• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

Man, wait till you guys see the Naked & Famous FW13 stuff. No gimmicks, just a bunch of new colors and great materials. I think you guys will really dig them.

Awesome. cannot wait.

And speaking of N&F; I just got a pair of the deep indigo selvage. Feel great and look amazing.

I need gimmicks. It's what I run on.
You'll love the shirts then.

You work for Blue Owl right? Do you know how often/they handle shipping to the UK?
We ship to the UK and the stuff goes out pretty quick from what I've seen (48hrs?). Can't say I know how long it actually takes to get there though.

Awesome. cannot wait.

And speaking of N&F; I just got a pair of the deep indigo selvage. Feel great and look amazing.
Nice are those what you ended up going with instead of the Royalcast?

Shiv47

Man, wait till you guys see the Naked & Famous FW13 stuff. No gimmicks, just a bunch of new colors and great materials. I think you guys will really dig them.

Damn, you work at Blue Owl? So when are the forest green selvedge going up on the site, I think I'm going to be grabbing a pair of those...

Kraftwerk

Nice are those what you ended up going with instead of the Royalcast?

Not me. I went to the store to grab a pair of the pomegranate selvage, but they did not have my size. The indigo purchase was an impulse buy ;p

I looked around online, and seems like you guys - Blue Owl - are the only ones who have the pomegranate in my size. Will probably order it next week.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Thought about trying on those new N&F jeans at Nordstrom a few days ago so I could finally get an idea of what (if anything) $250 denim offers over my $40 Levi's, but naturally there were none close to my size. Bleah.

I also saw a Seattle-based fashion Tumblr dude in the store, which was weird, and he was apparently attending the Oscars last night. What a life.

Kraftwerk

Hmmmm...

Nobody seems to have any slim fit black shirts in stock. I am specifically looking for the ones from either Gitman Vintage or Naked & Famous. I guess I will have to wait until spring for them to be restocked.

Sale jacket from J. Crew arrived. I'm starting to realize that I guess my style is more nautical/British countryside than anything lol.

C7795930-DB57-4209-9409-9D534DA9F690-2843-000001FD0E8FE402_zps39e7835f.jpg

Damn, you work at Blue Owl? So when are the forest green selvedge going up on the site, I think I'm going to be grabbing a pair of those...
I do but I'm like literally brand new there so I can't answer everything. I do know that we have some green selvedge right now, it just might not be on the site yet. Not sure if it's the forest green you're referring to but it's definitely green. I'll take another look when I'm in tomorrow and report back.

Not me. I went to the store to grab a pair of the pomegranate selvage, but they did not have my size. The indigo purchase was an impulse buy ;p

I looked around online, and seems like you guys - Blue Owl - are the only ones who have the pomegranate in my size. Will probably order it next week.
Whoops, you're right, that wasn't you. Regardless, that's great that you got the indigos. I own a pair of those and they've been great. Going on 3 years now with them and they're still in great condition.

The pomegranate are awesome. I've always wanted those I just don't have enough in my wardrobe to pair with them. They're great jeans though.

Thought about trying on those new N&F jeans at Nordstrom a few days ago so I could finally get an idea of what (if anything) $250 denim offers over my $40 Levi's, but naturally there were none close to my size. Bleah.

I also saw a Seattle-based fashion Tumblr dude in the store, which was weird, and he was apparently attending the Oscars last night. What a life.
The biggest difference between $250 jeans and $40 jeans is the material and craftsmanship. That's not to say Levi's aren't good, they are, particularly for the price, but for $40 they generally use cheap cotton and poor stitching hence not lasting as long as something maybe with better materials and better work. Most $250 should last you at least 5 years if not longer depending on how hard you are on your denim. There aren't many $40 jeans that can say that.

I ended up grabbing some N&F Skinny Vintage Dungarees. I was going to grab some Skinny Royalcasts, but my size is sold out. Ah well, I'll probably grab a pair during Summer.
I really like those Vintage Dungarees. I'd be getting those if I didn't already have my eye on some of the FW13 stuff.

Antagon

Got an east coast US trip planned for September this year, so I might drop by Blue Owl to check some stuff out. if I'm getting a Momotaro I guess that would be the best time, since that saves me around 20% import taxes. How are the Blue Owl x Momotaro collabs btw?

Yeah, FW13 is what I'm waiting for. Until then I can buy other stuffs.
The nice thing about summer is that generally fashion is pretty affordable. I mean you probably aren't buying wool blazers and 22oz denim like you would in the fall. It's mostly t-shirts, lightweight button ups, and shorts, which are generally relatively cheap.

At least that's how it goes for me until I start prepping for fall during the summer. So now that I think about it, I guess there's really no calm point.

Got an east coast US trip planned for September this year, so I might drop by Blue Owl to check some stuff out. if I'm getting a Momotaro I guess that would be the best time, since that saves me around 20% import taxes. How are the Blue Owl x Momotaro collabs btw?
You mean West Coast, yeah? The shop is in Seattle.

I haven't worn the Blue Owl x Momotaro collabs but I do have some hands on experience with them and they're a fantastic quality denim. Jay, the owner of Blue Owl, knows more about denim than anyone I've ever met (way more than most designers too) so it's only natural for his collaborations to reflect that. Plus, it's Momotaro, so you know it's going to be good.

Those are cool. I'm surprised there aren't more entirely black boots on the market.

Antagon

The nice thing about summer is that generally fashion is pretty affordable. I mean you probably aren't buying wool blazers and 22oz denim like you would in the fall. It's mostly t-shirts, lightweight button ups, and shorts, which are generally relatively cheap.

At least that's how it goes for me until I start prepping for fall during the summer. So now that I think about it, I guess there's really no calm point.

You mean West Coast, yeah? The shop is in Seattle.

I haven't worn the Blue Owl x Momotaro collabs but I do have some hands on experience with them and they're a fantastic quality denim. Jay, the owner of Blue Owl, knows more about denim than anyone I've ever met so it's only natural for his collaborations to reflect that. Plus, it's Momotaro, so you know it's going to be good.

Those are cool. I'm surprised there aren't more entirely black boots on the market.

Nope, east coast. Google suggestions showed blue owl NYC, but guess that's not the store. Too bad, would be cool. Guess I'll look for some good stores in NYC / Boston then.

Nope, east coast. Google suggestions showed blue owl NYC, but guess that's not the store. Too bad, would be cool. Guess I'll look for some good stores in NYC / Boston then.
Bummer, that would've been cool. Regardless, you shouldn't have a problem finding Momotaro in New York and/or Boston. Pretty sure there are a few NYC Manshion-GAF members that might be able to suggest a place or two to check out.

Enjoy your trip! Both New York and Boston are fantastic cities.

friday

I have had my weird guy duck canvas pants for over a weekend now. I love the texture and the color of the canvas. I really like the weird guy fit also. I am happy I grabbed these on ebay, I dont even know if N&F makes these anymore.

Edit: Never mind, I see Blue Owl has it.

Kraftwerk

The store near me e-mailed me that the N&F Selvedge Duck had arrived. I was very excited, as it looked awesome in the picture;

This is what it looks like in-person;

They aren't bad, but I wanted to be as bright as the picture. Already have a few pair of jeans/chinos in that color of the first picture..

Anyway..

Picked up two shirts instead. From a brand called - United Stock Dry Goods.

They look and feel absolutely incredible. Perfect fit too. Got a chambray and a light blue oxford. Materials from Japan and then stitched/made in U.S.A and Canada.

The store near me e-mailed me that the N&F Selvedge Duck had arrived. I was very excited, as it looked awesome in the picture;

This is what it looks like in-person;

Maybe I am stupid, but I wanted to be as bright as the picture. Already have a few pair of jeans/chinos in that color of the first picture..

Anyway..

Picked up two shirts instead. From a brad called - United Stock Dry Goods.

They look and feel absolutely incredible. Perfect fit too. Got a chambray and a light blue oxford. Materials from Japan and then stitched/made in U.S.A and Canada.
They're definitely darker than that first photo but I don't think the difference is that drastic. Regardless, if you're looking for something along the lines of the first photo you're better off searching for khaki and/or tan pants. I don't think there's anything that fits the bill from Naked & Famous at the moment color wise.

Also, United Stock Dry Goods is a very solid brand. They're a new brand (just over a year), which is why they're relatively unknown. All Japanese materials and the shirts you picked up would've been made in Canada. I'm looking at picking up a few of their gingham patterned ones in a few weeks I think.

EDIT: For some reason didn't see your part about Japanese materials and being made in Canada. So yeah, you get the idea. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom