• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVOL 100%

1VMJZu5.jpeg
Bought these for $30. They're surprisingly comfortable.

EVOL 100%

Oh well, at least they were cheap.

I think they look okay, but that might be because of the novelty of wearing dressy shoes for the first time.

Lunchbox

Banned
i ordered this shirt and have some wayfarers to go with it in the spring. what kinda pants and shoes should go with it. loafers are too office office esque. i wanna give that im rich but i dont like showing it walking down mainstreet vibe

kZEMAdG.png

Alucrid

Banned
i ordered this shirt and have some wayfarers to go with it in the spring. what kinda pants and shoes should go with it. loafers are too office office esque. i wanna give that im rich but i dont like showing it walking down mainstreet vibe

http://i.imgur.com/kZEMAdG.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

i don't know what you're talking about so i'll throw out the generic and boring example of chinos + vans/purcell/other random low profile shoe

where can i buy some of these n&f pants? i just got my tax return bitches.
Barney's and Nordstrom downtown carry limited quantities. They don't have a lot of the really cool stuff though. If you want, you can set up an appointment at the Blue Owl (Fremont) showroom and check them out there too. Depending on the day I might be in the shop.

Does United Stock Dry Goods sell online?
We're actually gearing up to launch a few United Stock Dry Goods products in the next week at Blue Owl too. I'm working on the introduction posts as we speak.

coldvein

Banned
Barney's and Nordstrom downtown carry limited quantities. They don't have a lot of the really cool stuff though. If you want, you can set up an appointment at the Blue Owl (Fremont) showroom and check them out there too. Depending on the day I might be in the shop.

an appointment!? i'd feel like id have to buy a whole new outfit so i can go to my jeans buying appointment! IM IN OVER MY HEAD

*bails out*

kaskade

I think I'm going to use Blue Owl to buy a pair of N&F in the near future. I'm kinda skeptical about buying online but the measurements they provide are really helpful. Not really sure if I should go skinny or slim though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
We're actually gearing up to launch a few United Stock Dry Goods products in the next week at Blue Owl too. I'm working on the introduction posts as we speak.

Do you work for Blue Owl or USDG? Either way, that's awesome! Is it mostly going to be pants and the like, or are there going to be shirts as well?

On the bright side, at least that guy is probably really warm.

an appointment!? i'd feel like id have to buy a whole new outfit so i can go to my jeans buying appointment! IM IN OVER MY HEAD

*bails out*
The shop is appointment only because it's not really a retail store and it's small. We don't have the capacity to house a bunch of people coming in off the street. It's not appointment in the sense that there are expectations you buy anything, it's more or less just for preparation purposes.

Duly noted. Thinking about it, I only have jeans in my wardrobe. Time for some shopping.
You should look into buying some chinos. They're a good alternative to jeans and can be worn with a lot of the same items. Plus, they're great for spring and summer time. A deep blue would look great with those loafers.

I think I'm going to use Blue Owl to buy a pair of N&F in the near future. I'm kinda skeptical about buying online but the measurements they provide are really helpful. Not really sure if I should go skinny or slim though.
If it makes you feel better, Jay (the owner) is extremely meticulous with the measurements to assure that they are spot on. He literally measures every single pair that comes into the shop, even if that style has been measured before, making sure there aren't any irregularities.

There are going to be a lot more options in the Skinny Guy fit than there will be Slim Guy. Naked & Famous only makes like 8 styles in Slim Guy.

Do you work for Blue Owl or USDG? Either way, that's awesome! Is it mostly going to be pants and the like, or are there going to be shirts as well?
Blue Owl. Shirts in March, pants in April.

http://i.imgur.com/kZEMAdG.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Go into topman or Zara with some pictures out of gq and tell a sales assistant you don't know how to dress yourself please help

Need shorts for spring/summer. Please help. I have incredibly ugly, bulky legs, but am still not self concious enough to avoid shorts. Looking for more neutral colors blue/grey/white/tan but would consider a few summer colors (yellow/red/bright blue).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Speaking of shorts, I have some questions. A bit in depth ones too.

I have a wedding ill be going to in San Diego at the end of May. First off, what should I wear to the wedding? Was planning chinos, button up, skinny tie. That work? Won't be too hot? If that works, what color combos? Lighter?

Second, we'll be staying past the wedding for some vacation. What should I wear then? I started grabbing some chino shorts last year (they're tan), and have one pair of Sperrys that are grey. Should I use those shorts and just plain tees with Sperrys? Maybe ill get a brown pair of Sperry's too. So, plain tee (black, grey, blue, etc), tan chino shorts, Sperry's (grey pair, brown pair). Done? Or should I look for some other color combos of shorts?

I need to start buying now, so what do you guys suggest?

Speaking of shorts, I have some questions. A bit in depth ones too.

I have a wedding ill be going to in San Diego at the end of May. First off, what should I wear to the wedding? Was planning chinos, button up, skinny tie. That work? Won't be too hot? If that works, what color combos? Lighter?

Second, we'll be staying past the wedding for some vacation. What should I wear then? I started grabbing some chino shorts last year (they're tan), and have one pair of Sperrys that are grey. Should I use one shorts and just plain tees with Sperrys? Maybe ill get a brown pair of Sperry's too. So, plain tee (black, grey, blue, etc), tan chino shorts, Sperry's (grey pair, brown pair). Done?

I need to start buying now, so what do you guys suggest?

For the wedding when you mean Chino's are you meaning trousers or shorts? I'm hoping you're not saying shorts, but considering how you opened that post, I'm not sure. Chino's can be fine, but honestly for something like a formal event like a wedding I would still go dress pants. I'm a big fan of light grey dress pants/blazer for formal in the spring/summer, if you can find something like that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For the wedding when you mean Chino's are you meaning trousers or shorts? I'm hoping you're not saying shorts, but considering how you opened that post, I'm not sure. Chino's can be fine, but honestly for something like a formal event like a wedding I would still go dress pants. I'm a big fan of light grey dress pants/blazer for formal in the spring/summer, if you can find something like that.

Nooooo, not shorts for the wedding. Chinos as in the pants I wear to work with button ups. I have grey chinos now that I love wearing with a black or dark blue button up, I was thinking of grabbing a tie to match. I just had a feeling it might get warm if I wear dark colors.

Johnny M

kZEMAdG.png

Why not? Loafers are perfect with a beige chinos or light blue jeans and that shirt. Also, blucher shoes are great as well.

Kraftwerk

Blue Owl. Shirts in March, pants in April.

Sweet. As soon as I get my tax return I'm blowing it all at the blueowl on slim shirts.

Speaking of shirts; another shout-out and recommendation for United Stock Dry Goods. It's only been one say since I got their shirts, but they are incredible . Fit is amazing and the material is great. Highly, highly recommended.

Zekes!

How do you guys feel about Clark's Desert Troopers? I'm not a huge fan of the classic gum sole, and have been thinking about giving these a shot as an alternative

edit: I was on my phone earlier so here's a photo of what I'm considering:

effe

Banned
^fucking haute. You need to be tall to wear that though, so don't try that shit if you're 5'6". So many short people on campus try to pull of some rick owens/missoni layering shit when they're fat and short.

^fucking haute. You need to be tall to wear that though, so don't try that shit if you're 5'6". So many short people on campus try to pull of some rick owens/missoni layering shit when they're fat and short.

Actually I am 5'6" and thin, so I guess that is a no.

Sad...

don't like the rib finish on the bottom, seems out of place on something so drapey, like a sweater was reappropriated into another garment but not in a provocative anne valerie hash/margiela kind of way.

edit: I should get more mcqueen. I only have a couple of things. they cut nice and interesting formal garments.

mcqueen shirts/blazers/coats >>>>>>>>>> bombers. IMO. something perverse and indulgent about those mcqueen prints/fabrics on formal items that doesn't really carry over to casual stuff.

applies to viktor and rolf as well.

effe

Banned
i definitely see what you're saying. i own nothing in mcqueen and have yet to see any male wearing him in person though. might be a different experience when looking at his stuff irl.

this completes the trifecta tho

Can someone post what they feel is a good example of this long t-shirt layering style that seems to be so popular right now (not sure what it's called)?

Thus far the only examples I've seen have been hideous, and while I know this style isn't for me, I'd still like to educate myself on some good examples to go along with the bad.

edit: I don't know much about drapes so I cannot help you.

i definitely see what you're saying. i own nothing in mcqueen and have yet to see any male wearing him in person though. might be a different experience when looking at his stuff irl.

this completes the trifecta tho
yeah. Imagine wearing that shirt with that tie and under a simple suit in a neutral sand/khaki/etc. total indulgence.

I kinda want to do this now heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom