• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
haha he's wearing the mmmxhm boots. but yeah, guidi something, buttero something, wjk something, etc. would be better

also my guidis are supposed to ship this month....*looks at calendar*

effe

Banned
haha he's wearing the mmmxhm boots. but yeah, guidi something, buttero something, wjk something, etc. would be better

also my guidis are supposed to ship this month....*looks at calendar*
you're turning me on with this guidi talk

bow
gui0108007col_02_medium.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
i ordered this shirt and have some wayfarers to go with it in the spring. what kinda pants and shoes should go with it. loafers are too office office esque. i wanna give that im rich but i dont like showing it walking down mainstreet vibe

kZEMAdG.png

Because you bought a shirt with buttons?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So anyone on summer and wedding tips?

Wedding I'll do the chinos and button up, just trying to figure what color of each (and shoes/belt).

Summer/vacation gear should I just grab a few colors of chino shorts and some plain tees to go with Sperrys? All I have are grey ones now, thinking of getting brown too.

Alucrid

Banned
Because you bought a shirt with buttons?

do you not see that monogram? fucking baller

So anyone on summer and wedding tips?

Wedding I'll do the chinos and button up, just trying to figure what color of each (and shoes/belt).

Summer/vacation gear should I just grab a few colors of chino shorts and some plain tees to go with Sperrys? All I have are grey ones now, thinking of getting brown too.

i'd help but i don't even know what i'm doing for summer. probably high tops, shorts and tanks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
deadly: something like this:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ha...&utm_campaign=PCGOOGLEP3&codes-processed=true

and this
http://www.walkover.com/Walkover-Derby--in-White-Suede-color
WM0001-540xauto.png

and you will take a screaming dump on everyone else without being too showy.

Amazing. Not sure I can pull that off at all. :)

What if I just went with grey chinos and a white button up, and found some shoes? I need something awesome that's not going to break the bank, and that I can actually pull off. I have black thicker glasses too, so sunglasses won't work.

I already got the Nike blazer suggestion, but what are some good shoes for shorts outside of Sperrys?

ok, failing a suit, definitely get white shoes like the ones I posted. bass has them for around $100 i think. wear a blazer if you can, or a cardigan. don't just let your shirt hang out all lonely-like.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ok, failing a suit, definitely get white shoes like the ones I posted. bass has them for around $100 i think. wear a blazer if you can, or a cardigan. don't just let your shirt hang out all lonely-like.

I'd never go untucked to a wedding! Especially in chinos.

Never worn a cardigan either, have never been able to actually picture myself in one, I don't have those dashing good looks to pull one off without looking odd. Ill check some out though. Grey pants though? I can't picture this in my head, it just looks horrible on me. :p

A blazer like this, with grey pants and white shoes? White undershirt?

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/...d=dept20000014&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

Not $300 but it could work.

Summer, for me, is all about chinos and shorts in the right fit and right color. It's all about stonewashed oxford shirts and tank tops. Most important of all, you gotta get the nicest sunglasses possible.

Deadly Cyclone, if you're looking for a summer blazer get a cotton one (like the seersucker you posted). For your wedding, I'd add in some color if possible. Pink and/or Lavender are great spring colors. You don't have to go all out and get pink chinos (though I have some and they are rad), but maybe you can find a nice gingham patterned shirt in one of those colors? Tuck your shirt in (#teamtucked), roll up your sleeves and unbutton the first two buttons of your shirt and you're good to go. Make sure the shirt is neatly pressed of course.

Summer, for me, is all about chinos and shorts in the right fit and right color. It's all about stonewashed oxford shirts and tank tops. Most important of all, you gotta get the nicest sunglasses possible.
Midnights what do you think about these shades? They're the ones in my avatar. I love them and am considering picking them up in black this summer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Fit and color for chino shorts is my biggest issue. I'm terrible at color combos. Also I'd go with plain tees over tank tops, I'd think I'd look bad in a tank top, even with decent arms. :p

Deadly Cyclone, if you're looking for a summer blazer get a cotton one (like the seersucker you posted). For your wedding, I'd add in some color if possible. Pink and/or Lavender are great spring colors. You don't have to go all out and get pink chinos (though I have some and they are rad), but maybe you can find a nice gingham patterned shirt in one of those colors? Tuck your shirt in (#teamtucked), roll up your sleeves and unbutton the first two buttons of your shirt and you're good to go. Make sure the shirt is neatly pressed of course.

Hmm, I'll check some stuff out. That blazer is in stock here in town, maybe I'll look at it. I've literally never work a coat/blazer except at weddings I was actually in.

Maybe some blue chinos and a white button up? Not sure about the white shoes, what other color shoes do I go with, just brown? With that blazer of course.

I just need pictures of the colors/combos I should be looking for. I'll figure it out.

lolmark

I'm interested in buying a denim jacket, but not sure what kind of pants to pair up with it. Is the Canadian Tux still a social stigma?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Instead of plain tees trying getting a pocket tee or v-neck or scoop neck. Give it little bit of flavor.

I have debated doing the V neck thing for a long time. Every time I try one on it just looks so odd on me, most likely because I'm not used to it. I'll have to post a pic. I need to go shopping, hopefully some spring/summer stuff starts coming out soon. Chino shorts is the main goal, in multiple colors (if I can figure out how to match shirt colors to them).

I have debated doing the V neck thing for a long time. Every time I try one on it just looks so odd on me, most likely because I'm not used to it. I'll have to post a pic. I need to go shopping, hopefully some spring/summer stuff starts coming out soon. Chino shorts is the main goal, in multiple colors (if I can figure out how to match shirt colors to them).

Can't go wrong with color shorts and white shirt.

Kraftwerk

Looking for a lightweight spring jacket. Something navy or tan. Slim fit preferably. I have seen some stuff from Baracuta online, but don't know antthing about their quality or how 'spring friendly' they are.

Minimalism is key for me.

kaskade

I think I'm going to try and get a couple of the j. crew t shirts before I go away. I'll see if I can get to a mall this weekend or just get them when I get there.

effe

Banned
um. No. People have been draping and playing with proportions for a long time. Form fitting wear will never go out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom