• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Just ordered a jacket from a Korean store on eBay. Feelsgoodman.jpg. Despite fashiongaf's concerns, so far I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've gotten from these shops so far... As long as you measure up properly and have the right build, this shit can look amazing. Might not last more then 2-3 years, but that's a different story.

Danielsan

yesssss

tumblr_mjrg2nxM5W1rakpbko1_500.jpg
Every now and then I stop by this thread for potential ideas. Then I'm reminded that roughly 95% of this thread features shit like this...

Danielsan

some of you are really bothered by a few inches of some dude's thigh, huh
In my opinion it just looks ridiculous. Especially combined with the button up with arms that are clearly to wide for that dude's stick figure arms.
The only reason he remotely pulls it off is because he's a well tanned good looking model.

But again, don't mind me. I'm not much of a fashion guy. I'm just baffled by it all when I visit this thread.

In my opinion it just looks ridiculous. Especially combined with the button up with arms that are clearly to wide for that dude's stick figure arms.
The only reason he remotely pulls it off is because he's a well tanned good looking model.

But again, don't mind me. I'm not much of a fashion guy. I'm just baffled by it all when I visit this thread.

I'm baffled by you.

Alucrid

Banned
Every now and then I stop by this thread for potential ideas. Then I'm reminded that roughly 95% of this thread features shit like this...

I ain't never show no thigh.

Good to hear. I was looking at them again last night. Thinking of going for the black Flyknit chukkas. What's the sizing like? Typical?

Yeah, I went true to size.

some of you are really bothered by a few inches of some dude's thigh, huh

You're talking about circumference right?

For those of you looking for shorts, J. Crew has some solid colors in their 11" shorts (also in 9" I believe).

Pretty good in-seam length, should hit right above the knees on most people, not too short. I might pick up a pair if my long legs can handle them.

Just ordered a jacket from a Korean store on eBay. Feelsgoodman.jpg. Despite fashiongaf's concerns, so far I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've gotten from these shops so far... As long as you measure up properly and have the right build, this shit can look amazing. Might not last more then 2-3 years, but that's a different story.
I'm taking the under on that. Try 2-3 months, max.

I support you. In theory. Need pics though.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
For those of you looking for shorts, J. Crew has some solid colors in their 11" shorts (also in 9" I believe).

Pretty good in-seam length, should hit right above the knees on most people, not too short. I might pick up a pair if my long legs can handle them.

I'm taking the under on that. Try 2-3 months, max.

I know these items have a bad reputation but either I've been lucky or people are greatly exaggerating it. Same with Uniqlo and Zara. I have a jacket from Uniqlo that I bought in Japan in 2007 that's still in fine condition. Color is a bit faded but otherwise still mint. Same goes for a Zara jacket I bough in 2009 - I wear the fuck out of it every summer and it's still good. Only shop whose products always crap out early on me is H&M.

I've bought three sweaters and one jacket from Korean eBay stores over the last 2/3 years and so far no complaints. One of the shirts is getting a bit worn out because the material is really thin, but it was $12 so I wasn't expecting much.

I support you. In theory. Need pics though.

Thanks, once I get it I'll take some pictures!

I've bought random cheap stuff from small town shops in mainland China that looked great on me, felt great and lasted a while. Clothes are clothes, really, and if you like something, then wear it.

The cult of brand-ism is an interesting one. No, I don't reject it outright or think I'm above anyone; it's just interesting.

I've bought random cheap stuff from small town shops in mainland China that looked great on me, felt great and lasted a while.

The cult of brand-ism is an interesting one. No, I don't reject it outright or think I'm above anyone; it's just interesting.

I am a fan of whoever makes good stuff. Simple as that.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I am a fan of whoever makes good stuff. Simple as that.

Well, ditto :). I bought a dress shirt 16 years ago for €160. Back then that was a shitload of money for me, but I still own that shirt and it still looks fine. I don't expect the stuff I buy on eBay to last me that long, but I also don't think it will crap out on me within a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom