• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midnights I saw those Chambrays in person today (along with the rest of the N&F SS13 lineup) and they are beautiful. You're going to love them. Surprisingly lightweight as well so they'll be perfect for Spring.

blanco21

The perfect / coolest-looking chambray shirt ever imo (not my pics):

f07bf_Svn5gl.jpg

esq-03-banana-republic-chambray-shirt-052511-lg.jpg

GYDJTl.jpg

Would wearing this under a navy sweater be passable as business casual? Really nice sweater?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ok NYC gaf, I'm starting college in two weeks time, and am in need of a good messenger bag. Only problem is, I don't know the best place to go shopping for one. Enlighten me.

friday

Ok NYC gaf, I'm starting college in two weeks time, and am in need of a good messenger bag. Only problem is, I don't know the best place to go shopping for one. Enlighten me.

I would start by checking out what century 21 has on offer. You could get something nice for a big discount. Otherwise IDK, there are literally hundreds of places you could go. It just depends on your budget, needed size, and the style you are interested in.

Brooklyn Industries is pretty popular.

bob page

I'll echo Century 21- they usually have stuff from Jack Spade, etc for $150ish.

It really depends on the style you want though. Usually I'd recommend just ordering online to get better selection.

nashb81

Neo Member
Hey Manshion Gaf, what are some of the things you look out for when stitching a blazer? I unfortunately can't buy one off the rack since finding one my size is impossible in my city. And online shipping isn't an option since most sites don't ship to India. Even if they do, the shipping costs are exorbitant.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I would start by checking out what century 21 has on offer. You could get something nice for a big discount. Otherwise IDK, there are literally hundreds of places you could go. It just depends on your budget, needed size, and the style you are interested in.

Brooklyn Industries is pretty popular.

GK86 - Check out Booq - I think they have the best bags - from backpacks to messenger bags.

I'll echo Century 21- they usually have stuff from Jack Spade, etc for $150ish.

It really depends on the style you want though. Usually I'd recommend just ordering online to get better selection.

In terms of budget, it would be around $200. Like I said, I will primary be using this for college, so need something that is well made, and extra room wouldn't hurt. In terms of styles, that I'm not entirely sure about.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Mr. F

Banned
For any other Canadians that might be in here, got an email from JackThreads regarding new shipping policies to Canada. Most notably;

• Pay once and only once. Customs/duties will now be charged up-front when you check out on JackThreads. They'll also be about 10% less expensive
  • Shipping costs are now as low as $8.95 depending on the weight of your package and your province

I wish more sites did this. Definitely makes me less anxious about ordering online and not knowing how much the duty/import fees might be.

For any other Canadians that might be in here, got an email from JackThreads regarding new shipping policies to Canada. Most notably;

I wish more sites did this. Definitely makes me less anxious about ordering online not knowing how much the duty/import fees might be.

that's awesome news for canadians. i love jackthreads. just ordered one of the woolf shirts from them earlier this evening.

I'm sure it's been discussed here before but where do you guys get your t-shirts? Usually around spring time I add 3-4 to the collection since they are really all I wear in the summer. I've always liked the Armani Exchange pima ones. I just think I'd like to throw in a few different brands.

I just sort of parooz the web until I find a t-shirt I like. I've been collecting t-shirts for years, http://www.velvet-tees.com) is a great place too, for the basic stuff.

EDIT: Also, heads up everyone, Yoox has brand new John Varvatos Six O Six Convertable Boots (http://www.johnvarvatos.com/collection-boots-shoes/l/3021) for $200 off in almost every size. I'm going to pick a pair up, because how can I resist? It's like they are giving them away!

EDIT 2: Forgot the Yoox link:

http://www.yoox.com/us/44485695JN/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44485695JN&sizeId=

giga

MyHabit is a dangerous dangerous place. Just dropped $160 in a matter of a few minutes, trying to beat others stealing my sweaters and cardigans. Dat return policy is too good.

100% merino wool and made in italy for $35--couldn't help myself.

MyHabit is a dangerous dangerous place. Just dropped $160 in a matter of a few minutes, trying to beat others stealing my sweaters and cardigans. Dat return policy is too good.

Yes, todays sales were crazy, shame I did not found anything I liked.

Blackhead

Redarse

thanks for the tip.

Kraftwerk

Only been 2 days, and I am already in love with N&F. The soft raw denim I got is incredible. I was going to buy 2 pairs of levi jeans, but fuck it. I am gonna buy another N&F instead.

Leaning towards the Pomegranate Selvedge;

I want to try a pair of N&F Jeans, but there's like no one where near me to try them on, and I don't feel like going into NYC to try a pair of jeans on...

Antagon

Going to try some N&F's in Amsterdam in a few weeks. Hope that they get the new weird guys with the Samurai fabric in. Sounds like a fantastic deal.

3Sixty

I found that Nordstrom convert to £ at least but don't know if their shipping or prices are good. Also don't have that much choice.
I'd consider the Pomegranate Reds but my favourite varsity jacket is red so I don't know if that's a bit too colour coordinated.

Blue Owl and Tate and Yoko both do worldwide shipping, no idea about shipping rates though.

Cheer guys. I'll check 'em out.

Meanwhile i'll moan on their facebook about UK support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom