• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting since I got the last post on the page.

For macuser. Obviously I'd need the rest of the outfit, but there's your blazer. :p
looks good. doesn't jive much with what you're wearing (i'm sure you know that :p). just make sure your sleeves are tidy and you're good to go. now get some nice cotton chinos and white shoes:

BUCKINGHAMWHT_lg.jpg

https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/cat...fm/category/Casuals/group/bassmens//start/all (down the page a bit) ... $90 seems good to me.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You look like you were dressed by committee.

You realize the blazer is just what I was showing right? I was in a dressing room. :p
The other stuff (plain tee, dark jeans, Clark's) were what I was wearing today.

It is a bit oddly fit, but it's from a department store, so figures. I just wanted to see if it even looked right on me. I'd for sure need chinos, a button up, etc. Still deciding on what to get and if I want a blazer. What color pants/button up would I go with?

EDIT: Feel Good, where'd you grab all that at? I like the looks a lot. I'm bad at matching colors, etc, but you nailed it.

Reposting since I got the last post on the page.

For macuser. Obviously I'd need the rest of the outfit, but there's your blazer. :p
OHHH! The fashion evolution of Deadly Cyclone has hit a new peak. No more wrinkled polos, he's finally made it into blazer territory!

It looks pretty good on you. What's the size and did you try on a size down? It looks a little long but that might just be how your standing. Regardless, I think it's always good to try a number or sizes, particularly with blazers, because certain brands/designers cut them differently. Either way, I'm glad to see you starting to branch out more and more. You're looking better and better every day.

I think it looks pretty good. I would get it tailored too and look real sharp.

Picked up a few things today on the cheap. Nothing to special, but prepping for spring/summer. Combined with the new sunglasses that I've bought since last summer.
Nice pickups, dude. That striped shirt in particular looks really good on you.

One thing Cyclone needs to remember is it's what he wants to wear. Coming in here asking about every little detail like it's an answer to a math question is gonna make him look he's putting on someone else's clothes.

Just be yourself, wear what you feel is right.

Got some chambray shirts from Uniqlo yesterday - black & red. May get a few more colors next time I go.

Anyways, I also picked up this shirt at j. crew yesterday but need some tie color ideas if I were to dress it up:

E9F7C8CA-62B8-4E6A-B1E8-40595F19F2FA-1801-0000013DC753BCF9_zpsea043c32.jpg

I have a plain navy and plain red but am welcome to other ideas.

Yeah, I don't think I've actually lost any. Just always had that huge forehead. :p

Still trying to decide if I like the new cut, I think I do. Now if I can actually recreate it in the morning...

What about your relatives?, does your dad have hair still?, your uncles?, what about your family on your mothers side?, sorry for being curious.

One thing Cyclone needs to remember is it's what he wants to wear. Coming in here asking about every little detail like it's an answer to a math question is gonna make him look he's putting on someone else's clothes.

So true. Hopefully more people see this post cause I think a lot of people could benefit from that advice.

So much of fashion is a learning experience that you'll only get from trying things yourself. We can help minimize the failures but ultimately sometimes you need a few of those to really learn about a product/style/outfit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Indeed. My issue has always been color matching. I know what kind of clothes I like, I just need help matching colors mostly.

What about your relatives?, does your dad have hair still?, your uncles?, what about your family on your mothers side?, sorry for being curious.

No one on either side is bald. My dad has bit less hair than me, and styles it in a similar fashion. His dad (my grandpa) has a bit less than him, but still has hair. My mom's side is the same. Nothing in our family. I've always had a high hair line though. :p

No one on either side is bald. My dad has bit less hair than me, and styles it in a similar fashion. His dad (my grandpa) has a bit less than him, but still has hair. My mom's side is the same. Nothing in our family. I've always had a high hair line though. :p

Seems like your good then!, thanks for answering BTW, and yes... it's most definately an improvement over your previous hair-do.

Did you do that thing I posted with the wrinkled brows?

So true. Hopefully more people see this post cause I think a lot of people could benefit from that advice.

So much of fashion is a learning experience that you'll only get from trying things yourself. We can help minimize the failures but ultimately sometimes you need a few of those to really learn about a product/style/outfit.

I been there man, I used to cuff my ankles on my pants for a while while wearing argyle socks. Then I realized that I need to just focus on the basics and not try to go for gimmicks. I also learned that there are only about 5 colors for me (black, gray, white, red, blue) and in the case of shoes replace red with dark red and blue with navy. Obviously there are cases like purple shirts once in a while or beige/cream but you get the idea.

EDIT: Feel Good, where'd you grab all that at? I like the looks a lot. I'm bad at matching colors, etc, but you nailed it.

I'm in North Carolina for work and found an outlet mall with JCrew and Banana Republic so just picked them up there among some other things. Can never find good outlets in bumfuck Midwest.

Colors really doesn't have to be that hard, bright red, blue, yellow, purple (spring colors) will always work well with some white or light grey pants. I would take the advice someone gave you earlier for your wedding and rock some of these colors under your blazer in a gingham style. You would look solid. Especially with those shoes that keep getting posted.

bob page

To reference what someone asked a little bit ago about the new Stafford line at JCP, I went there today to try it out.

As far as the Stafford dress shirts go, I don't think I've ever seen a shirt this good for the price. The shirt is very fitted compared to department store shirts (even Uniqlo's $30 ones) and the fabric is also thicker than at Uniqlo. Make sure you pick out the easy care broadcloth fitted dress shirt (exactly by that label), as there a bunch of variations that don't fit as well.

Anyways, for $15-20 depending on sales, it's definitely a great buy.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/clothing/dress-shirts-ties/cat.jump?id=cat100250013&N=270 1779
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/dres...d|&currentDim=Size+Range&currentDimVal=fitted

Stafford-substantial-collar.jpg

Antagon

Nice, like to see pics.

Shitty 0702 picture:

It's actually quite a bit darker then this in reality. The pink is really bright, but should dim a bit with wear. I actually like that pink inseam though, makes the jeans a bit more lively.

As far as the Stafford dress shirts go, I don't think I've ever seen a shirt this good for the price. The shirt is very fitted compared to department store shirts (even Uniqlo's $30 ones) and the fabric is also thicker than at Uniqlo. Make sure you pick out the easy care broadcloth fitted dress shirt (exactly by that label), as there a bunch of variations that don't fit as well.

Anyways, for $15-20 depending on sales, it's definitely a great buy

Thanks for this; due to their executive level changes, they have been improving some of their lines and it's becoming a more comparable option if you need something of relative quality for a reasonable price. The one in the picture looks great.

Meanwhile, places I never would have considered "expensive" or luxury before -- such as GAP -- are now charging <$89 for poor quality sale sweaters.

To reference what someone asked a little bit ago about the new Stafford line at JCP, I went there today to try it out.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/clothing/dress-shirts-ties/cat.jump?id=cat100250013&N=270 1779
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/dres...d|&currentDim=Size+Range&currentDimVal=fitted

useful post. a+

curious, are the sleeves and body a good length?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
www.saddlebackleather.com

Pretty sure someone here recommended it to me a long time ago, just hadn't been able to pull the trigger on it.

*Whistles* Quite the price, but I've heard of them. Awesome looking stuff. I do need a wallet though, and they aren't bad there. Hmm...

I should have checked out those JC Penny's button ups today if they are that good. I could use a few new ones. Next time I'm in I'll check.

I'm tempted to try one at that price. Wish they had some striped ones I could wear to work. The white one with grey stripes has a weird pattern. :/

If you're tucking in a shirt you better be on your way to work.

I disagree.

I generally follow the rule that: if it has a collar and buttons up, it needs to be tucked in; unless it's a shirt designed specifically for the opposite, i.e. Tommy Bahama, or short-sleeves with square buttons, etc. Otherwise, it lacks a certain class, and tucking it in, with a nice belt showing, is infinitely more attractive than the 'I'm trying to be casual' look.

woodchuck

I wish they had these with a point collar. I might just go ahead and pick up the button down collar.

edit - fuck. just saw it's 60% cotton, 40% polyester. it gets hot in texas.

I wish they had these with a point collar. I might just go ahead and pick up the button down collar.

edit - fuck. just saw it's 60% cotton, 40% polyester. it gets hot in texas.

They do have point collar, not all are button down collars.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/gift...d|&currentDim=Size+Range&currentDimVal=fitted

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/...d|&currentDim=Size+Range&currentDimVal=fitted

A couple more too.

bob page

useful post. a+

curious, are the sleeves and body a good length?
They have 14.5 and 15 sizes with 34/35 arm length, which is pretty rare and perfect for me. The arms are also tapered in towards the holes and aren't baggy (which is surprising for a dept store fit). I think the body is a tad long to go untucked but I never do that with these shirts anyway.

And yes, they do have point collar variations- just make sure they're still the fitted easy care broadcloth label. I got a point collar one, which is 100% cotton, and a button down collar (60/40 blend).

bob page

I just tried out these Easy Care Broadcloth Fitted by Stafford today; seemed baggy as hell around the waist?
Did you size down? I usually wear 15 but went for a 14.5 and it fit perfectly. The waist was tapered in but a tad long- couldn't tell once tucked in, though.

From reading some other forums, certain stores haven't gotten the new styles yet so I highly stress making sure it has the correct label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom