• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweatpants and running shoes is kinda old man style
Old men didn't have sweatpants cut like the one's Alucrid is wearing in that photo. That's the difference.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to look into some decent sweatpants. I didn't like the look at first, but the style has grown on me the past few months. If I can find some solid ones in the $100-$160 range I might bite.

What kind of glasses are these? Or what style are the frames? If I wanted a similar pair, what should I look for or say?

Ryan-Gosling.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I went out shopping yesterday and I went a little trouser crazy. I bought a pair of red chinos, yellow chinos, and green shorts. I also bought a navy blue woven tie.

I now need stuff to match with those pants. What do you guys suggest? I'm thinking polos/button-up shirts in neutral colors (white, blue) would be a safe bet, but I'm wondering what other items would match well.

Edit: Also I ordered these last week, they should be arriving this week:

2195791-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Fritz

Well, they do look and feel like a quality product for instance. Don't know if that's conveyed by my shitty bathroom pics. But here you go.

Also the reflections and the artificial lighting make them look off a bit. I feel like they are less prominent in daylight.

Incredibly vague request but does anyone here have a particular line of light, thin jackets they might recommend? Live in Texas so the heat is going to start coming in soon but I don't generally like going jacketless. Would like it to go well with as many colors as possible.

Under 300 dollars would be preferable, visited my uncle a few weeks ago who spent 2 grand at Bloomingdales in one trip. My fragile mind was torn apart.

sunglasses look very nice. might hop on this bandwagon for the summer.

Anyone know how non-arena Balenciaga sneakers fit? Wanna know if I can squeeze into size 8 if I'm 9.5
I'm a 9 in CP, 9 in chuck taylors, 9 in kva, and a 9 in the non-arena balenciagas.

Incredibly vague request but does anyone here have a particular line of light, thin jackets they might recommend? Live in Texas so the heat is going to start coming in soon but I don't generally like going jacketless. Would like it to go well with as many colors as possible.

Under 300 dollars would be preferable, visited my uncle a few weeks ago who spent 2 grand at Bloomingdales in one trip. My fragile mind was torn apart.
I just got this:

http://www.wrongweather.net/shop/product/calcite-dark-cardigan-jacket

and it is suuuuper lightweight polyester. also grey, so kinda flexible. Aspesi also makes ultra lightweight jackets too, prices and colors are a bit more diverse. Not quite as spendy but they are nice. I think Kraftwerk (sp? sorry :/) got a nice lightweight summer jacket not too long ago, maybe he'll pop in here.

"birch" is plenty white, but the natural sole-wraparound thing kills it and suede is for babies and the elderly. You'd think with such sneakery stuff they'd do all-white.

honestly if I had the money I'd cop the feit, they're close to perfection. I like that they recommend wearing barefoot. That is not something I would recommend anyone do with my most current shorts-appropriate shoe, the navy waxed-canvas Van's.

I must have bad taste in shoes.

What should these be worn with?

It's not so much what it can be worn with but when it can be worn. I don't know what he does but I'm in finance and lighter colors like that are just frowned upon. It should only be black or dark brown. If it's not for work then you can wear it whatever but depending on your job it's sort of frowned upon. This becomes less true as you become older though. If you're younger you have less freedom but once you've been there a while/older then you can get away with bolder choices in clothing. Again, I don't know his job but I assume it's something similar as far as clothing goes.

just copped these Allen Edmonds on sale.

953980-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

now I just gotta find a more conservative brown pair for the new gig.

You should have checked lord and taylor too. I don't remember if they had any shoes in dark brown since they are selective in the colors they carry but had 25% off of all of them. Unfortunately it ended today but they were cleaned out pretty much everywhere anyhow when I went on saturday.

Rookje

Anyone have any Rogue Territory denim? I tried some on and the fit was not great, but they seem to be popular with all the Tumblr/Instagram menswear crowd.

Anyone have any Rogue Territory denim? I tried some on and the fit was not great, but they seem to be popular with all the Tumblr/Instagram menswear crowd.
I looked through some samples in the office today and they're pretty nice. Great detailing but almost too much so. Has this weird contrasting white fly flap that can make it look like your fly is constantly open. With that said, the fit and construction looks great. Seems like a real solid American denim.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dark purple shirt tomorrow. I know I can wear black pants and shoes with it, but I also have some darker grey pants. If I wear those I assume I go brown belt and shoes? Or black still?

Macka

I'm new to buying clothes online, but I want to start! That said, how can you be sure you're getting the right size, especially if you were to buy from an overseas website?

I have my eye on this
image1xl.jpg

but I'm hesitant because of the above.

Fritz

I'm new to buying clothes online, but I want to start! That said, how can you be sure you're getting the right size, especially if you were to buy from an overseas website?

I have my eye on this
image1xl.jpg

but I'm hesitant because of the above.

Well they usually have size charts (Asos does). Otherwise make sure they have a return policy that works for you.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I need new black work shoes. The pants I always wear are more chinos than dress pants though, would black shiny loafers look good with them? Or would they look slightly odd given that they aren't technically "dress" pants? The shoes I have now are more matte black (still a bit shiny but not very).

Suggestions for black work shoes to wear with non-dress pant chinos and button ups?

size charts, measurements where available, willingness to occasionally eat a loss.

So I need new black work shoes. The pants I always wear are more chinos than dress pants though, would black shiny loafers look good with them? Or would they look slightly odd given that they aren't technically "dress" pants? The shoes I have now are more matte black (still a bit shiny but not very).

Suggestions for black work shoes to wear with non-dress pant chinos and button ups?
I'd think a natural/dark suede or tumbled leather would be better than black, unless you are stuck on black for a particular reason.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

The general rule is your shoes should be darker than your pants. What color are your chinos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom