• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

Skinny Korean in my 20s. Living it up before the metabolism slows down.

Oh, wait, I'm asian so that won't happen.

Haha. I have a Korean friend. He eats 3 - 4 cinnabons a week on his way to work( 1100 calories, 86g sugar, 450g fat etc..) and never exercise. Has not gained 1lbs since i've known him. Goddamn magic.

ucdawg12

hey any advice for buying shoes? pants have thus far been an expensive education lol but shoes are more expensive and i'd rather not waste too much money making mistakes with my purchases.

i'm looking for dress oxfords that i can wear casually with chinos and cords.

something like this:

V0KmhTX.jpg

which i tracked down to a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo 'Faraone' Cap Toe Oxfords

IT45HTI.jpg

they seem like they can be worn casually. those oxfords were $600 though and are out of stock. but those are the type i'd be looking for (unless advised against) but i've never really made an effort to learn about shoes so i'm not sure what to be aware of, fit, quality, maintenance wise, etc. would really appreciate any help anyone can toss my way :)

taboo manshion confession: I really don't like fades.

Yeah, I might buy raw denim occasionally because the jeans tend be be really nice, but honestly "sick fades" are an overhyped gimmick that nobody but you and maybe your denim aficionado buddies are ever going to notice. I mean if you get personal satisfaction from the way your jeans fade then that's awesome, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it means all that much outwardly.

Mr. F

Banned
Going to be looking for my first pair of chino pants, anything I should look out for or take into account in particular (fit, what separates good from bad quality, etc.) in terms of finding the right pair? If such a clear distinction exists beyond mere brand preference, that is.

Yeah, I might buy raw denim occasionally because the jeans tend be be really nice, but honestly "sick fades" are an overhyped gimmick that nobody but you and maybe your denim aficionado buddies are ever going to notice. I mean if you get personal satisfaction from the way your jeans fade then that's awesome, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it means all that much outwardly.

It's kind of cool because you get two different phases. In the beginning you got this cool looking dark indigo and then in the end you get these faded out light blues. Seems kind of fun if you ask me.

Couple of those pocket t's from asos turned up at the weekend, they fit really well for a £7 t shirt, Im not sure what the neck line of them is called (O line maybe?) but they are so much better than V necks or the regular kind.

Shiv47

I use a Saddleback card holder that I keep in a front trouser/jeans pocket. It holds about 6-8 cards, and will probably outlast me.

flyover

Can anyone ID what boots Bradley Cooper is wearing here? (Not much to go on, I know...)

0ZnVqvj.jpg

They look a little like Wolverine 1000 Miles, but maybe not quite. The eyelet setup and color are about right. But the soles look pretty dark (could be well-worn), and the stitching doesn't stand out as much (though polish could account for that). Whatever the case, they look great.

Antagon

Look like my Iron Rangers. Color is difficult, but might be well worn mule skinners.

IMG_9751.jpg

Edit: Looking again, I think they're the amber harness color.

flyover

Look like my Iron Rangers. Color is difficult, but might be well worn mule skinners.

Edit: Looking again, I think they're the amber harness color.

Oh, that is pretty close. I didn't even think about them having a cap toe, but it's pretty subtle, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. Another angle:

fsMiqz1.jpg

The soles definitely match, as do the eyelets. And I'd wager there's polish on the upper stitching. Yeah, I bet you're right. Thanks!

bob page

i really like jack spade for my accessories; my last couple of wallets and my bag for the office have all been bought on sale at great prices. you can usually find their stuff at like nordstrom if you prefer not to order online.
I have a Jack Spade card holder too (flannel, found at TJ for $20). I'd never pay full price for it but if you can find one on sale then go for it.

Blah... My Oakley Servos are driving me up the wall in regards to my right hinge, and I've had them fixed three times (going to my optometrist during lunch to fix them again...).

Time to consider a new pair of frames and I think I'll just have the lenses replaced by through my insurance.

Warby's are on my radar, but I'll be keeping an open mind for other things.

What does fashion-GAF think of Alexander Wang? I don't think I've ever seen his name come up in this thread, personally I'm a huge...but only of select things.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Most likely Weird Guy fit. The cheapest go for 135, the most expensive are somewhere in the 200s.

Hmm, I'd have to order a pair and try them out. My thighs will be the kicker. Question is, how do I stray from my safe zone of dark blue/light blue jeans without getting too crazy? And then what do I wear with it.

Hmm, I'd have to order a pair and try them out. My thighs will be the kicker. Question is, how do I stray from my safe zone of dark blue/light blue jeans without getting too crazy? And then what do I wear with it.

If I were you I would get the thermal dye and just wear some basic color with it. Go all the way.

I mean think about it. Your jeans are gonna change color as it gets warmer throughout the day. Who else has shit like that?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If I were you I would get the thermal dye and just wear some basic color with it. Go all the way.

Ha. I want to see them in action. What color do they change to? Also, does it change quicker in the crotch?

I do like the SUVIN ELS selvedge and Vintage Dungaree Denim though.

Shiv47

The Rainbow Fade sounds crazy. It seems like you'd eventually be wearing the denim equivalent of clown pants. I like the dark green selvedge though.

Ha. I want to see them in action. What color do they change to? Also, does it change quicker in the crotch?

I do like the SUVIN ELS selvedge and Vintage Dungaree Denim though.

They didn't say. which is odd. Looks like it's naturally a light blue so maybe darker? Also, it changes evenly so no "hot spots" although it would be a good way to draw attention to those dick fades we were talking about.

The Rainbow Fade sounds crazy. It seems like you'd eventually be wearing the denim equivalent of clown pants. I like the dark green selvedge though.

Could be like this if it has some set pattern. Or it could just be tie dye random

MJA2268-MULZOOM1.JPG

Antagon

They're missing the best one:

NF-Denim-Okayama-Spirit.png

Also included in the 2013 collection was the Okayama Spirit, a 16oz. super slubby denim that remind us the mythical Samurai Texas Cotton. According to N&F‘s Bahzad Trinos, it is the same Japanese mill that produces the denim for both brands.

WeirdGuy for some reason fits me oddly (probably due to my big thighs I guess) but SlimGuy seems to work best.

I do love the camo for some reason and saw a pair of camo Dockers that I'd really like as well.

Still, I'll try my luck at Barneys and hopefully find a pair that I like... the Chambray Selvedge as well as the Red/Blue Weft ones look good.

N&F Spring/Summer has everything anyone could want.

NFSS2013.png

Some of you guys should go for the more special releases. I wanna see the thermal dye, rainbow fade, etc. Also, gonna be a new Super Skinny Guy fit for all you skeletal fit lovers.
Oh my god. That photo makes my head explode. Hopefully my tax return can get here in time so that maybe I can pick up one or two of those.

I'd be really interested in the Thermals and would possibly consider picking them up. Outside of that, the Blue Weft and Forest Green Selvedge are my favorite. Can't wait to see how those Rainbow Fades turn out.

It might not be everyones cup of tea, but had my M&N order finally come in. I'd never pay full price for the majority of their products, but I couldn't pass up their winter sale. Plus my Clarks came in from Amazon today as well.

Qt0N3pn.jpg

Zekes!

N&F Spring/Summer has everything anyone could want.

http://www.rawrdenim.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/NFSS2013.png

Some of you guys should go for the more special releases. I wanna see the thermal dye, rainbow fade, etc. Also, gonna be a new Super Skinny Guy fit for all you skeletal fit lovers.

Depending on what comes in to my store, I might cop a couple of these. I know I want the Royalcast, but I feel like I need to try the rainbow fade.

Anyways here's what I wore today (boyfriend jean edition):

I also picked up some classic Unbleached White Chuck Taylors

Looks good

Re: Alexander wang, I think he does a pretty good job of distilling some of the more out there aesthetics/trends into something more generally palatable. I mean, obviously, he's raking in the $. Kind of like a more streetwear oriented marc Jacobs.

Curious to see where he goes with balenciaga, maybe he's tempered his design for commercial success at his own label, and will go wild at his new job. Who knows.

Zeke's those jeans look good. I would've never guessed they were women's had you not told me beforehand.

Not sure why you decided to wear them into a sauna but I guess that's another story.

It might not be everyones cup of tea, but had my M&N order finally come in. I'd never pay full price for the majority of their products, but I couldn't pass up their winter sale. Plus my Clarks came in from Amazon today as well.

http://i.imgur.com/Qt0N3pn.jpg?1
Another Seattle guy in this thread? That's awesome there's like 6 of us now.

Nice pick ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom