• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
it's probably too formal. if you can snag a nice fitting light cotton or navy blazer w/ brass or gold buttons then do it.
don't joke bro. there's this chick that invited me and her dads loaded. gotta make a good impression on her yuppie ass brother and a bunch of cunty friends. pull for me

oh i'm not joking at all brah. navy blazer + brass buttons is where you want to be.

this:

CqCVfss.jpg

down a couple notches in formality

Lunchbox

Banned
Depending on just how rich and posh these people are then it's likely you won't be good enough unless you are wearing 2k dollar jackets.
I'm from her dads school so I got a line going on that. but the rest of the sluts she is friends with are a bunch of Rhode Island weirdos. being cozy with her isn't my goal, but being friends with her dad is the main target. #goldenticket

those feels when you get the fedex custom bill you tried to forget was coming

those other feels when you find a cool deadstock late 90s designer shirt on ebay, buy it, and the seller tells you it's gone and refunds your money when you really wanted that shirt.

:( :(

Where's a good place to get men's shorts that are an above the knee affair instead of those awful below the knee wide unflattering jokes on fashion?

overcast

I swear half of the pictures in this thread are of weird ass shorts, "male" dresses, and shitty patterns on everything.

But I love it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if there is a better thread for this but I'm looking for some steel toe boots for work. Is Red Wing a good brand to choose from?

kaskade

Man, I want some new shoes but I don't have any idea what I want. Something for the summer. Usually I just rock some boat shoes but I need to switch it up.

Musician

Payqitl.png

Ah, springtime/summer is finally here! Just came home with this neat Tabacchi jacket. I do realize the shirt is a bit busy, but I couldn't be arsed to change.

Also - hi manshion gaf!

Man, I want some new shoes but I don't have any idea what I want. Something for the summer. Usually I just rock some boat shoes but I need to switch it up.

Have you considered a pair of these

eF3Z5fq.jpg

I hear they're all the rage!

Lunchbox

Banned
we're on the same wavelength bro. it's like mansion is the male equivalent of periods
my date with the rich dudes daughter went fantastic. she kept pulling me towards her slutty friends but I was locked in winning her dads heart. he even complemented on my shirt saying he has exactly the same one. I gave him a redsox hat an BOOM I was in

ditched the blazer idea cuase it's like 70 outside today and went Ralph Lauren button up ( UNTUCKED and rolled sleeves), shorts and sperrys with hollister SoCal tropcal mango cologne

my date with the rich dudes daughter went fantastic. she kept pulling me towards her slutty friends but I was locked in winning her dads heart. he even complemented on my shirt saying he has exactly the same one. I gave him a redsox hat an BOOM I was in

ditched the blazer idea cuase it's like 70 outside today and went Ralph Lauren button up ( UNTUCKED and rolled sleeves), shorts and sperrys with hollister SoCal tropcal mango cologne

I've always wanted to meet a rich person who actually wore something like Ralph Lauren. The wealthiest guy I know just wears jeans and New Balance. Pretty disappointing, actually.

Musician

I've always wanted to meet a rich person who actually wore something like Ralph Lauren. The wealthiest guy I know just wears jeans and New Balance. Pretty disappointing, actually.

I'd say most of the famous expensive brands (Ralph, Armani, Gant etc) is mostly geared towards the upper-middle class or people with a modest income wanting to emulate their wealthier peers by spending all their money on a pair of jeans or a California Goose jacket (the worst offender of this). That's the way it works in Europe anyway.

its a brunch next to the mystic seaport. So the boat shoes stay. this is what i got for tomorrow-

the jacket feels too formal, but a just a shirt and tie would feel underdressed. might have to make a late night run to borrow my dad's blazer

I know you wish you could wear that jacket inside out

Alucrid

Banned
I'd say most of the famous expensive brands (Ralph, Armani, Gant etc) is mostly geared towards the upper-middle class or people with a modest income wanting to emulate their wealthier peers by spending all their money on a pair of jeans or a California Goose jacket (the worst offender of this). That's the way it works in Europe anyway.

So uh. Canada.

Canada Goose.

Lunchbox

Banned

this is what i say to myself when i shop at target

Armani is now a sub-tier luxury brand? lol

Emporio or Exchange sure, you can find them in a common mall, but Giorgio Armani? nah

some nordstroms also sell Chanel ready to wear. Is that not luxury anymore?

emporio casual shirts are usually $300+. I think that qualifies as 'luxury' in the grand scheme.

Lunchbox

Banned
some nordstroms also sell Chanel ready to wear. Is that not luxury anymore?

emporio casual shirts are usually $300+. I think that qualifies as 'luxury' in the grand scheme.

chanel and fendi always seemed like street luxury to me. doesnt have the same swagger as emporios of the world. they are also chick focused so meh

but 300$ for shirts is not luxury, its dumb. Im all for spending a few Ks on a suit, because its a suit. few hundreds on a shoe, fine. its a shoe, needs quality will last a long time.
But my 100$ ralphs, cks, tommys and abercrombies feel just as comfortable and look just as great (or even better) than the designer stuff i tried on.

spending that much on a shirt is meh because the return on investment isnt there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom