• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, that's just a horrible photo of the Red Cores. The dude who had those did like 4 washes in 6 months, so naturally they're going to come out as shit when you wash them as much and as fast as he did. I think the Red Cores here look way better.

I own the Red Cores and I plan on washing them like twice tops in my lifetime. Heavy washing does not suit that style of denim at all.

Zekes!

Rawr Denim has a good writeup on those wild Rainbow Fades from the Naked & Famous SS13.

No fade images yet as they've barely been out a month, but there are some cool photos of the rainbow dyed fabric they used to make the jeans. More at the link above.

Any of the Manshion-GAF crew going to bite the bullet and buy a pair to see how these look over time? Zekes?

If my shop gets 'em in I'll probably pick them up even though I probably shouldn't

Anyone know where I can purchase this blazer from? Thanks.

d4Tyo4f.jpg

No idea, looks like a houndstooth tweed. Could be vintage.

Frustrated, you should be able to find a lot of similar items at your local thrift shop. Tweed jackets like that are some of the most thrifted items from my experience. Whether or not it fits very well is another thing, but it's worth looking at.

If my shop gets 'em in I'll probably pick them up even though I probably shouldn't
After looking at the fabric I was a lot more optimistic about them than I was in the past. They should actually look pretty cool provided you don't wash the shit out of them like the guy with the Red Cores did a few posts up.

They'll definitely be a commitment though. A lot of awesome jeans came out this Spring but I just don't have the time to break any of them in. Wish I did.

Zekes!

After looking at the fabric I was a lot more optimistic about them than I was in the past. They should actually look pretty cool provided you don't wash the shit out of them like the guy with the Red Cores did a few posts up.

They'll definitely be a commitment though. A lot of awesome jeans came out this Spring but I just don't have the time to break any of them in. Wish I did.

Yeah I've already got a few other pairs that I need to break in as well. I'm definitely going to end up with something from the Spring collection though. Maybe the thermochromic ones?

I'm think about this cardigan at the moment. What do you guys think?

there is one guy in there with arenas, and that's it. the pair I tried on where the black/blue highs from last year. they didn't have the burgundy highs in my size ;___________;

you'd think the boutique in vegas would have held one for me!

:(

I think I'm just gonna have to stock away the money in a idgaf fund and snipe the very second they release some next season.

TTTR

@Deadly Cyclone

I don't like the black one. Looks too flat. I think the gray would look better, especially for spring cause of the lighter color.

New socks btw, very thin material. They feel awesome but I would hate seeing them fall apart soon.

7ZpPrM2.jpg

Hmm... Since Weird Guys hate my thighs and Slim Guy is the only one that seems to fit properly (but are rare as hell), I'll probably check out Unbranded the next time I'm in Urban Outfitters as well as the Barneys outlet near my house.

Thinking of branching out to 3sixteens though my only pairs of raws I have are APC and some 501 STFs. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks.

So, I ended up cancelling this. I've got a gift card to Blue Owl that I need to figure out a way to get rid of.

I bought a pair of Eternals 811s instead. Oops, sorry wallet.
Why did you end up canceling them? Did you get them and decide you didn't like them? Or did you just have a change of heart?

Also are you looking for darker or lighter denim now?

Yeah I've already got a few other pairs that I need to break in as well. I'm definitely going to end up with something from the Spring collection though. Maybe the thermochromic ones?

I'm think about this cardigan at the moment. What do you guys think?
Did you see that video of the thermochromatic ones posted a few pages ago? They change color like immediately. Almost too fast. I was shocked.

Also I really dig that cardigan.

Hmm... Since Weird Guys hate my thighs and Slim Guy is the only one that seems to fit properly (but are rare as hell), I'll probably check out Unbranded the next time I'm in Urban Outfitters as well as the Barneys outlet near my house.

Thinking of branching out to 3sixteens though my only pairs of raws I have are APC and some 501 STFs. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks.
I've never worn 3Sixteen personally but I know guys who have and love them. Great quality from what I know.

I've never worn 3Sixteen personally but I know guys who have and love them. Great quality from what I know.

Gotcha and cool. I figured it's time I try some US made raws and since they're just a bit more than APCs but are made here in the US, maybe the premium's worth it.

May swing by Selfedge one of these days to give 'em a try.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Why did you end up canceling them? Did you get them and decide you didn't like them? Or did you just have a change of heart?

Also are you looking for darker or lighter denim now?

I got a bit hasty with purchasing them. I'll definitely grab a pair when the slim guys are available, but I really dislike the weird guy fit so I'm just going to hold off a little while longer.

Gotcha and cool. I figured it's time I try some US made raws and since they're just a bit more than APCs but are made here in the US, maybe the premium's worth it.

May swing by Selfedge one of these days to give 'em a try.
They're definitely better quality than Unbranded.

Nothing against Unbranded, they're great for the price, but having been made in China they're obviously not anywhere near 3Sixteen, Baldwin, Tellason and other USA made products. If you do go with the 3Sixteens I'd be interested to hear how they turn out, so keep us posted.

I got a bit hasty with purchasing them. I'll definitely grab a pair when the slim guys are available, but I really dislike the weird guy fit so I'm just going to hold off a little while longer.
I've seen a lot of love for the slim guys lately and I'm surprised at the relatively low availability of them on the market. It seems like very few styles outside of the staples are offered in slim guy.

A shame cause there are some really awesome Naked & Famous styles out there right now.

They're definitely better quality than Unbranded.

Nothing against Unbranded, they're great for the price, but having been made in China they're obviously not anywhere near 3Sixteen, Baldwin, Tellason and other USA made products. If you do go with the 3Sixteens I'd be interested to hear how they turn out, so keep us posted.

Oh definitely. The Unbranded would strictly be like a beater pair of jeans if I got them or just to try something different. But the 3Sixteens, or any other USA made items do intrigue me since though I don't mind buying imported stuff, I wouldn't mind buying more US made garments. Plus, they look great as well.

Zekes!

I ended up buying that cardigan I posted. Here's hoping it fits.

Anyone have any cardigan suggestions? I'm in a cardigan mood right now. Cardigan.

I believed in CCP through the elephant dick pants, down the river, mummified leathers and industrial seamed clothings but the latex shoes are seriously ugly to me.

h3ro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom