• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Another kind of dumb question, where do you guys get white T-shirts to wear by themselves that aren't too thin (see skin color underneath)? Thicker white T-shirts?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lacoste...cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=lacoste_v-neck_t-shirt

C0XuErk.png

I'm going to a birthday part today. I was thinking about going out in this. What do you guys think?

Hkv9iDm.jpg
Maybe not an ideal outfit for summer but nothing about it looks wrong to me. I agree that more color would look better though. Maybe even a heather grey tee would help?

Denim fits well too. Your legs are skinny as fuck though.

i0mvRhNwDRMSr.jpg

Any suggestions for sneakers in this style? Looking for grey mid-top or high-top and something that is not too busy.
Maybe try the Clae Russell? I think they have a grey version.

lenovox1

Those actually look nice and fitted, but $50 for a plain T? Nooooope.

I may just go to Target and see if any of the Hanes white Tees are thicker. Or I'll splurge and see if American Apparel's are decent for $18 a piece.

Actually, Target's Merona and Mossimo brands are great mid-range options, especially for basics. You should be able to find something just fine at Target.

Actually, Target's Merona and Mossimo brands are great mid-range options, especially for basics. You should be able to find something just fine at Target.

Yup, just be aware that the v-necks and crew necks do not fit the same, even if they're the same brand. I find the crew necks to be too wide and short, while the v-necks and slim are just the right length.

Those actually look nice and fitted, but $50 for a plain T? Nooooope.

I may just go to Target and see if any of the Hanes white Tees are thicker. Or I'll splurge and see if American Apparel's are decent for $18 a piece.

Im pretty particular about cheap T's and I found these ones are good

https://shop.hurley.com/department/basic-tees-10238.cfm?killnav=1&did=10026

Solids are 100 percent cotton

heathers are 50 50

The fit is fantastic if you arent a fatty(tapered waist, still long enough to tuck though), which if I remember correctly you aren't. And the white is thick enough that you wont see nips but thin enough that it wont look like you are wearing midwestern jersey cotton shite.

Fritz

That sounds everything I hate. Stiff and short? How about long, slim, and soft?

Ha, I loath AA's shirts. Too long and too much stretch. Plus Carhartt shirts are actually slimmer and the cotton is pretty soft (and it is 100% cotton). At least from my experience.

Maybe AA is just not for my body type but nothing seems to fit right.

Lunchbox

Banned
last time i oreder 2 tees from american apparel, i use both for drying dishes now.

those things felt like they were made out of sheets of paper

last time i oreder 2 tees from american apparel, i use both for drying dishes now.

those things felt like they were made out of sheets of paper
yeah their quality control is incredibly bad. I've had shirts disintegrate at the seams after one wash, and some last a couple of years. Don't know if this extends to their button ups or pants, and I'm not sure if I want to try and find out.

ime they usually only have them in the basic white-grey-black. most of the striped stuff is regular fit, which is a bummer, because the athletic cut stuff is very nice.

That might explain it then. I don't usually get white or black tees, grey yes, but I'm probably glossing over the other two colors. Might actually grab a white one if I see them though. Hopefully they have it in v-neck.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So is that a neither on the all grey or all white? What should I be looking for in summer shoes? I just want something like those that can go with any color combo of shorts/t-shirt that I wear them with. Light, dark, tan, etc.

I like the style of those, just can't decide what color to get.

Or should I just go with brown? It goes with everything right?

Also sometimes you have to be trolling. That belt costs like $10 more than the shoes I'm looking at. A belt.

Just get a few different pairs of shoes. I have a pair of white shoes, a pair of off-white shoes (these don't get much use, since that color is just weird), a pair of blue shoes, and I just bought some sand/khaki oxfords. Yes white shoes go with a lot of colors, but if you're wearing khaki chinos then they might clash with the white shoes, so you might want something darker.

Lunchbox

Banned
Just get a few different pairs of shoes. I have a pair of white shoes, a pair of off-white shoes (these don't get much use, since that color is just weird), a pair of blue shoes, and I just bought some sand/khaki oxfords. Yes white shoes go with a lot of colors, but if you're wearing khaki chinos then they might clash with the white shoes, so you might want something darker.

people arent made of money

Rookje

Ha, I loath AA's shirts. Too long and too much stretch. Plus Carhartt shirts are actually slimmer and the cotton is pretty soft (and it is 100% cotton). At least from my experience.

Maybe AA is just not for my body type but nothing seems to fit right.

Have you tried Armani Exchange shirts? I know it sounds bad, but the basic shirts are pretty basic and aren't flooded with A|X logos all over them. They're the best fitting shirts I've found for myself.

Back from temp ban request!

All I have to contribute is some insight. One of the biggest pitfalls of buying clothes online is when something like this pops up on your screen and puts an end to all rational thought.

Oh my damn.
Personally, I dig this one, but mostly for dat closeup shot.

Oh my god. It's like 88 in Santa Monica today. It's gonna be a hot summer. Time to invest in some ballin tank tops.
Yeah dude, 75 in Seattle (which is huge for us). I literally own zero tanks so I'm planning on picking some up this weekend as well.

Am I the only one who doesn't wear shorts in the summer. Unless of course the situation specifically calls for it like I'm camping or anything of that nature.

Otherwise it's tshirt and jeans. There isn't a real reason why either, just not comfortable wearing shorts for some reason, too casual for me maybe. Or something. Just how I am.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
When I was a little kid, that's all I'd wear was shorts, but now shorts are more for around the house or down to the deli nearby.

It's definitely a comfort/relax style. Pants are like a "I got shit to do" look (but pants without socks or shoes are also relax worthy wear).

When I was a little kid, that's all I'd wear was shorts, but now shorts are more for around the house or down to the deli nearby.

It's definitely a comfort/relax style. Pants are like a "I got shit to do" look
yeah when I was a kid I was exactly the same.

Any time I try to explain to someone why I don't like wearing shorts much I can never do it without sounding like I'm insulting those who do in a way lol, even though I totally don't mean to and I know it's just my preference. I keep trying to say it's TOO casual and some would take that to mean that I'm implying they dress like lazy slobs or something while I'm of the classy sort. But it's not what I mean at all. Another response I got sometimes is "aren't you HOTTTT" as if it makes that big a difference, which it doesn't to me.

Alucrid

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't wear shorts in the summer. Unless of course the situation specifically calls for it like I'm camping or anything of that nature.

Otherwise it's tshirt and jeans. There isn't a real reason why either, just not comfortable wearing shorts for some reason, too casual for me maybe. Or something. Just how I am.

i wear cropped pants braah

Lunchbox

Banned
macuser help, can you wear a suit jacket with a chinos and pull it off as a blazer? I'm thinking white Oxford, jacket and chinos for this semi formal thing. don't wanna do full suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom