• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i need some good, durable, cheap and stylish hoodies

thoughts?

Free_Shipping_Men_Homme_High_collar_Zipper_side_coat_2011_top_brand_men_s_jackets_men_s_dust_coat_sweatshirt_Size_M_L_XL_XXL_.jpg_200x200.jpg
size down for best fit

caesar

Banned
let me paint you a picture here lunchbox

not but two years out of university, you are a up-and-coming ad executive at a fortune 500 company. you're up for a substantial promotion, but there is one other candidate you are in close competition with, some rube who makes the numbers work but has the class of a mcdonald's napkin.

football season rolls around, and everyone is welcome to wear something sports related on game day. naturally, this achilles heel of a schlub, gunning for your position, comes in donning some lame sports apparel and team sneakers. he strolls by your office, pokes his smarmy head in, passively-aggressively questioning out loud how you could talk so much of your love for the game but have nothing to show.

bemused, you casually look up from your computer, taking a moment from browsing your cougarlife profile (deleting all the requests from 8's since your inbox is full), smile confidently, and reply, "Your flammable polyesters are nice, but my loafers are made with the pebbled, high-quality tanned leather used in official NFL footballs"

AGCCF.gif

The man turns ghostly white, heads to the elevator, and is never seen from again.

haha

Rookje

What are some of your guys fashion peeves.

Every dude I see around work wears plaid fucking shorts. When will it die??

plaid+shorts.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sneakers when worn inappropriately really bug me. You can have a really well thought-out, well put-together outfit that exudes class and sophistication, and then completely ruin the entire thing by wearing sneakers. Why do people do this? Yes they're more comfortable than any other shoe but you're doing yourself such a disservice by wearing them.

f0rk

Sneakers when worn inappropriately really bug me. You can have a really well thought-out, well put-together outfit that exudes class and sophistication, and then completely ruin the entire thing by wearing sneakers. Why do people do this? Yes they're more comfortable than any other shoe but you're doing yourself such a disservice by wearing them.

You're just jealous you don't have any sneaker game

What are some of your guys fashion peeves.
Ties with untucked dress shirts is one that really gets me. It's like the dude tried to be sophisticated with the tie but didn't want to go all the way with it.

Business in the front, party in the back. It's the fashion mullet.

Ties with untucked dress shirts is one that really gets me. It's like the dude tried to be sophisticated with the tie but didn't want to go all the way with it.

Business in the front, party in the back. It's the fashion mullet.

As much as I usually rock #teamuntucked, untucked while wearing a tie is a big no-no, even if I'm being casual about it.

Probably my one peeve would be guys who wear white socks with their loafers/boat shoes/dress shoes. Every day while commuting on BART, I will see lots of guys doing this day in-day out.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got a question and maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for hand carved wooden bead bracelets. There was a specific brand I was looking for, but can't remember the name. I remember the website completely though. It basically looked like a tumblr site, stripped down, simple and minimal in design. the company was run by a couple dudes and they made the bracelets all themselves. They charged about 40-50 bucks for their work and they looked quite amazing.

if anyone has any sites that sound remotely familiar, just toss em at me.

Got a question and maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for hand carved wooden bead bracelets. There was a specific brand I was looking for, but can't remember the name. I remember the website completely though. It basically looked like a tumblr site, stripped down, simple and minimal in design. the company was run by a couple dudes and they made the bracelets all themselves. They charged about 40-50 bucks for their work and they looked quite amazing.

if anyone has any sites that sound remotely familiar, just toss em at me.
GoodwoodNYC maybe?

Just bought the Naked and Famous blue poka-dotted shirt. I'm not normally a button-down shirt kind of guy but had to make an exception for this one.

overcast

Shit, I feel like I've been stuck wearing button ups lately. I mean I have a shitload of different ones, and I have different pants. It looks plenty good, but I've been wanting to mix it up lately. Any ideas?

Need to get some shorts this year, I'm doing it. Shorts and glasses for the summer. Will be the first time ever getting glasses. Trying to look for a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom