• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, looks like something our legacy/band of outsiders would do.

At my favorite store again:
TKqznBM.jpg

Spending the summer in Spain, in need of general advice. I currently dress pretty preppy: Chinos, jeans, Sperry's, khaki and pastel shorts, solid tees, and button downs. Is this appropriate for the summer time in Spain?

Considering picking up another pair of Sperry's. Currently wear navy pair and a light tan pair.

skynidas

Banned
Spending the summer in Spain, in need of general advice. I currently dress pretty preppy: Chinos, jeans, Sperry's, khaki and pastel shorts, solid tees, and button downs. Is this appropriate for the summer time in Spain?

Considering picking up another pair of Sperry's. Currently wear navy pair and a light tan pair.

I live in Madrid and in summer all you described is perfectly appropiate.

Where does Gosling find all these tees with necks like this?

Ryan-Gosling-s-Movies-Honored-by-National-Board-of-Review-ryan-gosling-28215539-358-500.jpg

gosling5f-3-web.jpg

It's basically just a crew neck but slightly larger and well fitting. Any suggestions?

Wait those aren't scoop necks? I though that was what they were called.

Also I agree with Midnights that a big part of the reason they look so good on him is because of his build.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Where does Gosling find all these tees with necks like this?

It's basically just a crew neck but slightly larger and well fitting. Any suggestions?

Yeah, they're scoop necks and they're great. Pretty easy to find most places now since it's the current successor to v-necks, which are passe and lame and you should burn any in your closet.

giga

I had cargo shorts from A&F in like 1999. I actually liked them a lot. #confessions
It's ok, I used to wear cargo shorts literally a few years ago back in college. I repent every day.

And I'm beginning to think lunchbox is actually not trolling that thread.

I had cargo shorts from A&F in like 1999. I actually liked them a lot. #confessions

I have a number of their cargo shorts & chino shorts from the late 90s and they've actually held up well. I also have a couple of their hoodies as well. It's a lot thicker than my other hoodies but they are quite warm.

I do wear them from time to time but luckily the logos are tiny to non-existent.

That said, I rarely wear them anymore.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, scoops, interesting.

Bought two pair of shorts online today. Chinos. We'll see how they fit this weekend. Shoes came in too. All just in time for my San Diego trip.

Going to hit the mall this weekend to find a new pair of chinos and button up for the wedding. Thinking very light tan pants and a lighter blue shirt. Might need brown shoes...

Rookje

needs more cleavage

Slutty shirts don't look good if you're jacked like that... imo. Also way too tight. You always want your slutty shirts to "drape" a bit on you, not hug or be skin tight. Looks douchish.

Chris Hemsworth can pull it off, but again he drapes them using a bigger size.

My heart goes out to the manlets though. Being jacked and short sucks, cause your proportions get thrown off and you can't really drape with a bigger size cause then they become dresses.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Banana Republic had a 3-hour 40% sale so I went in during my lunch break and picked up a pair of grey Mad Men pants for $40. I love sales.

Lirlond

I hate being 170cm. I'm getting slowly bigger but mediums fit too long and pretty soon I won't fit into smalls before tearing them open.

Zozz

Banned
So I really want to become more aware of where my clothes are being made, the recent events in Dhaka, Bangladesh has really changed my perspective and self responsibility on it all and I don't want to be part of the problem anymore.

Anyone have any names for companies that are fair trade? made in america etc...

Just trying to get more knowledgeable

So I really want to become more aware of where my clothes are being made, the recent events in Dhaka, Bangladesh has really changed my perspective and self responsibility on it all and I don't want to be part of the problem anymore.

tough question to answer in the complete sense. A lot of stuff can be, and is, made in random countries and be made fairly, and a majority of labels don't really advertise this either. I guess it depends on what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend.

I will say, though, you can build an entire wardrobe out of 100% made in america stuff and be completely stylish and modern in the process. sneakers are the only real rub, but you can get something made in italy/etc.

I can't vouch for it's accuracy or usefulness, but thinkprogress put up a short list a few days ago.

Boken

Banned
forget the tie,

where can i get a small dot high density polka dot navy sweater?

i shouldve taken photos of the random dude walking around in the store with that balling sweater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom