• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So alot of the shorts I wear are thin and brightly colored, which makes wearing the correct color underwear difficult. Anyone know where I can grab some nude colored underwear? White is too bright and black/grey is just too obvious.

can't think of any off the top of my head. you might need to venture into the internationaljock spectrum of underwear lol.

lunchbox has been banned. will light a funeral pyre of abercrombie shirts and cologne in his memory.

Swig_

Where would be an ideal place to pick up some nice polos that would fit a tall/sort of slim guy? I looked at H&M , but my gf said that it looked too baggy and too short.

Why is being tall so hard, sometimes? :|

Man, the people on Super Future are tearing my outfit to pieces. So much for my brief WAYWT phase.... Though I guess you just can't please the Cult of Rick.

theyre just less held back than us

tbh i hated the boots with the skinnies

They highs looked weird because of the angle. They look a lot different with the skinnies irl. Besides, that isn't even what SuFu was hating on the most. It doesn't bother me, though. The majority of the things they like I find ass-ugly.

Salazar

8TNPR04.jpg

Looking to lift that black patch when it comes. I mean, what the fuck.

Rookje

I'm thinking selling some J Crew shirts, and some other stuff on eBay. But I don't have an eBay account with any feedback on it or anything, and I suck at shipping stuff. Anyone have any tips/suggestions?

I'm thinking selling some J Crew shirts, and some other stuff on eBay. But I don't have an eBay account with any feedback on it or anything, and I suck at shipping stuff. Anyone have any tips/suggestions?
Shipping stuff is literally as easy as putting shirts in a box, and dropping it off somewhere. Hell, if it's USPS the guy might even pick it up from your house. Put the shirts in a plastic bag first and then put it in the box if you're really worried.

As for the no feedback/first time seller, just do a really good job with the description and include as many pictures as possible. Make it look high quality and I don't think anyone will care. Everyone has to start somewhere. Besides, they probably aren't huge ticket items so I doubt people will be particularly skeptical or anything.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I went to that tailor today and ordered 2 pairs of pants (one grey and one navy blue) and 4 shirts (white, blue, pink, and a linen peach), all custom made. Ran me a total of ~$700. I've never used this guy before but I've heard good things, so let's hope this money isn't going to waste.

Deeku

So I went to that tailor today and ordered 2 pairs of pants (one grey and one navy blue) and 4 shirts (white, blue, pink, and a linen peach), all custom made. Ran me a total of ~$700. I've never used this guy before but I've heard good things, so let's hope this money isn't going to waste.
is this the HK one you asked about before? never heard of it, but it was actually mentioned in the ausgaf thread (of all places lol) once. let us know how it goes!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
is this the HK one you asked about before? never heard of it, but it was actually mentioned in the ausgaf thread (of all places lol) once. let us know how it goes!

Yup that's the one. There were quite a few people at his place and a lot of them raved about his clothes, so it seems like he's good at what he does. Looking forward to trying out some of the pieces.

Yeah, they're scoop necks and they're great. Pretty easy to find most places now since it's the current successor to v-necks, which are passe and lame and you should burn any in your closet.

haha, really? I think burning them is going kinda far although I agree if we're strictly talking deep v's here.

I think vnecks can even make decent undershirts so you can avoid that herb-ish crewneck showing under button up steez.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Have to return the white slip-ons I got to wear with shorts, too big even though I sized down. Not sure I like the all white either. :(

I have no idea what shoes to get to wear with shorts this summer. I need something that matches everything...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Have to return the white slip-ons I got to wear with shorts, too big even though I sized down. Not sure I like the all white either. :(

I have no idea what shoes to get to wear with shorts this summer. I need something that matches everything...

Like I mentioned before, it's better if you get a few pairs of shoes so that you can mix and match as desired, but if you get a pair of shoes in a darker color (brown, black, navy), that should generally go with most pants.

This. Narrow ties look like shit.

Skinny knit ties are amazing. I have one from J Crew and I bought another two from a Gilt sale earlier this week.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Like I mentioned before, it's better if you get a few pairs of shoes so that you can mix and match as desired, but if you get a pair of shoes in a darker color (brown, black, navy), that should generally go with most pants.

Yeah. I have a darker gray (maybe a hint of blue?) Sperry's that should work when I wear darker gray/black/green shorts and shirts.

I guess I just need to get a light pair of shoes, but the all white was a bit much. Should I just go with some tan Sperry's or something? Like these:

7458-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I have a darker gray (maybe a hint of blue?) Sperry's that should work when I wear darker gray/black/green shorts and shirts.

I guess I just need to get a light pair of shoes, but the all white was a bit much. Should I just go with some tan Sperry's or something?

I'm personally a huge fan of all white shoes, but they're not for everyone. Tan would be a good color for a shoe, although I'm also partial to burgundy. That color really pairs well with pretty much everything.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking more like this color:

1305086-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

This is just some random shoe from Zappos but it demonstrates the color pretty well. This would go with just about any pair of pants/shorts you wanted to wear. Of the two photos you posted though the second is better.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was thinking more like this color:

1305086-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

This is just some random shoe from Zappos but it demonstrates the color pretty well. This would go with just about any pair of pants/shorts you wanted to wear. Of the two photos you posted though the second is better.

Yeah those may be a bit bold for my tastes there. :p

Skinny knit ties are amazing. I have one from J Crew and I bought another two from a Gilt sale earlier this week.

Yeah I am a fan of a slimmer tie, if you are wearing a wide ass tie you are off trend if you care about that sort of thing.

I particularly like j. crew ties they just seem to hit all the notes I like.

I guess I just need to get a light pair of shoes, but the all white was a bit much. Should I just go with some tan Sperry's or something? Like these:

Why don't you just wear suede bucks or oxfords with shorts? I got a few cheap pairs from nordstrom rack (their 1901 brand) and amazon (bass), I prefer them over boat shoes because they're more comfy and I wear em when I don't want to wear sneakers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why don't you just wear suede bucks or oxfords with shorts? I got a few cheap pairs from nordstrom rack (their 1901 brand) and amazon (bass), I prefer them over boat shoes because they're more comfy and I wear em when I don't want to wear sneakers.

I could but they always seem a bit dressier than what I wear. I usually have on shorts with a plain colored t-shirt.

could get some vans authentics in any light neutral color and be fine I'd think. I have gray ones I wear a lot but it sounds like you already have gray covered.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I could but they always seem a bit dressier than what I wear. I usually have on shorts with a plain colored t-shirt.

It may be worth stepping out of your comfort zone a little bit with one or two items and seeing how you feel. I used to dress very conservatively but then last year I decided to start buying a few more "out there" items to add to my wardrobe. At first my friends were surprised at my sudden change of style, but eventually I got used to it and now I wear much bolder items.

Suede shoes are pretty fashionable these days so investing in a pair is probably not a bad idea. I have a pair of navy suede boat shoes/sneakers and they're amazing:

veja-mediterranee-nubuck-1.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
True, true, I just want to make sure whatever I get doesn't look odd with chino shorts and a solid t-shirt. It's an easy, good looking, universal summer look. :p

EDIT:
I do love my Clarks boots. I guess I could co with something like this? These look nice right?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040GL7KW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

th

EDIT2: Yeah, I may be going with those Clark's. I like the look and they seem like the color will go with anything.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
haha, really? I think burning them is going kinda far although I agree if we're strictly talking deep v's here.

I think vnecks can even make decent undershirts so you can avoid that herb-ish crewneck showing under button up steez.

Was (mostly) joking, although it's funny how I hardly ever want to wear my v-necks now that I've got a bunch of scoops.

ilikeme

I'm also trying to buy a pair of shoes to go with shorts. I'm basically buying one pair of shoes for summer, really strapped for cash.

Thing is, I have three pairs of shorts. One are like gray plaidish, others are beige so those work with a lot. Then I have a dark blue, really blue pair.

Thinking about simple sneakers mainly:

O7ssBze.jpg

Cb68jQ8.jpg

MjyYIRx.jpg

PYvhJxm.jpg

First I was just looking for some grey converse, but these should do fine. So my questions are, these kind of shoes work with shorts right? And what works with blue shorts? Also, black shoes and beige shorts is probably not a good idea right? So is grey/beige good? Do the above shoes look alright?

My fashion sense is so off sometimes, would appreciate some feedback.

Not too crazy about the Clarks either, they look more complementary with pants than they would with shorts.

I know that you want to pull off something that will complement your chino shorts (which are fairly utilitarian) and plain t-shirts (which are also utilitarian) by dressing them up a bit but honestly, I think you might be making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Just wear something comfortable, it's really how you carry yourself that'll pull the look off.

Also, I've seen guys just wear plain t's & chino shorts while wearing oxfords. I wouldn't do it (as it's not my thing) but it does exist.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not too crazy about the Clarks either, they look more complementary with pants than they would with shorts.

I know that you want to pull off something that will complement your chino shorts (which are fairly utilitarian) and plain t-shirts (which are also utilitarian) by dressing them up a bit but honestly, I think you might be making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Just wear something comfortable, it's really how you carry yourself that'll pull the look off.

Also, I've seen guys just wear plain t's & chino shorts while wearing oxfords. I wouldn't do it (as it's not my thing) but it does exist.

Hmm. Yeah, this is stupid. I know I'm making a bigger deal out of it. I just want some solid summer shoes that look nice and go with everything. The brown Sperrys seem to fit that because Sperry's are a summer look.

Maybe I'll check the mall this weekend and if nothing order the Sperry's.

Antagon

True, true, I just want to make sure whatever I get doesn't look odd with chino shorts and a solid t-shirt. It's an easy, good looking, universal summer look. :p

EDIT:
I do love my Clarks boots. I guess I could co with something like this? These look nice right?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040GL7KW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

th

EDIT2: Yeah, I may be going with those Clark's. I like the look and they seem like the color will go with anything.

Personally I Don't like the shape. They seem really long and boring. If you wear suorts and a plain tee i'd recommend shoes that are a bit more bold.

nike-zoom-stefan-janoski-khaki-hyper-red.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom