• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that Tiger of Sweden store ship/sell to the US? Those shirts look awesome. Actually that's the look I might use for a wedding, but I'll go light blue.

No, they ship only within EU. It' sucks because on their site they have this AWESOME shirt I want but they dont ship here. The local store doesnt have my size either -_-

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No, they ship only within EU. It' sucks because on their site they have this AWESOME shirt I want but they dont ship here. The local store doesnt have my size either -_-

Aw.

I have an issue finding button-ups that you can wear untucked like that. They are always too long to wear untucked. Your photo looks great. Perfect shirt length.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
you can get shirts tailored to sit like that in length. but then it becomes a matter of cost/effort/benefit.

True, although there has to be a store that sells button ups that are a bit shorter. I see people wearing them all the time, yet can never find any. :p

Rocking the new grey jeans I bought today. First pair of non-blue jeans I've bought. Now I just need to get shoes to go with them, as my brown clarks look a bit odd with grey jeans and a black shirt.

True, although there has to be a store that sells button ups that are a bit shorter. I see people wearing them all the time, yet can never find any. :p

Rocking the new grey jeans I bought today. First pair of non-blue jeans I've bought. Now I just need to get shoes to go with them, as my brown clarks look a bit odd with grey jeans and a black shirt.

Some small J Crew button ups that say "casual" on the label look great untucked on me. I'm 5'10".

I've run into the same problem. I have plenty of dress shirts that look great tucked in, but I cannot for the life of me find good, slim-fitting shirts that are short enough to wear casually untucked.

dumb question... but how does one wash polo shirts properly so that the collar doesn't become all curly. Been trying different things with the dryer and irons but can't seem to find a good solution.

coldvein

Banned
i have a clothes question.

i'm going to a wedding in june. i dont know the people getting married or anything, these are friends of my girlfriend. i'll probably be meeting a lot of her friends for the first time. the dude that she dumped to be with me will be there. i dont want to look like a scrub. i want to make a good impression. i dont want to look like an asshole. any general ideas of what i should wear? i dont own any nice clothes. i figure it's better to start thinking about this in advance and getting shit together instead of freaking out about it the day beforehand.

Guevara

Jack Spade has a sale. Good deal/Bad deal this brief case for $67.50:

NYRU1151_001_1

It's waxed canvas.

Antagon

i'm going to a wedding in june. i dont know the people getting married or anything, these are friends of my girlfriend. i'll probably be meeting a lot of her friends for the first time. the dude that she dumped to be with me will be there. i dont want to look like a scrub. i want to make a good impression. i dont want to look like an asshole. any general ideas of what i should wear? i dont own any nice clothes. i figure it's better to start thinking about this in advance and getting shit together instead of freaking out about it the day beforehand.

Geta decent suit and dress shoes. Only real option for a wedding.

dope swaggy summer suit. crush his nuts with your swag.

kuhlman will measure you

suits are 800 or something though.

check out h&m, they fit slim and modern for the most part. even if you don't buy you can get an idea of what size you are (guessing 36R)

men's warehouse stuff is like $400 right? I don't feel like their stuff is amazing, but the suit i got didn't scare away interviewers... so can't be too bad.

Go find a cheap chinese silk suit. They look great, flashy, and are cheap.

Ties

Banned
Where do you guys go to find prints like these:

There's a TopMan in my area but their prices are a bit ridiculous considering I can go somewhere else to find a similar pattern for cheaper.
I'm only 16, so I need something in my price range, I don't really go for anything that's above $50 either.

Also the H&M here rarely, if ever, stocks anything like this though and other retailers simply don't have the pattern I'm looking for.

Desi

Coldvein: could order a suit from Uniqlo and get any adjustments altered by a tailor with a decent magazine reference in hand. I still stand by my Zara reference earlier in the thread but also don't forget about Suitsupply.

Shoes and ties are a different story.

Spend the entire day wandering around New York trying to find SLP skinny jeans in 29 and high tops in 44. The worst part is, two days ago I went to the SLP store and tried on the highs in 44, but when I went back to buy them, someone had gotten there first. Ugh!

Anyways, if anyone knows somewhere in DC that sells SLP, that would be great.

Oh, and the second US Acne store is opening up in downtown Los Angeles, if anyone cares.

yeah it's breaking in and smoothin out in places, which makes the veiny goodness all the more delicious.

Speaking of toj, my kva bomber is near death, so I'm probably gonna have to cop the wool ma-1 soon. In fact, I stopped writing to send them an email haha.

Also, that new bcdr is tasty. gahh

Alucrid

Banned
yeah it's breaking in and smoothin out in places, which makes the veiny goodness all the more delicious.

Speaking of toj, my kva bomber is near death, so I'm probably gonna have to cop the wool ma-1 soon. In fact, I stopped writing to send them an email haha.

Also, that new bcdr is tasty. gahh

Yeah, want the black wool ma1 and a tan or grey suede bcdr

but i have no money :(

time to start that at-home massage business through backpage.

I like the idea of a suede bcdr but dunno in what. or maybe calf or unglazed goat. I'm obsessed with goats for some reason.

Boken

Banned
Where do you guys go to find prints like these:

There's a TopMan in my area but their prices are a bit ridiculous considering I can go somewhere else to find a similar pattern for cheaper.
I'm only 16, so I need something in my price range, I don't really go for anything that's above $50 either.

Also the H&M here rarely, if ever, stocks anything like this though and other retailers simply don't have the pattern I'm looking for.

oh man screw floral prints, birds on my shirt are so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom