• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
tumblr_miplnjNYIz1qg4knho1_400.jpg

Nips on blast.

wow that is sexy. i would wear that if i had that body.

Kraftwerk

I really like my Iron Rangers but I don't like brogue at all man

i completely ag

wtf at that pinky

Wolverine. Brouging looks odd on heavy work boots IMO

Agreed 100%. I'm not a huge fan of brouging in general but I think it looks particularly out of place on boots like that.

jacknicholson.gif

I see where you guys are coming from. I guess I'll get the Iron Rangers. I tried them on too, fit really well. They were no sale too.

I might get the wolverines another day. I just don't want to get one before trying them on, and not a single shop around me has them.

I too dig that first outfit, Sean. I think it's got just the right amount of black. In fact, I don't think there's anything I'd change at all. Looks beautiful.

I really love this W+H 2013 FW jacket

g1ELLZK.png
Yep. That's a great jacket, though I love just about camel color anything.

Has anyone heard of Last Night Parade?
I picked up a coat of theirs from Urban outfitters for £20, down for £120 and I cant find anything to do with the company other than two links back to Urban outfitters site.

Its a peacoat material, black and done like biker jacket. Sounds abit odd on paper but it looks pretty good. Hard to say no for £20 and really it only has to last me till the end of March (I go traveling till June in asia after that).

Bad pic of it:

Has anyone heard of Last Night Parade?
I picked up a coat of theirs from Urban outfitters for £20, down for £120 and I cant find anything to do with the company other than two links back to Urban outfitters site.

Its a peacoat material, black and done like biker jacket. Sounds abit odd on paper but it looks pretty good. Hard to say no for £20 and really it only has to last me till the end of March (I go traveling till June in asia after that).

Bad pic of it:
It's probably a Urban Outfitters subsidiary brand then. Pretty sure Urban designs their own stuff under a number of different names. The big department stores do that and I'm almost positive they do as well.

Nothing wrong with that but that's probably why you're finding relatively small info.

Uh oh, I just found out about Granted

Handmade sweaters from just over in Vancouver? I'm going to need a lot more money than I have now
Whoa. Those sweaters will turn anyone into a king christmas time. I'd never drop $300+ on it but that campfire bear one is so awesome.

It's probably a Urban Outfitters subsidiary brand then. Pretty sure Urban designs their own stuff under a number of different names. The big department stores do that and I'm almost positive they do as well.

Nothing wrong with that but that's probably why you're finding relatively small info.

Whoa. Those sweaters will turn anyone into a king christmas time. I'd never drop $300+ on it but that campfire bear one is so awesome.

Ohhhhh. I guess that makes sense. Well for £20 it fits well and my gf says I look good in it so its all good.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I like that peacoat a lot. Where is it from?

I'm a bit fed up with my peacoat. It's my fault for not returning and getting the smaller size, but it's just too baggy for my taste. I need to check on tailoring but I also want to look at longer peacoats. Mine is only to the waist.

You're joking, right?

Haha, yes. I'm still not sure how it sheens like that when it's supposedly made out of cotton.

I am thinking about a new suit though and was wondering if there's certain brand/cut that I should look at for having big shoulders. I'm 44 chest but only a 34 waist and it seems like most brands don't taper much and it doesn't look as flattering and from looking online it seems to be due to the big difference in waist/chest measurements. Seems most people are only like 6" or so difference.

Are there certain brands that would be a better cut considering that? I'm assuming I'll have to have it tailored either way but if there's certain ones that would be closer and don't need as much tailoring I would think would be better.

Wow, 4 buttons, shiny, and with a string bean tie.

Most OTR is drop 6. Some are 8. 10? That is gonna need tailoring. Pulling in the waist an inch or two isn't a huge thing. Further than that the pockets will get closer together etc; might look off.

Wow, 4 buttons, shiny, and with a string bean tie.

Most OTR is drop 6. Some are 8. 10? That is gonna need tailoring. Pulling in the waist an inch or two isn't a huge thing. Further than that the pockets will get closer together etc; might look off.

That's what I figured. I'll see if I can find some that are 8 then I guess so it's not as much tapering. I guess I should just go for overall look/feel and then have it tailored.

Antagon

Haha, yes. I'm still not sure how it sheens like that when it's supposedly made out of cotton.

I am thinking about a new suit though and was wondering if there's certain brand/cut that I should look at for having big shoulders. I'm 44 chest but only a 34 waist and it seems like most brands don't taper much and it doesn't look as flattering and from looking online it seems to be due to the big difference in waist/chest measurements. Seems most people are only like 6" or so difference.

Are there certain brands that would be a better cut considering that? I'm assuming I'll have to have it tailored either way but if there's certain ones that would be closer and don't need as much tailoring I would think would be better.

You should look into a made to measure suit. If you got a difficult size, that's probably your best option. Doesn't have to be too expensive either, I got a made to measure s150 cashmere/wool suit for 400 euros. Construction at that price point isn't the best obviously, but it still holds up with most OTR suits pretty well, except for maybe suit supply's half canvassed suits.

You should look into a made to measure suit. If you got a difficult size, that's probably your best option. Doesn't have to be too expensive either, I got a made to measure s150 cashmere/wool suit for 400 euros. Construction at that price point isn't the best obviously, but it still holds up with most OTR suits pretty well, except for maybe suit supply's half canvassed suits.

I wouldn't mind it, but literally my only hangup is I don't know where to look locally and I'm always afraid that once I get it, it won't look as good as I hope. :/

Man, wait till you guys see the Naked & Famous FW13 stuff. No gimmicks, just a bunch of new colors and great materials. I think you guys will really dig them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom