• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the goofy pose, but went out and started spring prepping. Tiger of Sweden shirt / Blazer, Jcrew Chinos. The shirt has details that the iphone camera doesn't pick up, the pocket is awesome.

And with blazer
Looking great, man. I've always liked Tiger of Sweden. I echo Mac's sunglasses idea. Solid look all around.

I don't really like the shape of the toe, but I don't know anything about bike riding. That said, if the choice is between the two, the bottom one. The broguing on the top pair makes it look like a doll shoe or something.

Speaking of sneakers, I'm realizing that I need some margielas in my life. shit.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly, the shape of the toe is odd, but if it helps you ride a bike better (?), more power to you.

do you remeber that UGLY H&M jacket? well it surfaced again on American Idol last night :D

uglyfma7i.png

I hope they bought that ugly thing in a sale ...

hideous

Looking into getting a few pairs of smart shoes. I fell in love with some rather expensive ones a few pages back and I'm tempted but I've always had a thing against dress shoes so I'm looking for advice. I'm quite skinny and under 6' tall but I've got size 11/12 (UK) feet and I find that whenever I wear dress shoes, it makes me look like I'm about to go skiing.

What sort of shape/style of shoe should I be going for to not make me look like I've got huge feet?

Just received some clothes from ASOS. The shirt is too tight, the pants too big, and since I'm Canada I would have to pay 30$ to send it back, while those two items costed me 35$. :(

At least the T-shirt I got fit well.

Looking into getting a few pairs of smart shoes. I fell in love with some rather expensive ones a few pages back and I'm tempted but I've always had a thing against dress shoes so I'm looking for advice. I'm quite skinny and under 6' tall but I've got size 11/12 (UK) feet and I find that whenever I wear dress shoes, it makes me look like I'm about to go skiing.

What sort of shape/style of shoe should I be going for to not make me look like I've got huge feet?
Avoid stuff that is really pointed or chiseled. A nice round toe should look fine. I'd think a cap toe or tasteful embellishment like a wingtip would reduce the 'ski shoe' effect somewhat. Look for blake/blake-rapid shoes, they have a thinner sole than your typical goodyear english variety.

Also consider the width of your pants; if you're wearing really tapered jeans/chinos it will just make your feet look bigger.

Just received some clothes from ASOS. The shirt is too tight, the pants too big, and since I'm Canada I would have to pay 30$ to send it back, while those two items costed me 35$. :(

At least the T-shirt I got fit well.

Everything I've gotten from Asos is tight as hell. They run a very European fit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Everything I've gotten from Asos is tight as hell. They run a very European fit.

I would agree for the shirts. Pants, though? The ones I've tried apparently use a "slim fit = '90s carpenter jeans" metric.

The list is retailers I can only reliably buy t-shirts from and nothing else ever is dishearteningly long.

friday

So guys I'm gonna be in NY for a few days in April. What places would you recommend?

Uniqlo is always nice to check out for cheaper stuff. The one on 34 street is way better than the one in Soho.

You should go to Soho at some point though. That area has a huge variety of stores. You can find almost anything there. I really like the Ben Sherman store there.

In Chelsea there is a nice Barneys Co-op.

You might also want to check out the century 21 in the financial district. It can be a madhouse but you can score some good deals on stuff.

bob page

Uniqlo is always nice to check out for cheaper stuff. The one on 34 street is way better than the one in Soho.

You should go to Soho at some point though. That area has a huge variety of stores. You can find almost anything there. I really like the Ben Sherman store there.

In Chelsea there is a nice Barneys Co-op.

You might also want to check out the century 21 in the financial district. It can be a madhouse but you can score some good deals on stuff.
The Century 21 in UWS is way nicer. It's newish and isn't full of as many tourists.

The Uniqlo on 5th Ave usually has the best selection but the crowds can be a bit overwhelming.

Other than 5th Ave stores, definitely check out Soho for the boutique shops.

Very nice, happen to have a link?

Would you believe they are actually not on Aldo's website? Not sure why, but the salesman did mention that they are very new. I'm going back in tomorrow to exchange the size; I'll check from him how to get them online and message you.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Apologies for the atrocious picture quality, but opinions on the shoes? Also, in combination with the pants, does it work?

I used to be a a sneakers/chucks only type of guy and this is somewhat unfamiliar territory for me.

/inb4 clean your room and wash your mirror. Aint nobody got time for that.

friday

I think they look pretty good. The bad picture does make it a bit difficult to see though. Sizing looks good. I hate to see people wear dress shoes that are way to long for them. So awkward.

LOCK

Ok, what the hell is up with shorts this year.

So I was just trying on random shorts that I liked from browsing and every pair was tight in the crotch. If I went up a size the crotch was fine but the waist was too big for my liking.

It's so aggravating.

Ok, what the hell is up with shorts this year.

So I was just trying on random shorts that I liked from browsing and every pair was tight in the crotch. If I went up a size the crotch was fine but the waist was too big for my liking.

It's so aggravating.

I am sorry your crotch is proportionally too large for your waist size.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Might be a stupid question, but what would the color of those posted shoes be called:

SX6zPZ3.jpg

I'm in the market for new shoes and I'm looking for something with this type of goldbrown leather, was wondering if there's a way to go looking specifically for it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Pardon the goofy pose, but went out and started spring prepping. Tiger of Sweden shirt / Blazer, Jcrew Chinos. The shirt has details that the iphone camera doesn't pick up, the pocket is awesome.

And with blazer

I like the length of that shirt when untucked. I have issues finding button ups to wear untucked so I'll have to look into that brand.

EDIT: Not sure they ship to US. Anyone have a good place to get button ups that look good untucked? (meaning they are shorter).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Also it's about spring. What's a solid jacket that I could rock? Note that my fashion tastes are a bit muted compared to you all. I'm thinking Uniqlo, Banana Republic, J Crew or the like. I need to look soon.

I think it's time to look for new work shoes too.

First spring fit pic.
Sun was shining but i realised too late that it was freezing cold outside.

http://i.imgur.com/E608AJb.jpg
You have some solid pieces but together it all looks extremely random to me. I mean, pleated pants, tennis shoes, scarf and a t-shirt? I don't know man, it looks like you couldn't decide whether to go dressy, business, or casual so you just put some of each together.

I think that outfit would look better with a pair of jeans. If you'd rather keep those pants, swap out the t-shirt for a crisp white oxford and the shoes for some dressier ones. You could probably get away with chukkas if you don't own any decent dress shoes. I'd try and add some color too (which you could easily do with brown shoes/belt) but that's just me.

Like I said, make a few minor changes and I think you'll look way more put together.

I like the length of that shirt when untucked. I have issues finding button ups to wear untucked so I'll have to look into that brand.

EDIT: Not sure they ship to US. Anyone have a good place to get button ups that look good untucked? (meaning they are shorter).
It's because button ups are traditionally cut long so that they don't bunch up/come untucked after being tucked in. You should probably be looking for more casual style shirts rather than oxfords if you want to wear them untucked.

Uniqlo Oxfords.

Also fuck yes N&F indigo skinny guy stretch for $89 on gilt. I don't think I actually needed another pair of jeans but it will probably fit in my suitcase.

Also also is there a reason why the weird guy seems preferred around here? I always feel it looks like an awkward cut.

Kraftwerk

Uniqlo Oxfords.

Also fuck yes N&F indigo skinny guy stretch for $89 on gilt. I don't think I actually needed another pair of jeans but it will probably fit in my suitcase.

Also also is there a reason why the weird guy seems preferred around here? I always feel it looks like an awkward cut.

I like weird guys since they are a perfect fit for me. I got big thighs from cycling, and weird guys are made for that.

friday

Those N&F models shots make the weird guys look like 501's. What is up with that, did they just copy and paste the picture of the pants over another picture?

Tapered cuts like the weird guys always look like they are really nicely sleek and fitted from the leg opening to the knee, and above that they get weirdly baggy.

Uniqlo Oxfords.

The Weird Guys are one of the most versatile cuts of raw denim out there, I think that's why they're particularly popular. They have a lower rise and wider thigh/leg opening, allowing for people with slightly larger builds to wear them, whereas Skinny Guy really only fits skinny people (go figure).

Plus the Weird Guys come in the most style options. I think the N&F FW13 line has something like 24 Weird Guy styles.

Might be a stupid question, but what would the color of those posted shoes be called:

SX6zPZ3.jpg

I'm in the market for new shoes and I'm looking for something with this type of goldbrown leather, was wondering if there's a way to go looking specifically for it.

$223.30

Reasonable, considering what Tsubo's go for.

Edit:

Actually, that's a lot compared to waht's on the website right now.

I did major damage to my local express store. Went on Friday morning then again this Monday afternoon to take advantage of their massive spring sale and coupons. I had to have spent ~$500 on outfits. As a grad student, thats kind of an issue. But with an internship coming up this summer, possibly in NYC, I couldn't help myself

Surreal

I come to you for guidance Fashion-GAF.

I've been looking for some new tees, but I've been running into a problem. It feels like 75% of the t-shirts out there are too long (I wear S/M). I've been doing some research online and the Smalls are 28 inches in length from the edge of the collar to the bottom of the shirt. The shirts that I like the fit of are about 26 inches in length.

Anyone know of a place I can find t-shirts that run "short"?

If it helps the last tee I bought was this one (small) from JCrew.

TTTR

Thanks for all the input guys. I like to wear gray/black and i think light gray is a nice color for spring. and yes it definitely is a bit mixed up, but i think every now and then you can mix pleated with sneakers. got more than enough dress shoes btw.

will put someing together and post again. :)

Fritz

I hope one of you guys can help me out.

I am looking for shades like these but with a fully clear frame

le-specs-bojangles-sonnenbrille-brown-stripe-1655-medium-0.jpg

Pretty please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom