• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was planning to go shopping for shirts/polos/tees this weekend but I ended up getting stuck in the office all day Saturday/today. *sigh* Guess I'll have to do my shopping next week.

Joe

can anyone recommend nice sunglasses in the $50 range?

warby parkers at $95 is the high end of my budget but i'd like to spend less than that if i can.

warby parkers at $95 is the high end of my budget but i'd like to spend less than that if i can.

I lucked out one time hitting up an Oakley Outlet and got a pretty nice pair of glasses for 60, marked down from 155

Do you have a specific style in mind? You might just try an H&M or Urban Outfitters and see what they have in stock. Not sure what the quality is going to be like but they'll certainly be within your price range.

Joe

Aviators or Wayfarer'esque.

I went to H&M and the quality was JUNK. Even at H&M i'm not expecting anything great but it was like dollar store shit.

Might try Urban Outfitters.

The unfortunate thing about sunglasses is that there seems to be a very large monetary gap between junk and quality shades in those styles.

I know Urban sells a range of stuff, I've heard good things about Sunpocket for instance and I believe they carry them there. Maybe even try Express? I think they make shades too.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Your options with fashionable sun glasses are pretty much as follows:

$8-10 - Knock offs from Zumiez, Pacsun, etc

$95 - $200 - Authentic Wayfarers/Aviators at Solstice/ Sunglass Hut

$200+ - Oliver Peoples/ other thangs

speaking of sunglasses, I have always been a fan of wooden framed ones. But I have yet to pull the trigger on a pair because I feel like it will just be a novelty piece.

jBM5FewASVLrI.jpg

what do you guys think, stupid or awesome?

Rookje

Anyone know a good denim tailor in the OC area? Might try these guys. My N&F have stretched so much that they're almost unwearable (I've also lost a little bit of weight too I guess). I'd also want to hem and taper them. So all together it would be a hem, taper and taking in the waist. Do you guys think that's too many alterations and I should just get new ones? lol

Anyone know a good denim tailor in the OC area? Might try these guys. My N&F have stretched so much that they're almost unwearable (I've also lost a little bit of weight too I guess). I'd also want to hem and taper them. So all together it would be a hem, taper and taking in the waist. Do you guys think that's too many alterations and I should just get new ones? lol
It's not too many alterations if you really like them. Keep in mind if you wash them (assuming you haven't already) they'll shrink a decent amount so that could be an alternative option to tailoring.

In fact, if you plan on washing them at some point, you should probably do it now, before you get the waist taken in. They might end up being too snug otherwise (this happened to me).

What are the best websites to ship clothes to the EU? Anything like JackThreads?
yoox does a lot of EU shipping, their main warehouse is in italy. everything from $20-$20,000. Not an edited selection of goods like jackthreads, but IMO the sheer size and ability to narrow down searches makes it a non-issue. great return policy too.

Really digging the Rust Chinos from the Naked & Famous FW 2013 line up. This is one of the colors I was most excited about when I first saw the lookbook. I think it's a nice muted take on the colored chinos you find in the summer.

naked-and-famous-canada-raw-selvedge-selvage-japanese-blue-owl-workshop-seattle-washington-2013-2014-fall-winter-preview-denim-jeans-chinos-trend-watch-01x.jpg

speaking of sunglasses, I have always been a fan of wooden framed ones. But I have yet to pull the trigger on a pair because I feel like it will just be a novelty piece.

what do you guys think, stupid or awesome?

I have a pair of those or something similar, they should be awesome but they always just end up looking stupid on my face or anyone else who has tried them on.

ramyeon

Really digging the Rust Chinos from the Naked & Famous FW 2013 line up. This is one of the colors I was most excited about when I first saw the lookbook. I think it's a nice muted take on the colored chinos you find in the summer.

naked-and-famous-canada-raw-selvedge-selvage-japanese-blue-owl-workshop-seattle-washington-2013-2014-fall-winter-preview-denim-jeans-chinos-trend-watch-01x.jpg
These are almost exactly the colour of chinos I've been wanting for so long. They look fantastic.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
You're married to that avatar now, I hope you realize.

Really looking forward to the next page so I no longer have to see that ugly dude in the black suit.

Kraftwerk

Looking for some white shoes.

I mostly dress very minimalist. No patterns or graphics, just simple, clean & lightweight clothing. Need a pair of white shoes that looks good and classy, not just like a cheap sneaker.

Willing to spend 200-300...more if I like it. Don't want loafers. I have a very hard time describing what I want. I guess a very modern and clean white sneaker?

Alucrid

Banned
Looking for some white shoes.

I mostly dress very minimalist. No patterns or graphics, just simple, clean & lightweight clothing. Need a pair of white shoes that looks good and classy, not just like a cheap sneaker.

Willing to spend 200-300...more if I like it. Don't want loafers. I have a very hard time describing what I want. I guess a very modern and clean white sneaker?

common projects achilles

or maybe just vans

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Also, if that's ugly then boy am I fucked.

But you're not ugly. That guy's got a giant head, a terrible haircut, and panhandler scruff.

are there versions of those boat shoes with heels

the ones i see at marshalls are mad flat like it barely has a sole. i need them for my after graduation frat meet

Yes. I cannot recall specific brand names, but I've seen ones with a pronounced heel frequently at Nordstrom or Macy's.

AEProjectsNo1_Trainers_0030_v1-e1350325659922.jpg

haerfest, $200

just rubber is ok. anything that isnt superflat like the ones ive seen
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF63000_1_40000000001_-1

or some other loafer from them.

but check out that sweet baseball stitching.

edit:

allenedmonds_shoes_duke_brown_side_l.jpg

Horween® Leather Company, one of our oldest providers, has been making the "The Duke" football in its Chicago tannery for decades. Using the same leather they use for the classic game ball, we've designed a shoe that captures the true essence of the gridiron.

How can you not love that attention to detail?

Lunchbox

Banned
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF63000_1_40000000001_-1

or some other loafer from them.

but check out that sweet baseball stitching.

thats kinda more than what i was expecting (70-80 bucks was what i was expecting especially after my university gang raped my pockets for a cap and gown that cost them like 2$ to make)

but whatevs ill try out some sperrys tomorrow after class, if cant find anything ill order these.

its only money, we'll make more

let me paint you a picture here lunchbox

not but two years out of university, you are a up-and-coming ad executive at a fortune 500 company. you're up for a substantial promotion, but there is one other candidate you are in close competition with, some rube who makes the numbers work but has the class of a mcdonald's napkin.

football season rolls around, and everyone is welcome to wear something sports related on game day. naturally, this achilles heel of a schlub, gunning for your position, comes in donning some lame sports apparel and team sneakers. he strolls by your office, pokes his smarmy head in, passively-aggressively questioning out loud how you could talk so much of your love for the game but have nothing to show.

bemused, you casually look up from your computer, taking a moment from browsing your cougarlife profile (deleting all the requests from 8's since your inbox is full), smile confidently, and reply, "Your flammable polyesters are nice, but my loafers are made with the pebbled, high-quality tanned leather used in official NFL footballs"

AGCCF.gif

The man turns ghostly white, heads to the elevator, and is never seen from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom