• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alucrid said:
:lol

well at least returns are free. Now I have to go looking for a new one. Anyone have suggestions for a fall jacket?

I think the jacket looks nice if a little plain but the shirt tail coming out the front of it doesn't help anything

parasight

bob page said:
I currently wear a black Skagen. I love the brand- all of their watches are extremely thin and light-weight. I've gotten tons of compliments on it, too:

Same exact watch I wear. I love it, but the black is starting to fade off.

Ordered my TOJ1 2011 in all Black, can't wait!

threenote

Banned
bob page said:
I currently wear a black Skagen. I love the brand- all of their watches are extremely thin and light-weight. I've gotten tons of compliments on it, too:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007X9F7O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm actually thinking about getting a new more formal watch from them:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00024CDD6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
or
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012ON4Q0/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I have a Skagen (not the ones you listed), and it's great. I get compliments every day.
I even fucked a hot chick twice wearing it.

Going to a club opening here in town tonight, "dress to impress" is the code for the night. Wearing slim black jeans, a grey military style shirt, a slate colored undershirt, and then black Rockports. I live in Sarasota, FL and I usually see guys in TapOut shirts or even in just polos and shorts. Manshion gurus, does that all sound alright?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
CF_Fighter said:
Going to a club opening here in town tonight, "dress to impress" is the code for the night. Wearing slim black jeans, a grey military style shirt, a slate colored undershirt, and then black Rockports. I live in Sarasota, FL and I usually see guys in TapOut shirts or even in just polos and shorts. Manshion gurus, does that all sound alright?
Sounds good, ditch the undershirt.

CF_Fighter said:
That's kind of casual. How about jacket shirt and tie?

I mean yea I could bust out the suit, but I've rarely seen anyone in my town sport one at clubs here. This one is a bit different compared to the others, it's got two floors and they seem to be pushing that it's an "upscale" experience. I don't have sport jackets or of any kind blazers that fit well.

Alucrid

Banned
videogamer said:
That's kind of casual. How about jacket shirt and tie?

If he's going to a club where dudes dress in diesel and ed hardy and tapout and whatever that shit's called, he needs to dress the part too. A suit and tie definitely won't work in this sort of club.

ratsky - those look terribad imo.

mblitek

macuser1of5 said:
winq... has changed.

it's not about swag, or jawnz.

it's not even about copping, beasting, or supertrash.

Oh, it's definitely about Copping my friend! That's my last name ;)

I'm catching up, onto Page 9 now.

dpatel304

Fashion-GAF, I would like watch advice. I haven't worn one for years, but I'm looking for something clean and minimalistic.

I like the color and shape of this:
418z6rqrfKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ER9VH4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

But I'm open to whatever suggestions you may have. Not really willing to shell out over $80 for this. Also, it would be cool to have something that could possibly show off my nerdy side as well. I was thinking along the lines of a watch that tells time in binary or something, but the ones I saw were a bit too flashy for me.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
dpatel304 said:
But I'm open to whatever suggestions you may have. Not really willing to shell out over $80 for this. Also, it would be cool to have something that could possibly show off my nerdy side as well. I was thinking along the lines of a watch that tells time in binary or something, but the ones I saw were a bit too flashy for me.

nerdy, cool, cheap (i'm sure someone will disagree but i love it)

414P41MueCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Enron

Banned
Alucrid said:
:lol

well at least returns are free. Now I have to go looking for a new one. Anyone have suggestions for a fall jacket?

Barbour Sapper. Im in the process of hunting one down that won't cost an arm and a leg. (FU Orvis)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Avocado said:
I know a girl who's been wearing a watch like that for years. My inner 10 year old envies her.

i'm wearing one right now!

other cool people who wear them from cinema and television:
- marty mcfly of back to the future
- walter white of breaking bad
- dan dunne of half nelson

it's a classic.

RaGe_pt

Do you guys now any sites or blogs that have dressing tips for a young person like myself (21 years old) and that keep up with what the major dressing stores are selling nowadays?

l1nkown

Neo Member
I'm 17 years old and i'm really skinny. Below a 28 waist. 26 and 27 are fine, but they're usually like 26/26 or 27/27 which end up being too short. Does anyone know where I can get pants or jeans that are like 26/28 or 27/28 or even 26/30 and 27/30?

Also, can someone send my an invite for Jackthreads? I believe you get $10 when I make a purchase.

bob page

l1nkown said:
I'm 17 years old and i'm really skinny. Below a 28 waist. 26 and 27 are fine, but they're usually like 26/26 or 27/27 which end up being too short. Does anyone know where I can get pants or jeans that are like 26/28 or 27/28 or even 26/30 and 27/30?

Also, can someone send my an invite for Jackthreads? I believe you get $10 when I make a purchase.
What's your email?

Alucrid

Banned
I still don't get mandatory business attire. Once I get to work I never put on my jacket again unless I'm meeting with someone, even then that's only once a week, if that.

dpatel304

beelzebozo said:
nerdy, cool, cheap (i'm sure someone will disagree but i love it)

414P41MueCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not a bad idea. Had one of those back in middle school (about 15 years ago). May try and find a watch with pretty much the same face but maybe a slightly sleeker look. I like the idea you have, though. Thanks.

ianp622

l1nkown said:

Just got some pants from yoox.com that were 27 waist, and they run a little longer than I'm used to - maybe 30 or 31. They bunch up at the bottom, which avoids the hipster look while still being trim (although in my case, I suppose I am temporarily sacrificing sperm lifespan in the name of fashion).

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
dpatel304 said:
Not a bad idea. Had one of those back in middle school (about 15 years ago). May try and find a watch with pretty much the same face but maybe a slightly sleeker look. I like the idea you have, though. Thanks.

paul frank?

paulfrank_95023.jpg

Thai

Bane was better.
Guys,

where Can i find an almost-knee length, fitted, single breasted trench coat?

I'm looking for something like this but a bit longer:

317230_10150872038840507_528680506_20745055_1780267060_n.jpg

(the image is from ioffer, and I couldn't find anything similar at all...)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
How much are you looking to spend?

And yeah those boots are ugly as sin. Just get some LL Bean Boots

So what does GAF recommend for a winter jacket? It's not going to be sweater weather here for much longer, and I'm going to have to start bundling up again. I'm going to need something pretty warm as well, as it can easily be -30 to -40 degrees Celsius here in the winter.

Shalashaska161 said:
So what does GAF recommend for a winter jacket? It's not going to be sweater weather here for much longer, and I'm going to have to start bundling up again. I'm going to need something pretty warm as well, as it can easily be -30 to -40 degrees Celsius here in the winter.

Peacoats, peacoats, peacoats

As for the trenchcoat question, go into your local thrift store. I picked up a navy double-breasted number that just fits so damn well. Gonna have to get it tailored though for the knee length, but that shouldn't be much. I always see a bunch of single breasteds too

RJNavarrete said:
I find those ugly as shit.

Are they for a specific purpose that I just dont understand? Like Working out in the snow or walking to work in subzero temps or something? Otherwise yeah that look horrendous to me..

bob page

Shalashaska161 said:
Wool peacoat. You can easily dress it up or down, too.

clip

Boots dudes.

I like the look of the Red Wing Heritage Line, but I didn't see any in size 14 or higher.

I haven't found anything appealing by just filtering boots and size 14 on Zappos.

So where can I find some good looking boots for big feet?

Enron

Banned
clip said:
Boots dudes.

I like the look of the Red Wing Heritage Line, but I didn't see any in size 14 or higher.

I haven't found anything appealing by just filtering boots and size 14 on Zappos.

So where can I find some good looking boots for big feet?

How much are you willing to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom