. I've been kinda into Hollister cause they sometimes fit good but their clothes are just too small/shrink too much. Even the XL are small on me. I like tshirts that are sorta long, and the sleeves surround the arms good; I hate sleeves that look like batwings. Anybody know of some good brands?

People gonna roll their eyes but I go with AA

Either that or those Mossimo athletic fit tees mentioned above. They're actually pretty solid.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Speaking of solid tees, for some reason with my tapered 508s I only feel right wearing tighter solid tees. Is this normal? For some reason if I wear a graphic t it looks odd, and even worse if I wear a shirt that is a bit baggy.

Kind of hard to shop for combos. Maybe it's just the dark color.

Casanova

LOL, was there? I didn't notice. I got my glasses there, so it was the first thing that came to mind.

Hahah, there really was an ad banner for them.. strange.. I was looking through their online catalog and tabbed back over to NeoGaf and saw the ad banner.. I was like, "that clever son-of-a-bitch..."

Zekes!

I've been wallet shopping for a while. You guys have any brand suggestions? I've been eyeing up some Comme des Garçons wallets I think are neat, but whether or not I'd feel the same way a couple years down the line is debatable.

Casanova

My favorites are Ray Ban and Peak Performance, like these ones for ex :

The first, the Ray Ban ones, i have a pair of those (biased).

I really like the second pair, PeakPerformance. However, I can't seem to find them anywhere on the net, not even a pair of PeakPerformance optical glasses, no style or model whatsoever of PeakPerformance glasses.

ucdawg12

i did an orthotics test and i think my feet are alright, but i think you guys are right, its the thighs. they're definitely big compared to the rest of my body.

how should i adjust, pants wise? should i look for wider legs and should i still be looking for pants that fit in the thigh? cause im just wondering about the pants i was wearing in those pics, they fit in that i could get into them, but they were tight and obviously meant for people with smaller thighs than me with the same waist size. i don't know if that means i shouldnt be looking for thighs that tight because they wouldn't be that tight on someone who has the right body type for those pants (cause their thighs would be smaller with the same waist).

i ordered a couple different sizes of jcrew regular fits and relaxed fits which have bigger legs. they didnt have any in store, unfortunately. the regular fit has about 2 extra inches in thigh circumference at the same waist and 2 extra inches in the knees too compared to urban slims which were a less slim cut than the first pic, which are 484s. the urban slims looked much better but still tapered too much at the leg.

RS4-

Anyone have a peacoat from JCrew? Thinking about picking one up, just worried about sizing as every company is random as hell and the nearest JC for me is more than an hour away.

A medium thinsulate baywater good for someone 6'?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
With designer frames and stuff do you just get your checkup and then bring the new frames in and they order lenses for them? I always just pick what's there...

With designer frames and stuff do you just get your checkup and then bring the new frames in and they order lenses for them? I always just pick what's there...

most optometrists can order straight from the manufacturer for you. i got my oversized clubmasters with clear prescription lenses at wholesale price + my vision insurance discount, just took an additional week for shipping.

or you can just get your prescription, and pickup a pair you like and your optometrist can do the lenses for you. did it with a pair of paul franks that i really liked.

i've done both of the above without any issues from my optometrist, though YMMV.

So I'm looking for a new pair of shoes, that well aren't Nikes...it seems a lot people here suggest Clarks?

How do they fit? Are they overly narrow?

I see they have them on Amazon and their pretty cheap compared to Clarks website.

Any suggestions for new glasses (opticals, not sunglasses)?

New styles/brands?

Noteworthy brands?

Looking to spend a max of $200 (maybe $250 if necessary) on the frames.

Thanks for your help GAF!
+1 for Warby Parker. My glasses are from there and they're fantastic. Come in some pretty decent packaging if you're into that sort of thing as well. Hard to beat for the price.

J. Crew tees fit what you're looking for as well. Those are my go to t-shirt. Come in lots of different colors as well and don't shrink in the wash, which is a plus.

My favorites are Ray Ban and Peak Performance, like these ones for ex :
Please tell me those logos are decals and not actually part of the lens.

Please tell me those logos are decals and not actually part of the lens.

Hmm? The logos are just for the sample pairs they have at the optometrist. It's just stock lenses.

No glasses I've ever bought from have had logos on the lenses.

Otherwise my Calvin Klein, Gucci & Oakley pairs of glasses would look ridiculous.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
SoCal is getting warm already, and I want some new slim lightweight (seersucker?) shorts for the blazing desert heat.

What brands have shorts that cater to super slim dudes?

I'm more leaning towards the Ghurka in chestnut.

that's a gorgeous bag

Oh duh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

No worries, I thought that too when I was getting my first pair as a kid, but then realized that it's just stock (after trying them on).

Speaking of my Oakleys, I like them but mine keep having this strange bend in the hinge of my right earpiece. No matter how many times I've had them adjust it, it bends out. I may have to see if I can get it replaced... Been sticking with my old Gucci frames that I've had for like over five years now in the meantime.

I do like the Ray-Bans, but I may try some different frames (been sticking with black plastic but may go semi-rimless one of these days).

jokkir

So are Clark's Desert Boots (suede ver) good for Winter? I just got them but realized there was a leather version. Should I just return these and get those instead? Hmmm. Also, any tips for keeping these boots in top condition for the Winter incase I don't switch?

So are Clark's Desert Boots (suede ver) good for Winter? I just got them but realized there was a leather version. Should I just return these and get those instead? Hmmm. Also, any tips for keeping these boots in top condition for the Winter incase I don't switch?
The general rule is that suede should not be worn around/near water. Suede is going to absorb the water more than traditional leather would and the stains will become much more noticeable.

So depending on your climate, you probably won't get much use out of them until it warms up. They'd be a hot look for spring though.

jokkir

The general rule is that suede should not be worn around/near water. Suede is going to absorb the water more than traditional leather would and the stains will become much more noticeable.

So depending on your climate, you probably won't get much use out of them until it warms up. They'd be a hot look for spring though.

So I shouldn't use it at all for Winter? I bought it since I had no boots at all since my last ones broke recently.

where could i go try on a pair of these famous clarks desert boots that are mentioned on every goddamn page in here!

I got mine at Sears. Though I'm sure you can get them many other places.

Lirlond

While we're on glasses, anyone know any good halfrims? I'm wearing
9BKJ8GL.jpg

these right now. I hate having a rim under my eye so halfrims are ideal for me.

Zekes!

Here's one of the wallets I'm considering, this is by Comme des Garçons:

It's more of a pouch than a wallet, which I'm kind of in to. I'm looking at some more traditional wallets, but this caught my eye for some reason. I'll probably poke around some local boutiques tomorrow and get more ideas.

Lirlond

It's more of a pouch than a wallet, which I'm kind of in to. I'm looking at some more traditional wallets, but this caught my eye for some reason. I'll probably poke around some local boutiques tomorrow and get more ideas.

I never buy my own wallets, it's bad luck. I've still got a plain leather one I've been using since I was 14 because of this rule though lol.

where could i go try on a pair of these famous clarks desert boots that are mentioned on every goddamn page in here!
I think they sell them at Nordstrom's downtown, but I'm not positive about that. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold them at Macy's or even a Zumiez/Journey's or something of that nature.

So I shouldn't use it at all for Winter? I bought it since I had no boots at all since my last ones broke recently.
I mean you can, it just depends on how worried you are with keeping them clean. They're going to get A LOT more roughed up in the winter than they would the spring, so chances are they may not last you as long. Of course, like Mac said, they aren't exactly dress boots so they shouldn't be hard to replace if necessary.

I liked that wallet until I read about that superstition. I'm incredibly superstitious (playing baseball your whole life will do that to you), so now I can't exactly recommend buying it lol.

Great, and I needed a new wallet. Anyone want to buy me one?

Talon

Anyone have a peacoat from JCrew? Thinking about picking one up, just worried about sizing as every company is random as hell and the nearest JC for me is more than an hour away.

A medium thinsulate baywater good for someone 6'?
That's the same peacoat I own actually. I'm 6'3" and 162 lbs. Fits me fine - it's not boxy or tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom