• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got these for summer,

805289307662_shad_qt

Shiv47

I'm really tempted by the TOJ varsity, but being just past 40, I don't want to look like desperate old dude trying to be too young. Still, the fact that it's minimal in design maybe mitigates that somewhat.

Looking through his tumblr... ToJ's Secret Parka definitely caught my attention despite not living in a place that would require such a thing.

One of these days though, I need to get a new peacoat. Perhaps ToJ may have what I want.

I love and want that TOJ jacket. How do I buy it? Is there a link somewhere on their tumblr?

Also, I just got my Varvatos boots in today. I love them, but they make me look a little... bottom heavy. Does anyone have any good tips on wearing boots?

Kraftwerk

Oh, fak. That's a lot of work. The things I do for fashion...

Well, that's one problem solved. One more to go!

I also just saw this on the page for the jacket:

Size options: You may adjust the sleeve or body lengths appropriately. No other customizations.

I guess this one doesn't involve all that in-depth and meticulous measurement taking. Just need height, weight and sleeve length. Maybe I am wrong..

I will e-mail them tomorrow and see what they need for that jacket.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I know there's a (non-moving) Hair OT, but posting here because I've mentioned my hair before. Got a cut today and the stylist tried something new. Basically what you guys mentioned (which I had before) but to a greater degree, and no bangs.

Still deciding if I like it, the no bangs is a big difference for me. Thoughts?

have wayfers come and gone? am i ok to get a pair or is that wave still going and ill look like an ass?

I was under the impression that wayfarers are pretty timeless so they'll always be around.

If anything, get a pair that fits your face more than just sticking with OG wayfarers (as in frame size, not just Ray-Bans). For instance, I get RB's new wayfarers because my face is smaller so regular wayfarers look wrong while new wayfarers fit my face more properly.

coldvein

Banned
mr cyclone just shave your head dude. fuck. we all have receding hairlines. paying somebody to build your receding hairline into something fashionable just makes you look chumpy. shave that shit.

mooooose

i think everyone who is balding should shave their head but for a lot of people that wouldnt suit them... mr cyclone is one. like clearly the dude likes fashion a lot and his hair, so why cut it? he isnt some schlub with receding hair that looks shitty, it looks good. as a man who has a receding hairline that went bald for a long time and has now come back to hair, do what you want to do. his haircut suits him, shaving works if you have no other ideas, options, or you're hella alpha.

having said that i have gotten the itch to shave it again but im only 21 and i spent the last two years shaving it and i have only had hair again for about a year, but my hairline is getting worse and worse. i may just have to cut my hair shorter or something its too long i think now.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
mr cyclone just shave your head dude. fuck. we all have receding hairlines. paying somebody to build your receding hairline into something fashionable just makes you look chumpy. shave that shit.

This is the first time I've ever heard this. I am not going bald by any means. I've always had a high hairline and a big forehead. That's why I was wondering if the cut would suit me. Here's me a while back last summer. When I let my hair grow it's super long and thick. One thing I don't have to worry about is going bald. :p This isn't even as long as the bangs get.

So it's a bit funny that people think I'm going bald. I have super thick and long hair. I just have always had a big forehead and high hairline. Fashion Gaf convinced me to get rid of the bangs and go shorter.

coldvein

Banned
maybe what i said was uncalled for. my balding self just lashing out. im sorry. youre a handsome fella. but you look like you're really trying hard. you will one day find a look that just looks .... natural. youre not there yet, but you will be.

im a scrub btw.

tumblr_llzoqoqbuN1qg2djeo1_500_zps1d99871e.png

edit: seriously, i apologize for my dickish comments. i've drank way too much today. one love

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
maybe what i said was uncalled for. my balding self just lashing out. im sorry. youre a handsome fella. but you look like you're really trying hard. you will one day find a look that just looks .... natural. youre not there yet, but you will be.

im a scrub btw.

Hey I don't take offense. :p

I've always used bangs because of my big forehead, so that's why I took it slow when everyone here said to try less bangs. I have very thick long hair though, just a massive forehead.

coldvein

Banned
I've always used bangs because of my big forehead, so that's why I took it slow when everyone here said to try less bangs. I have very thick long hair though, just a massive forehead.

dude, i'm in the same place. i've been losing hair on the sides for a couple years now. but my "middle" hair is still ready to grow long and strong, and you better believe i let it hang all over my forehead.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
dude, i'm in the same place. i've been losing hair on the sides for a couple years now. but my "middle" hair is still ready to grow long and strong, and you better believe i let it hang all over my forehead.

Yeah, I don't think I've actually lost any. Just always had that huge forehead. :p

Still trying to decide if I like the new cut, I think I do. Now if I can actually recreate it in the morning...

deadly we will rebuild you. piece by piece. now imagine you and your swaggy haircut in a swaggy suit with fly laceups and dope shades cleaning up at a wedding. IMAGINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom