• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Yeah, this is stupid. I know I'm making a bigger deal out of it. I just want some solid summer shoes that look nice and go with everything. The brown Sperrys seem to fit that because Sperry's are a summer look.

Maybe I'll check the mall this weekend and if nothing order the Sperry's.

There you go. Sometimes you can just go with your gut feeling since it seemed like the Sperry's were your top choice anyways.

I usually wear sneakers in the summer, but that's my thing as I have mostly low & mid-tops and wear them all year round (benefit of having a job with a casual dress code so anything non-slip is good).

I do have some nicer stuff, but rarely does the situation call for it during the summer.

Kinda want these for the summer as it fits my 'white, gum sole' criteria...

a-p-c-x-nike-2013-summer-collection-4.jpg

A.P.C. x Nike Air Maxim 1

Antagon

Oh, I kind of like those Nike's. Link? They super expensive?

They're standard janoski's, khaki/hyper red colorway. Probably around 80 dollars.

Just check out some skateshops, most should have them in stock.

Edit: but yeah you're the one that has to wear them. So if you like the sperrys, get them.

There you go. Sometimes you can just go with your gut feeling since it seemed like the Sperry's were your top choice anyways.

I usually wear sneakers in the summer, but that's my thing as I have mostly low & mid-tops and wear them all year round (benefit of having a job with a casual dress code so anything non-slip is good).

I do have some nicer stuff, but rarely does the situation call for it during the summer.

Kinda want these for the summer as it fits my 'white, gum sole' criteria...

a-p-c-x-nike-2013-summer-collection-4.jpg

A.P.C. x Nike Air Maxim 1

Dannnng I really like those air max 1... white suede doe.

For a simple summer sneaker that I get a ton of use out of I don't think you can go wrong with authentics.

YBn9C9MmkO

From my own personal Instagram lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Was looking at the Nike Roshe Run Suede too. More casual, suede, and customize color.

Here's my very dumb mock up with the Sperry's vs the Nikes and a typical outfit. Maybe I should just grab both eventually.

dumb.jpg

Was looking at the Nike Roshe Run Suede too. More casual, suede, and customize color.

Here's my very dumb mock up with the Sperry's vs the Nikes and a typical outfit. Maybe I should just grab both eventually.

dumb.jpg

I'll probably pick up some Roshe for fun, tried on a pair and the new Liberty collaboration has me wanting to do something fun. Looking to get the pepper floral pair sometime soon.

The Roshe are really lightweight and definitely comfortable. They seem to be the new go-to Nikes right about now.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just wondering if I can stand the white, but the custom white they have looks a bit more off-white which helps. Wish I could see them in person though. Also they are $120 where the Sperry's are $85.

Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: 4 weeks for custom Nike's? Nooope. Guess the mall will be the last stop to look and then I'll order Sperry's Monday. Sand Diego trip in 2 weeks.

EDIT2: Despite comments here if I don't find anything at the mall I think I'll order the Clark's. I can always return them if they look odd, but I like the color and they look casual yet formal at the same time.

bedlamite

Roshes(I reccommend the mesh joints, those are the most comfy) and Janoskis are definitely where it's at if you're looking for a casual summer shoe. You can't go wrong with Sperrys but the Nike recommendations are good if you're feeling a bit adventurous.

I love my roshes with chinos mostly but I dunno if i'd wear them with shorts. They are mid height-ish so could look kinda awkward. I'm sure they'd be fine though.

I love my roshes with chinos mostly but I dunno if i'd wear them with shorts. They are mid height-ish so could look kinda awkward. I'm sure they'd be fine though.

Nah, the chukka Roshes should be fine but I think he was considering the regular low-tops and those are normally photographed by people wearing shorts, which works even better.

Since the chukka Roshes are mids, it depends on the person wearing them and what shorts they're wearing.

f0rk

Your highbrow fashion references go over my head. You need to produce photographic evidence of someone not looking dumb while 'wearing' a jacket by the straps.
I like that jacket but I don't believe people would actually use those

giga

JCP OCBD shirt, which is very good for the price (good material and great fit for being off the rack), is on sale: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom//men/view-all-brands/jcp™-oxford-shirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002260083

Use code GOAHEAD for 15% off. Or use MORE2BUY and serial 0102798250 for $10 off the entire order. The former will be better if you order multiple. The latter if your order total is smaller.

I gave in and ordered this polka dot shirt to see if the fit and material is as good: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/...-polka-dot-shirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002260078&

If not, I'll return it.

giga

I think someone here was asking about clothing made in the USA after the Bangladesh tragedy. Apart from the usual big guys (Brooks Brothers, Allen Edmonds, Alden, etc.), you might want to check out Fifth&Brannan.

http://fifthandbrannan.com/lookbook/

Prices are a bit high (the cost of manufacturing in the US?), but the quality looks to be very good. They're just two guys running a shop in San Francisco. Free shipping, returns, and exchanges too.

yeah, like I said, it reallly depends on how much you want to spend that will determine recommendations. You can get low end (american apparel) or ultra-high end (The Row, Thom Browne, etc)

http://hauteamericana.com/shop/

I found this list, which covers a lot of 'manshion' labels, but is still missing stuff like Unis, Epaulet, and Patrik Ervell (which isn't 100% US made, but still!)

bob page

JCP OCBD shirt, which is very good for the price (good material and great fit for being off the rack), is on sale: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom//men/view-all-brands/jcp™-oxford-shirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002260083

Use code GOAHEAD for 15% off. Or use MORE2BUY and serial 0102798250 for $10 off the entire order. The former will be better if you order multiple. The latter if your order total is smaller.

I gave in and ordered this polka dot shirt to see if the fit and material is as good: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/...-polka-dot-shirt/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002260078&

If not, I'll return it.

Damn, wish I would have seen this sooner- I picked up a few at Uniqlo for $20 each last week. Oh well, still got a pink one, but the rest were out in S.

bob page

The way the sleeves are cut looks fantastic, and the stitching around the neck is sublime.

Why the hell do fashion labels post bullshit photos like this.

There are plenty of pics of how their t's fit on their site. This pic was just shown to tease the new color offerings.

Your highbrow fashion references go over my head. You need to produce photographic evidence of someone not looking dumb while 'wearing' a jacket by the straps.
I like that jacket but I don't believe people would actually use those
well all the highbrow fashion references are pointing toward stuff that existed more than a decade ago, so you aren't going to see much in the way of street photos.

tumblr_l7jl8lWbYA1qd7c8yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_l7jkn3H90i1qd7c8yo1_400.jpg

helmut-lang-ma-1-2.jpg

tumblr_l7jl16MhWs1qd7c8yo1_400.jpg

etc

Whether or not this is cool/not dumb is of course, up to you, but as someone who owned a couple of these back 'in the day', the straps are quite nice, especially on more traditional coats etc, since you feel attached and secured inside them... It's an interesting sensation. not sure if this is the case with siki im's iteration but looking at it is giving me those nostalgia feels.

gah now I want to hit up ebay and find this shit again.

Alucrid

Banned
well all the highbrow fashion references are pointing toward stuff that existed more than a decade ago, so you aren't going to see much in the way of street photos.

etc

Whether or not this is cool/not dumb is of course, up to you, but as someone who owned a couple of these back 'in the day', the straps are quite nice, especially on more traditional coats etc, since you feel attached and secured inside them... It's an interesting sensation. not sure if this is the case with siki im's iteration but looking at it is giving me those nostalgia feels.

gah now I want to hit up ebay and find this shit again.

good luck, i can't find the one i want :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom