• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadTaste

The only shops I know of in the UK are River Island, Next and USC. Any others that perhaps sell cheaper/have more sales? I need new skinnies o0

jbzfJalNaQwqvx.jpg

bought some shrink to fits per antagon's recommendation , bout to get in the tub right now,

also went to the tailor to get the weird guys altered, but it seems it can't be done. The rivet placement prevents proper tapering at the thigh seam .. or something.

_Isaac

I like some short sleeve button ups. Gotta have a good proper sleeve width and body. Too wide and you look like a dork. Too narrow and you look like a slut.

sMrrea5.jpg

I've come around to s/s shirts. Rolling the sleeve just ain't the same, and it's the only way to a) not wear a t-shirt, and b) not wear a polo. I hate polos now for some irrational reason. Probably because the collars are all pique and soft.

It's not easy to make a patchy beard look passable.

ramyeon

bought some shrink to fits per antagon's recommendation , bout to get in the tub right now,

also went to the tailor to get the weird guys altered, but it seems it can't be done. The rivet placement prevents proper tapering at the thigh seam .. or something.
Loving the colour of those, what are they? Couldn't see them on the Levis site.

Salazar

That floral shirt I ordered about a week back arrived. Pretty good. Don't quite see it working on its own, but it looks killer under things.

damn those are some thin jeans. how are they compared to dior homme?

In other denim news, I finally, after years of search, have gotten a nwt helmut lang single pocket denim jacket. huzzah.

damn those are some thin jeans. how are they compared to dior homme?

In other denim news, I finally, after years of search, have gotten a nwt helmut lang single pocket denim jacket. huzzah.
Not as soft as Dior raws and don't stack like them either but they look nice and are comfy. They are really thin, I don't need a belt which is really rare for me, even with Robert Geller size 46 I need a belt :(

How often do you guys have to exchange stuff you buy online? I've been mostly looking at more dress clothes but it seems the cuts vary so widely between companies, it's hard to get a good fit without trying it on. Do most of you only buy from the same couple so it's not a problem or are you returning often? Just curious since online shopping opens up a lot of new choices but I'm afraid of wasting money on return shipping for ill-fitting clothes.

lately, a lot :(. But yeah, if you buy from the same brand or same manufacturer/factory for labels, it's pretty safe. stores like yoox also offer cheap return, or even free if you are ok with a store credit. i usually have a stash of money sitting there at any given moment haha

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
This has been bugging me for like two years: why do my mens Façonnable shirts button opposite of every other shirt? Is that typical of French (European?) clothing?

This has been bugging me for like two years: why do my mens Façonnable shirts button opposite of every other shirt? Is that typical of French (European?) clothing?
might just be a faconnable, or french thing? all of my made in italy shirts button like i'd expect. I don't have any french clothings.

or they're gurl shirts :p

Std overcast color selection
Solid. Jacket looks like it's pretty nice.

How often do you guys have to exchange stuff you buy online? I've been mostly looking at more dress clothes but it seems the cuts vary so widely between companies, it's hard to get a good fit without trying it on. Do most of you only buy from the same couple so it's not a problem or are you returning often? Just curious since online shopping opens up a lot of new choices but I'm afraid of wasting money on return shipping for ill-fitting clothes.
I've been burned a number of times by ordering online, so I try and avoid it when I can. With that said, if I'm interested in a piece I'll try and track it down somewhere in-store and try it on there, then order it online if it's cheaper. That way you know for sure how it'll fit.

More and more websites seem to be offering measurements nowadays, which is a huge help as well.

Yay/Nay?

25915_WW3570

From jcrew

Not super into denim shirts but something like this has caught my attention.
Ehh, it's hard to say. I'd try it on in person if you can. Being a short-sleeve shirt, the fit/length on the arms is going to be extremely important, so unless you have measurements, I'd be wary of ordering online (unless you don't mind returns).

Also, the quality of denim is probably pretty low. Although, since it's a shirt, whether or not that actually makes a difference is up to you.

Ehh, it's hard to say. I'd try it on in person if you can. Being a short-sleeve shirt, the fit/length on the arms is going to be extremely important, so unless you have measurements, I'd be wary of ordering online (unless you don't mind returns).

Also, the quality of denim is probably pretty low. Although, since it's a shirt, whether or not that actually makes a difference is up to you.

Yeah, pretty much what I was figuring. Luckily they sell it also at the jcrew outlet near my house so I'll probably be able to try the 'vanilla' version and the 'outlet' version to see if there's a difference in quality (which I totally doubt).

J. Crew has a nice sale going in with their shirts and shorts. 25% off all of them with an additive 15% if you're a student. So all in all 40% off is quite nice!

Also, I'm looking for a quality pair of skinny denim jeans. I'd love to get a pair of N&F's but I can't find a retailer that carries them to try them on first (I'm in Manhattan).
Any ideas?

Anyone have any experience with Dockers Alpha line? Yes, I know Dockers are generally pants for 40-year old overweight men from the burbs, but supposedly these are a new cut made specifically to update the brand for younger guys.

pDOCK1-11215334v291a.jpg

Yeah, pretty much what I was figuring. Luckily they sell it also at the jcrew outlet near my house so I'll probably be able to try the 'vanilla' version and the 'outlet' version to see if there's a difference in quality (which I totally doubt).
It should be the exact same shirt.

J. Crew has a nice sale going in with their shirts and shorts. 25% off all of them with an additive 15% if you're a student. So all in all 40% off is quite nice!

Also, I'm looking for a quality pair of skinny denim jeans. I'd love to get a pair of N&F's but I can't find a retailer that carries them to try them on first (I'm in Manhattan).
Any ideas?
If you're in Manhattan you're just not looking hard enough. Both Barney's and Nordstrom's should carry them. Barney's has a lot of exclusives with Naked & Famous so they will almost certainly have them.

If you're in Manhattan you're just not looking hard enough. Both Barney's and Nordstrom's should carry them. Barney's has a lot of exclusives with Naked & Famous so they will almost certainly have them.

Alright, guess I'll have to check out Barney's tomorrow.
I've been to Nordstrom and they didn't have them, maybe I just got unlucky!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Alright, guess I'll have to check out Barney's tomorrow.
I've been to Nordstrom and they didn't have them, maybe I just got unlucky!

I don't know if all Nordies are laid out the same or not, but at the one here, N&F are in a separate "designer" wing of the men's department and not with the rest of the jeans.

Anyone have any experience with Dockers Alpha line? Yes, I know Dockers are generally pants for 40-year old overweight men from the burbs, but supposedly these are a new cut made specifically to update the brand for younger guys.

pDOCK1-11215334v291a.jpg

Don't have any experience with them, but I like the look. Hope someone has tried them out.

pax217

GAF:

I usually wear dress clothes, all the time. Dress shirts, slacks, double monk-strap loafers, sportcoats, etc.

Recommend me your best dress-casual spring/fall jackets, that can be worn over suits. No price limit, but give me options.

Quoting because I'd like to hear some rec's too, but no God damn skinny ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom