• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
like that website, I've got a few things from there

agreed

LL

moolhy

Banned
WARNING: BRAG

yauO2Bq.jpg

I lucked out with a Spiewak N1 jacket the other day in Toronto for $30!!! That's THIRTY CANADIAN DOLLARS, from an MSRP of 350+ CAD.

Was on "sale" for $199 and seconds after I put it down the clerk approaches me and gives me the good news. :)

100% Alpaca wool inner lining, 100% mouton collar, 100% waxed cotton outer shell. Shit feels like it could stop a knife.

Love it.

/BRAG

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yah it is. Went back for a second look and found the jacket had more pockets and whatnot than I initially thought, so whoops, out came the Amex.

maxxpower

Are you washing with cold water afterwards? Also are you applying aftershave lotion? For what it's worth, I don't think shaving everyday is good for your skin, so if you can hold off on shaving even for a few days you'll probably have better results.

Not that cold, and no, I don't apply aftershave lotion. I have noticed that if I shave like every two days I get a better, closer shave, but my shitty mustache grows so fast but only the sides. Makes me look stupid.

Yah it is. Went back for a second look and found the jacket had more pockets and whatnot than I initially thought, so whoops, out came the Amex.
hah cool, you should really go deep into this movie-producer-riviera steez.

Not that cold, and no, I don't apply aftershave lotion. I have noticed that if I shave like every two days I get a better, closer shave, but my shitty mustache grows so fast but only the sides. Makes me look stupid.
yeah I can do a day max without shaving, after that I look like a pedophile.

do you remeber that UGLY H&M jacket? well it surfaced again on American Idol last night :D

http://www.abload.de/img/uglyfma7i.png

I hope they bought that ugly thing in a sale ...
Wow at this actually getting some wear. That makes two confirmed purchases from what I know, can't imagine many more.

Those are sick. Salazar is correct, they'd look beautiful with a dark green jacket. Velvet is even better!

Looking great, dude.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
my shitty mustache grows so fast but only the sides. Makes me look stupid.

Hey, if Joe Perry can rock the sans-middle 'stache then so can you!

how much did all of that cost you? looks dope.

Maybe $200 over the course of several years? Only the jacket is new; jeans and sweater are from way back when I lived in NY, moccs were $25 on clearance (they're legit Italian, at least), socks and the three pins on the jacket were a few bucks, and the scarf was a hand-me-down from a friend.

Thrifty is nifty.

Definitely depends on what kind of store you go to though. My experience browsing through Goodwill has not been good. Bus told me of a few better places I've yet to check out though so I'll probably have to do that soon.

since i'm in nowheresville I can't get to all these dope thrift places. did get some nice discount bis-caz neutrals on ebay and hautelook. closet is slowly rebuilding.

How do you pronounce chukkas? I went into J Crew to ask about the "chuck-uhz" on the manikin and the sales rep looked at me like a pauper in line for the royal wedding. Is it "chew-cuz?"

friday

How do you pronounce chukkas? I went into J Crew to ask about the "chuck-uhz" on the manikin and the sales rep looked at me like a pauper in line for the royal wedding. Is it "chew-cuz?"

I think you got it right the first time. Sales person might not know what a chuck boot is.

Kraftwerk

Spring/Summer is around the corner, and I am going to start riding my bicycle again. Commute is fairly short, and I want to have a pair of shoes that dont look too sporty. For the days that I am just going to hang out with friends at a cafe/bar.

Which one of these do you guys like? Same price and both are very, very comfortable.

Dromarti Sportivo Classic
SX6zPZ3.jpg

Quoc Pham Tourer
QUixvxV.jpg

11PKT9B.jpg

iAHBUG9.jpg

I don't really like the shape of the toe, but I don't know anything about bike riding. That said, if the choice is between the two, the bottom one. The broguing on the top pair makes it look like a doll shoe or something.

Speaking of sneakers, I'm realizing that I need some margielas in my life. shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom