• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Okay, I'm gonna try to hunt it down then.
You can find jackets that look like this at any shopping mall in Korea, especially the underground malls. Try the underground malls connected to the subway stations at Yeongdeungpo (Times Square shopping mall stop) or Bupyeong (Incheon, towards the end of subway line 1) if you're in or around Seoul. Also Myeongdong's big shopping mall directly outside the subway exit or Dongdaemun would have shitloads of stuff like that.

Don't expect fantastic quality. But at least you'll be able to try them on in most cases, and they'll be cheaper than the ones on eBay too.

watershed

Banned
You can find jackets that look like this at any shopping mall in Korea, especially the underground malls. Try the underground malls connected to the subway stations at Yeongdeungpo (Times Square shopping mall stop) or Bupyeong (Incheon, towards the end of subway line 1) if you're in or around Seoul. Also Myeongdong's big shopping mall directly outside the subway exit or Dongdaemun would have shitloads of stuff like that.

Don't expect fantastic quality. But at least you'll be able to try them on in most cases, and they'll be cheaper than the ones on eBay too.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna buy in person, I'm headed to Cheonan soon so I'm gonna look for something like that there. I wonder if the Shinsegae will have something like that? Though with the weather heating up maybe its a purchase better suited for after the summer.

ramyeon

Yeah I'm definitely gonna buy in person, I'm headed to Cheonan soon so I'm gonna look for something like that there. I wonder if the Shinsegae will have something like that? Though with the weather heating up maybe its a purchase better suited for after the summer.
Shinsegae won't. That's a mall with mostly designer and luxury brands. These are cheapo jackets that are stocked by all the small shops that cut from the same designs. Best bet is the places I listed, but yeah, the season's kinda wrong for finding that sort of stuff. I saw heaps of similar jackets being sold in Autumn and Winter though.

watershed

Banned
Shinsegae won't. That's a mall with mostly designer and luxury brands. These are cheapo jackets that are stocked by all the small shops that cut from the same designs. Best bet is the places I listed, but yeah, the season's kinda wrong for finding that sort of stuff. I saw heaps of similar jackets being sold in Autumn and Winter though.

I know for sure there aren't any jackets like that in my town, not last season either. Maybe I will check out an underground while in Cheonan though the last time I went to the one near the train station there wasn't a lot to look at. Thanks for the info.

ramyeon

I know for sure there aren't any jackets like that in my town, not last season either. Maybe I will check out an underground while in Cheonan though the last time I went to the one near the train station there wasn't a lot to look at. Thanks for the info.
Next time you're near Incheon, check out Bupyeong. It's one of the largest in the country I think. It's massive and sprawling.

Tawpgun

What are some of your guys fashion peeves.

Every dude I see around work wears plaid fucking shorts. When will it die??

plaid+shorts.jpg

I wear this on the reg during the summer. What kinda shorts am I supposed to wear? Pastels?

Yoshiya

I went balls to the walls today and bought a pair of really bright green jeans. Decided to add more color to my wardrobe for summer. Will post a pic later.

I bought some bright green chinos a while ago and they've been pretty great. Not exactly the most versatile though so I struggle to wear them too often.

my posts here are always totally pointless as i go to find a pic and then can never be bother to follow through.

I'm going to a birthday part today. I was thinking about going out in this. What do you guys think?

Looks fine to me. Nothing terribly exciting, but not offensive either. I'm not sure about the shoes, though I can't really tell from the angle you are taking the picture from.

Got a question and maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for hand carved wooden bead bracelets. There was a specific brand I was looking for, but can't remember the name. I remember the website completely though. It basically looked like a tumblr site, stripped down, simple and minimal in design. the company was run by a couple dudes and they made the bracelets all themselves. They charged about 40-50 bucks for their work and they looked quite amazing.

if anyone has any sites that sound remotely familiar, just toss em at me.

is it BRRYBNDS?

I hate those plaid shorts too, very bro. I also don't like people wearing swimtrunks in public in places where there is no water, but those "walking shorts" I see around now aren't that far off and I like those... haha.

giga

Party's over guys. No more free return shipping at my habit. Fucking shit. How can you buy clothes or shoes online without free returns?!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What the hell happened in here?

I need to go buy shorts soon. You know, when it stops snowing. It was 80 degrees Monday and Tuesday, yesterday and today it's 25 and a snowstorm. The fuck.

Looking to pull the chino shorts and tee look with some decent shoes. I just need to figure out good color combos, and what shoes to get and I'll be golden.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So if I'm going with some low cut slip-ons for summer am I better off going all white, or all light grey?

I can't hit the buy button because I keep going back and forth. I assume all white will go with any color combo right? If I happen to wear some darker shorts + darker shirt the shoes won't be too bright and stick out too much right?

Here are the choices: (Hate for Lacoste aside, which color is better to wear with every color combo?)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So is that a neither on the all grey or all white? What should I be looking for in summer shoes? I just want something like those that can go with any color combo of shorts/t-shirt that I wear them with. Light, dark, tan, etc.

I like the style of those, just can't decide what color to get.

Or should I just go with brown? It goes with everything right?

why would anyone hate lacoste?

check this awesome belt i got where you can flip the buckle so its brown and dressy on one side and blue and summery on the other

G][/QUOTE]

Also sometimes you have to be trolling. That belt costs like $10 more than the shoes I'm looking at. A belt.

f0rk

The white ones will get scuffed up more but that can be what you're going for so it depends. If you want them to stay similar to how they are when you bought them get the grey ones.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, I'm not so worried about dirtying up the white shoes, so maybe those are it. They would go with tan shorts and any t-shirt color combo. They may not go with black/grey combos as well (stick out a lot) but I have some grey Sperrys for that I guess.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Any new looks for beach wear? Heading on a trip in a week. Something for the evenings that looks somewhat classy aside from regular patterned board shorts and tshirt.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
White ordered. I'll show them off when they get here.

Now I just need some good chino shorts that aren't too short, in a variety of colors!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Another kind of dumb question, where do you guys get white T-shirts to wear by themselves that aren't too thin (see skin color underneath)? Thicker white T-shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom