• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Naked & Famous is getting popular (at least in this thread) because they're relatively easy to jump into for first time raw denim buyers. The price point generally isn't too bad and the different styles have something for everyone. Nobody's going to shell out the money for Momotaro or Pure Blue Japans if they've never worn raw denim before. Even APC is generally higher priced.

Don't forget about Unbranded too, guys. If you're on the fence about diving into the higher-end brands, try Unbranded out first. Hard to beat for the price.

Only been 2 days, and I am already in love with N&F. The soft raw denim I got is incredible. I was going to buy 2 pairs of levi jeans, but fuck it. I am gonna buy another N&F instead.

Leaning towards the Pomegranate Selvedge;
I wanted the Pomegranate for a long time but never ended up buying them. Kind of wish I did but I didn't think I'd get enough use out of them to justify the price.

I've seen/felt them in person and they're great though. Just make sure you have enough stuff in your wardrobe that will compliment them.

I'm worried N&F are gonna take off and become the next True Religion. That would suck for me.
True Religion was and always has been tacky though. That's the difference. The detailing on those things is laughable.

Kraftwerk

I think Naked & Famous is getting popular (at least in this thread) because they're relatively easy to jump into for first time raw denim buyers. The price point generally isn't too bad and the different styles have something for everyone. Nobody's going to shell out the money for Momotaro or Pure Blue Japans if they've never worn raw denim before. Even APC is generally higher priced.

Don't forget about Unbranded too, guys. If you're on the fence about diving into the higher-end brands, try Unbranded out first. Hard to beat for the price.

I wanted the Pomegranate for a long time but never ended up buying them. Kind of wish I did but I didn't think I'd get enough use out of them to justify the price.

I've seen/felt them in person and they're great though. Just make sure you have enough stuff in your wardrobe that will compliment them.

That was another question I was going to ask;

What would be the best colours to go with the pomegranate?

I have some black and light blue shirts that would compliment it... I think at least.

Antagon

momotaro-0702-deep-indigo.jpg

These are still tempting...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Do they not sell online? Nothing close to me for them. I think with my sizing issues I need to try a bit higher quality and see how they work.

Antagon

I need to see how it looks in person. Still, love that dark color and you won't get a Momo without the pink inseam as far as I know.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought a marked down suit for about 70 Eurobucks. And a shirt and tie for about 40 alltogether.

I guess you can burn me now. Will take pics at some point in the next few days for shits and giggles, but I actually like it from what I saw.

friday

Apc for life

I dont love my APC's, but that could have something to do with them being New Standards. I had them hemmed and tapered (store only sold the NS, not the petites) and then I lost 15 lbs. Now they are just a bit on the frumpy side which sucks. Also my N&F fades are cooler.

Both are much better than the Nudies I had. Those pants blew.

robox

i really regret not trying on the n&f pomegranates i saw at barney's few months back. only the one pair and right around my size too... gdi
been contemplating a pair of red pants for a while too

Kraftwerk

Just got 2 more slim fit shirts from J CREW Factory. They have a "take an extra 30% off+Free shipping" promo for presidents day. Their slim shirts fit me really well.

Code : PRESDAY

You all say Uniqlo is equivalent to H&M right? So do the Uniqlo dress shirts fit just as well as H&M then? I like H&M as they are pretty for fitting
Generally the Uniqlo/H&M comparison is due to the pricing and quality. I can't speak on the fit of their shirts seeing as I've never worn them, but Uniqlo offers a giant selection so I imagine there is something that would fit similarly.

for us budget shoppers, it seems levi's has re-branded their 511 line as "slim" and the 510's are "skinny." the fit is still the same, but makes sense; the 511 never felt "skinny" just very fitted.

I just wanted to stop in and say i am laughing hysterically right now. Some dude is trying to walk to class right now in some of the stuff in this thread. A thin leather jacket, A thinner V-neck t shirt, rolled up jeans with no socks and those slip-on sneaker things i occasionally see. No gloves or hat.

It's negative fucking 40 degrees Fahrenheit with windchill and 20 mile per hour winds.

Is there nothing "fashionable" that also provides warmth? I am not trying to offend, i am genuinely curious. I have been lurking this thread for a good month or two now and have yet to see a jacket or coat that actually looks like it could be warm and protective.

I'm a guy who wears a hooded sweatshirt, a bauer hockey jacket, 10lb snow boots, and worn old work jeans to class every day so i am not sure i understand the mentality that one needs to sacrifice their health in order to look as good as some of you guys intend. Can anybody try to help me understand?

with as much as you troll this thread i would've at least thought you'd be able to recognize me bb. :(

don't know who you are referring to, you're saying I troll this thread?'

and if you say I do, please go ahead and provide evidence and quotes of my "troll" posts in this thread before you accuse anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom