• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Good lord, I washed my canvas jacket for the first time in the hopes that it might soften up a bit; not only did washing not have that effect, it's now the single most wrinkled article of clothing I've ever seen. This is going to be near impossible to iron out and I am a registered grandmaster of ironing.

Xun

New shoes I got last week:

QLmDtAw.jpg

LsOChnc.jpg

Thoughts? They were £15, so they weren't that expensive.

h3ro

Who was it that vouched for JCP's Stafford line? bob page?

I think he said the shirts were a good value, but how about their pants?

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/...8&deptId=dept20000014&N=4294965895 4294966793

I also picked up the Stafford line Gingham print shirts when they were on sale last month. Fantastic fit on me, material isn't the greatest but works really well for layering under a vest or sweater. The chocolate brown color is my favorite. The navy is a solid staple.

bob page

Who was it that vouched for JCP's Stafford line? bob page?

I think he said the shirts were a good value, but how about their pants?

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/...8&deptId=dept20000014&N=4294965895 4294966793

Never tried their pants, actually. The chinos look pretty decent for $20-30.

http://dappered.com/2013/02/review-the-jcpenny-spring-2013-wooster-led-line/

But yeah, JCP is messing with their prices right now so I'd only bite if you can find them for their pre-inflation amount.

I recently began doing some copywriting/consulting for an upcoming selvedge denim Kickstarter, and I thought I'd tease the idea here to gauge GAF interest. We're selling Japanese selvedge denim in two cuts--both similar to what APC offers--for $95 (wholesale). Our main hook, though, comes from the fact that every order includes three pairs of jeans to try on, which essentially destroys any anxiety one would have about sizing. We also provide free shipping both ways, so the process of sending the other two pairs back is completely hassle-free.

Anyway, the name of the company is RPMWEST. Look out for it.

Antagon

Looking for some simple, clean sneakers for the summer. What do you guys think of these Air Force 1's?

Nike_air_force_1-university-red-sail-02.jpg

Also looking at an M65 Field Coat for a spring jacket:
M65RegimentOliv.jpg

Jimmy so it's like the Warby Parker approach but with denim? I'm interested.

Also, I'm doing a small three part preview of the Naked & Famous FW13 stuff over at the BlueOwl webpage. The first part of the three should be up sometime tomorrow, I'll post the link for those of you that don't browse the blog. Lots of cool stuff coming out in the Fall though, I'm sure you guys will dig it.

Antagon

Talking about N&F, picked up the Blue Weft jeans yesterday as a replacement for my faulty Momotaro 0702. The store had no other 0701's/0702's in so I just picked what I thought was the best replacement and got the rest of the money back. Obviously the denim is nowhere near as nice, but they are really soft and fit pretty well. Definitely a decent deal for the price.

talking about naked and famous, my pomegranate weird guys arrived quick fast and in a hurry. +1 for Barney's shipping. However Im having a bit of a fit issue. The pants are large in the waist and still pretty damn tight in the thighs. Wtf i thought weird guys were made for larger legs. I have no idea where to go for pants at this point. Maybe just get all the waists on my pants tailored, but I don't know

talking about naked and famous, my pomegranate weird guys arrived quick fast and in a hurry. +1 for Barney's shipping. However Im having a bit of a fit issue. The pants are large in the waist and still pretty damn tight in the thighs. Wtf i thought weird guys were made for larger legs. I have no idea where to go for pants at this point. Maybe just get all the waists on my pants tailored, but I don't know

That's a myth. Weird guys are tapered fit but just less than the others. It's still tight as hell compared to something like straight leg levi's.

Antagon

Maybe try some Shrink To Fit jeans? I'd imagine that they should fit both your middle and thighs pretty well after shrinking. If you're not sure, just buy some cheap 501 STF's first and see if it works for you.

If it really is quality for 95 then I'm very interested.

They're comparable to any other brand that asks for 200+ for their selvedge. I'll make a longer, more detailed post when the Kickstarter actually launches. I was at the video shoot this weekend, and it should turn out really cool.

pics of fit. but if you have ultrathighs and a large drop, at some point, you're kind of stuck outside of something completely straight legged. You can get jeans tailored slightly iirc, but it would probably look odd, and kind of silly when droppin $150 or whatever on them.

pics of fit. but if you have ultrathighs and a large drop, at some point, you're kind of stuck outside of something completely straight legged. You can get jeans tailored slightly iirc, but it would probably look odd, and kind of silly when droppin $150 or whatever on them.

I tried my best to post a pic. My camera is an ipad mini so its kinda shitty, but i think you can see the loose fitting waist and tightness on the inner thighs. To be honest the legs aren't that bad but the waist ehhhhhhhh I wont be able to tuck my shirt in without looking like a hobo :(.

sagging is the plan, though im giving serious thought to taking them to my tailor. Also, Im open to suggestions on a cut if you have any..

ha, well I am going Japan in May and Im just trying to get that proper hip to head to chest to height ratio

What are you going there for? I'm headed that way in June.

GAF:

I usually wear dress clothes, all the time. Dress shirts, slacks, double monk-strap loafers, sportcoats, etc.

Recommend me your best dress-casual spring/fall jackets, that can be worn over suits. No price limit, but give me options.

a casual jacket over a suit, meaning not an overcoat? something like a pared down mackintosh coat or caban (think peacoat but a little larger), I suppose. Also consider stuff with raglan sleeves or a soft construction, like a balmacaan. Check out burberry london's site for pretty good examples of all of this. Also, fabric/pattern/color will make stuff more casual, too. Burgundy nylon vs charcoal worsted wool, etc.

Zekes!

Fuck you guys I'm skinnier than him.

Anyways I'm thinking of getting a new pair of raw denim, dunno what I want though. Thinking of trying Momos/Japan Blue but I saw a pic of them faded and I didn't really like the blue

Antagon

Fuck you guys I'm skinnier than him.

Anyways I'm thinking of getting a new pair of raw denim, dunno what I want though. Thinking of trying Momos/Japan Blue but I saw a pic of them faded and I didn't really like the blue

Momotaro has more then one fabric obviously. The 0702's that I had were awesome, but the blue weft does make them fade a bit different the normal jeans. That series also had a bad run it seems, as the stitching in my crotch was wearing out real quick and that turned out to be the problem. Other models don't have that problem though.

You're onto skinny jeans, right? Most fits from Momotaro are wider then that, the tight straight I had was more like a normal slim straight from other brands. Japan Blue has skinnier fits then that and Blue Owl carries collabs with Momotaro that use that same fit if I remember right.

Zekes!

Momotaro has more then one fabric obviously. The 0702's that I had were awesome, but the blue weft does make them fade a bit different the normal jeans. That series also had a bad run it seems, as the stitching in my crotch was wearing out real quick and that turned out to be the problem. Other models don't have that problem though.

You're onto skinny jeans, right? Most fits from Momotaro are wider then that, the tight straight I had was more like a normal slim straight from other brands. Japan Blue has skinnier fits then that and Blue Owl carries collabs with Momotaro that use that same fit if I remember right.

Oh yeah, for sure they have different fabrics. I was looking at the Japan Blue x Momotaro 700sp's 'Going to Battle', as that that seems to be the best cut for my body, and they're not too much money. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling how they look faded.

In terms of fit I do really like the N&F Weird Guy, when it's snugger fitting (which isn't consistent). I'm trying to branch out though, but I haven't had much luck so far.

illadelph

Never posted in this thread before, but it seems like a good place to ask.

Apparently jean shorts are frowned upon, and I never liked cargo shorts (always thought they looked corny.) So what is a dude supposed to wear in the warm weather? I like wearing basketball shorts when I can, but sometimes I need some reliable pockets or I need to look dressier.

kaskade

Never posted in this thread before, but it seems like a good place to ask.

Apparently jean shorts are frowned upon, and I never liked cargo shorts (always thought they looked corny.) So what is a dude supposed to wear in the warm weather? I like wearing basketball shorts when I can, but sometimes I need some reliable pockets or I need to look dressier.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shorts.jsp

Basically something like this. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shorts/essentialshorts/PRDOVR~62952/62952.jsp

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Denim shorts aren't necessarily a no-no. Acceptable versions follow the current cut and fit trends for actual jeans, so dark washes and slim fits. Black or grey denim shorts are especially rad. Keep them cuffed and a bit above the knee, not

men-s-denim-shorts_10937157_250x250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom