• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
john-cena-300x350.jpg

Antagon

Need some sneaker advice. Only got some worn down superstars and really need something new, but got a tough time finding stuff that I really like.

Problem is that most sneakers tend to be either too bright and in your face or simply boring. What I'm looking for is something with color, but a bit more understated, preferrably suede.

For example, I really like these:

nike-sb-dunk-low-burgundy-brown-white-5.jpeg

But they're supposedly not going to be released before fall.

h3ro

I recently began doing some copywriting/consulting for an upcoming selvedge denim Kickstarter, and I thought I'd tease the idea here to gauge GAF interest. We're selling Japanese selvedge denim in two cuts--both similar to what APC offers--for $95 (wholesale). Our main hook, though, comes from the fact that every order includes three pairs of jeans to try on, which essentially destroys any anxiety one would have about sizing. We also provide free shipping both ways, so the process of sending the other two pairs back is completely hassle-free.

Anyway, the name of the company is RPMWEST. Look out for it.

Definitely interested and going to be on the lookout!

dralla

Just some Spring sneakers I picked up, found a great sale. $88 for all 3.

20130409_103449.jpg
20130409_103501.jpg

20130409_103515.jpg
20130409_103525.jpg

20130409_103541.jpg
20130409_103549.jpg

Red/White ones are for basketball with my bros, the others are casual sneakers

Probably a weird place to ask, but can anyone here recommend some boxer briefs (the one true form of underwear) that don't have some shitty branding on the band? That shit pissed me right off.

compared to where?

H&M, uniqlo - places like that don't have logos all over. They're decent quality. The heavily branded ones imo feel much better and are made better

Compared to the underwear specific threads I guess. Unfortunately H&M have covered their shit with David Beckham's name, they were my go to.

ASOS seems to have some unbranded stuff though, will likely give them a try.

goodfella

Just bought these blue desert boots for £11.25 with some discount codes I found.

hmprod

I don't really know what I'll wear with them though, but I though since they were cheap I'd go with the blue rather than the beige. I think they would work with dark blue or burgundy chinos, though I have no idea what to wear above the waist.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Unfortunately H&M have covered their shit with David Beckham's name, they were my go to.

The Beckham line is separate from their in-house brand underwear, which is still very readily available and continues to be logo-free. I bought some a few weeks ago... just wish they'd keep some briefs in stock instead of so many boxer briefs.

James - Totally keeping an eye out for your kickstarter.

Let's see, I need some more chino shorts (I'm at the point to where I grudgingly wear my cargos but would rather not) but am trying to branch out into colors. My current pairs are: khaki (light & dark), navy & grey so trying to figure out what would be some good colors.

Also, what's more preferable: polo shirts or short-sleeved button up shirts (trying to opt for solid colors versus madras per se).

Thanks.

Most people I've spoken to hate those short-sleeved button ups. Me, I hate those polos.. they're too fratty prep boy for me.

I'm of two minds about them actually. The short-sleeve button up I don't really care for, but I do have a few of them and will wear them. Polos, I own several but I don't like wearing them everyday.

I usually end up wearing a long-sleeved shirt and rolling up the sleeves, but I hate wearing it unbuttoned - despite wearing a t-shirt underneath.

I like some short sleeve button ups. Gotta have a good proper sleeve width and body. Too wide and you look like a dork. Too narrow and you look like a slut.

I've come around to s/s shirts. Rolling the sleeve just ain't the same, and it's the only way to a) not wear a t-shirt, and b) not wear a polo. I hate polos now for some irrational reason. Probably because the collars are all pique and soft.

I like some short sleeve button ups. Gotta have a good proper sleeve width and body. Too wide and you look like a dork. Too narrow and you look like a slut.

I've come around to s/s shirts. Rolling the sleeve just ain't the same, and it's the only way to a) not wear a t-shirt, and b) not wear a polo. I hate polos now for some irrational reason. Probably because the collars are all pique and soft.

I think that's my biggest issue with pique polos - the collars themselves have no shape (especially after being washed) which is why I end up going with short sleeve shirts but even then the sleeve width can be an issue as well.

Ah well... Will ponder this more I guess.

I say just do it. Just limit yourself to purveyors of the slim fitted. I wonder if you could convert a standard l/s button up that can be worn untucked to a shortsleeve without it looking odd. I don't see why not.

also, camp shirts:

340849_mrp_ou_l.jpg

Yes, i picked the most obnoxious print I could find. :p

Even in 80 degrees a button up still feels way hot.

Funny, even when wearing a linen shirt, I'll definitely still feel the heat despite it being a dry heat at home and muggy when I'm in San Francisco for work.

Linen is something I still can't get used to wearing, no matter how hard I try.

I've rarely seen a s/s button up work, but who in their right mind would wear a s/s with all the buttons done up? Pop them buttons down, yo.

well it's a product shot, so you want to see how it buttons up yo. can't be buying a camp/half shirt by mistake.

I don't really see the big deal with them, really. I rarely see suits work, but, here we are ;)

edit: I just had that moment where you forget to bid on something, only to find it went for the minimum asking price fuuuu

Anyone know of good quality, long white t-shirts? I have a long torso and buying tees as undershirts, or just to wear around, from somewhere like Target doesn't end well, because they're too short or they just end up shrinking a ton.

Anyone know of good quality, long white t-shirts? I have a long torso and buying tees as undershirts, or just to wear around, from somewhere like Target doesn't end well, because they're too short or they just end up shrinking a ton.

I have one from uniqlo that had minimal shrink when in the wash, bought it years ago though. My American Apparel one also had some minimal shrink as well.

Rookje

Ugh I wish I could wear a shirt like that. My chest pokes out a bit and I have a little muffin top. Less bench presses and no sugar for two months.

I'm wearing chinos for the first time in 22 years this weekend. Are these supposed to be ironed? If so, these aren't supposed to be ironed like dress pants right? Should they be ironed in a manner so there is no distinct crease? Should they be creased along the inseam/"outseam"?

Taking a look and they have a number of tees/shirts. Is it specifically the "premium cotton" that you like?

To be honest, when I bought the shirts, they were the only ones offered at the time (this was like in 2009 mind you) so I just got a bunch (white, navy, heather grey & dark heather grey).

But as far as the "premium cotton" goes, it feels smoother to the touch and doesn't shrink/stretch easily compared to cheaper t-shirts I've gotten at say Target, Old Navy or the like.

I used to hate shortsleeve button ups but I too have begun to come around to them. I'm going to try and find a decent one for this summer I think.

I'm wearing chinos for the first time in 22 years this weekend. Are these supposed to be ironed? If so, these aren't supposed to be ironed like dress pants right? Should they be ironed in a manner so there is no distinct crease? Should they be creased along the inseam/"outseam"?
I'd just iron the major wrinkles out, definitely wouldn't press a crease into 'em.

To be honest, when I bought the shirts, they were the only ones offered at the time (this was like in 2009 mind you) so I just got a bunch (white, navy, heather grey & dark heather grey).

But as far as the "premium cotton" goes, it feels smoother to the touch and doesn't shrink/stretch easily compared to cheaper t-shirts I've gotten at say Target, Old Navy or the like.

Thanks again!

I guess I have never tried on a well fitting ss button up. That one posted earlier in the thread looks pretty good. Whenever I wear one though I just end up feeling like Dilbert.

They also tend to have corny shit on the shoulders or like tabs on the sleeves which I'm just not feeling.

Does anyone have any experience with Jack Threads? I just heard about them the other day and the stuff they have seems fantastic. If you've bought from them, how's the quality of the clothing?

KmA

Does anyone have any experience with Jack Threads? I just heard about them the other day and the stuff they have seems fantastic. If you've bought from them, how's the quality of the clothing?

The quality of their clothing is really good, but I am a small person and even their smallest sizes are large on me, so I usually search for their extra small stuff. Just something to keep in mind. Their prices are great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom