• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
What's everyone's take on buttoning shirts all the way up without a tie?

My friend does this and I think it looks unique and cool, but do you guys think it is corny?

My friend does this and I think it looks unique and cool, but do you guys think it is corny?
It works for certain people. I've never been a fan, personally.

I think one or two buttons undone looks way better in most situations. Buttoned all the way generally looks uncomfortable I think.

Cut me some slack, I'm still trying to figure out the art of mirror selfies.

8716246144_b8cf5d12a8_b.jpg

8716246164_279d515a3b_b.jpg

8715127049_1824fd03bf_b.jpg

Sweater- Ann D
Shirt- Neil Barrett
Belt- Gap (keeps me humble)
Jeans- Edwin ED 88
Shoes- Saint Laurent Paris

I love the SLP highs so much that I'm getting them in white this weekend. They are a little slimmer then most highs I've had, but I suppose that's just part of the SLP aesthetic.

Aroo

Neo Member
For the first time in 30 years (since I can remember, I'm 33) I grew toe nails. I need sandal recommendations!

ramyeon

This works with certain shirts I have, others it looks a bit awkward. I tend to do it if I can get away with it though, it looks neater and just better in some cases.

Zekes!

sleeves down as well?

i do it with my cdg and jw shirts cuz thats how the models rock it:D

but yeah it depends on the shirt. plain shirts i usually don't.

I almost always have my sleeves rolled up to mid forearm (this goes for long sleeve t-shirts and light jackets too)

Honestly, I just don't see the practicality of buttoning up the shirt all the way this time of year. If you live anywhere that's routinely over 80 degrees in the summer time, wouldn't that just be uncomfortable?

I guess if it's a real lightweight shirt it's not a big deal, but still, I'd want to have my neck breathe a little bit.

Cut me some slack, I'm still trying to figure out the art of mirror selfies.

Sweater- Ann D
Shirt- Neil Barrett
Belt- Gap (keeps me humble)
Jeans- Edwin ED 88
Shoes- Saint Laurent Paris

I love the SLP highs so much that I'm getting them in white this weekend. They are a little slimmer then most highs I've had, but I suppose that's just part of the SLP aesthetic.
Hot looks dude. I like those jeans especially. Also nice camera.

Zekes!

just cut up an old pair of Levis 511s in to some shorts. Got them cuffed up a few inches above the knee. The wash isn't quite what I want in a jean short, but they'll do.

Anyone have recommendations for stylish running shoes? I've never had running shoes before but I decided that I should pick some up since I'm going to add running to my fitness regimen. Thanks guys!

If you want shoes for actual running you should go get fitted at a place that deals in that sort of thing. I ended up with air pegasus which isn't a bad looking shoe though I rarely wear it for anything else but ya know... running.

For style I love a flyknit. This thread seems to agree on the black/white. I have the blue and pink to freak a contrast. I love 'em.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
A friend of mine uses this Hong Kong-based tailor (Nita Fashions) who comes into town every 2-3 months to take tailoring orders. Essentially he shows up for a week with a bunch of fabrics and you decide how many shirts/suits you want in which fabrics, and he then makes them when he goes back to HK and ships the clothes to you a few weeks later. Shirts cost like $65-95 and suits are around the $700 range I think.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? I'm kind of wary of getting shirts/suits tailored by an out-of-town tailor since I can't really go back to him if something ends up not fitting well.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
My friend has a shirt like that, but it's a lot cheaper.

I couldn't believe how many compliments that dude got while I was hanging out with him that day. I don't know if it is super trendy or what, but his self esteem must have been through the roof.

Seeing those chris pine pics reminds me what I like. Doing the basics well with just a touche of variety, like a slightly unusual cut, an odd pocket somewhere, etc.

That or one loud item like the floral shirt combined with extremely basic other stuff. Like black pants, and basic shoes. All I care about is doing the basics well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom